Guitar Player's Thread

I made my own Cell phone Ring tone that is now on my phone...

Let me know if the link works as well...

http://www.upload-mp3.com/pfiles/11905/Cell%20Phone%20Ring%20tone%20WMA.mp3

I did all instruments (3 guitars, Bass, Drums) and even Funny Vocals.

As far as the comedic lyrics for anyone who can not understand them here they are:

Cell Phone Call,
You got a cell phone call,
Right now, oh yeah!

You better pick it up,
Better Pick it up,
Better Pick it up,
Right now, Oh yeaah,
Wooooah.

Solo!!

Tell me what you think. And as far as criticizing quality and what not, I could care less as I did this less than an hour with very limited resources to record (especially for micing drums haha) and I was just using Cubase. HOPE to upgrade recording equipment some time in the future. And if anyone REALLY wants this as their ring tone as I have it, feel free to IM me on PiggyBackSetSail and I will send it to you. Enjoy and thanks for listening.

Enjoy!

- Andrew Turner

P.S. this is not to be taken as a serious song.

I made my own Cell phone Ring tone that is now on my phone...

Let me know if the link works as well...

http://www.upload-mp3.com/pfiles/11905/Cell%20Phone%20Ring%20tone%20WMA.mp3

I did all instruments (3 guitars, Bass, Drums) and even Funny Vocals.

As far as the comedic lyrics for anyone who can not understand them here they are:

Cell Phone Call,
Right now, oh yeah!

You better pick it up,
Better Pick it up,
Better Pick it up,
Right now, Oh yeaah,
Wooooah.

Solo!!

Tell me what you think. And as far as criticizing quality and what not, I could care less as I did this less than an hour with very limited resources to record (especially for micing drums haha) and I was just using Cubase. HOPE to upgrade recording equipment some time in the future. And if anyone REALLY wants this as their ring tone as I have it, feel free to IM me on PiggyBackSetSail and I will send it to you. Enjoy and thanks for listening.

Enjoy!

- Andrew Turner

P.S. this is not to be taken as a serious song.

Sounds like some weird horror music :p

Very cool indeed. :)

Its pretty easy and cheesy. Shouldn't be hard to figure out by ear. The three part harmonies at the beginning and the ending are all harmonies in 3rds one on each string, e, b, g. And the three string sweeping is like the basic stuff also to amount to the 'cheese' affect. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out by ear. Helps improve your ear at the least by trying. :lol:

jeff loomis' solo album pwns babies :kickass:

I'm listening to it now and it's pretty good. Non suprisingly, it sounds like a bunch of instrumental Nevermore songs so I'm not loving it 100% but Miles Of Machines is the song I was waiting for, since it's the one Altitudes tabbed and I saw that video of him playing at NAMM '08.

There are some cool riffs in every song and I think this album would be a real challenge to tab in the way that I did Blooddrunk. I think Jeff's leads need to all be louder too.

I just realized the tubes in my pre-amp are probably over 20 years old, Im thinking of changing them just to see how it affects the sound, ive never tried changing pre-amp tubes.

Same here. I still have the Lee Jackson Perfect Tubes in mine from 1988. Sounds good though so I'm not gonna bother just yet.

I heard that generally Preamptubes have a much longer lifespan than powertubes and that older vintage amps with original tubes have REALLY long tube lifespans.

Yea, i was just wondering how different ones would change the sound, im gonna put my mesa tubes in there now to see if it makes any difference lol

Edit: there is a noticeable difference in the distortion characteristics with the mesa tubes in the GP-1000. The Lee Jackson tubes and the Mesa Tubes are both 12AX7s but the internal parts of the tubes look slightly different. I might get a new set of either JJ tubes or Groove Tubes to experiment. I could use a few spares anyways just incase

I've bought a PODxt, since I kept hearing so many good comments about it, and was amazed at how versatile this thing is. I've never got around getting a good tone when plugging it to my comp with an port. Everything seems to sound fine when I plug it into my amp, but it sounds really trebly when recording with the computer.

If anyone has one of these, could he please tell me how do you set it up exactly? I've been reading the manual but I'm getting a major headache at the moment :erk:

There are some cool riffs in every song and I think this album would be a real challenge to tab in the way that I did Blooddrunk. I think Jeff's leads need to all be louder too.

I think the leads are loud enough in the mix, but it is hard for me to make out some of the stuff he plays on the lower strings when playing a solo. I always have thought his tone could use more midrange though but I guess it is his preference. You don't like the heavy Nevermore riffs? It kinda sounds like Cacophony if they were a heavy metal band :lol: