Guitar Player's Thread

Any suggestions for a guitar with 200-300 € budget?

listen

Ibanez RG321 hands down! Best guitar available for that money anywhere.

http://www.thomann.de/fi/ibanez_rg321mhrb.htm

Ok. More suggestions? Max 300 € prize, and it has to be good quality plus good looking.

Well IF you can afford that price stretch of the RG321 then it is the best quality in that range and they look awesome and play very fast. You would not need to upgrade for a while. I reccomend and i am sure you will get assurance on that guitar. I will check some more for you still but i think that is the best choice!

MORE:

Esp-ltd mh100qm
http://www.thomann.de/fi/esp_ltd_mh_100qm_nt.htm

Schecter diamond omen 6
http://www.thomann.de/fi/schecter_omen_6_wsn_02.htm

Out of those 2 the Schecter Diamond Omen 6 totally pwns the LTD. I have tried both...
I Would still choose the ibanez maybe.

If you would want a Schecter then it is the easiest for you to get. If i am not mistaken about you Joonas you live in Espoo, Right? In Helsinki there is a shop called Sounddata who sell Schecter's for reasonable prices and they are very nice there.

http://www.thomann.de/fi/ibanez_rg321mhrb.htm

Ok. More suggestions? Max 300 € prize, and it has to be good quality plus good looking ;)

It depends on the music you want to play. I have the older model of the RG321 it's pretty cool as long as you don't tune it to C or B. I paid 220€ for it (used).

If i were you i'd rather buy a used guitar with small scratches and shit for 2/3 of the original price. and spend the money on a better amp.

I'm listening to the promo copy of Slipknot's new single...it's definitely extremely different to anything from the self titled album or Iowa. It's got clean singing in it, similar to Stone Sour and a blistering guitar solo.

I'm not too keen on the guitar riffs or the tone but Joey's drumming and tone is incredible.

I'm listening to the promo copy of Slipknot's new single...it's definitely extremely different to anything from the self titled album or Iowa. It's got clean singing in it, similar to Stone Sour and a blistering guitar solo.

I'm not too keen on the guitar riffs or the tone but Joey's drumming and tone is incredible.

Same thoughts here. My friends thought it was shit, but they tend to listen to the overall songs, and not pay attention to anything. I thought it was okay.

(You're talking about AHIS, right? :lol:)

It depends on the music you want to play. I have the older model of the RG321 it's pretty cool as long as you don't tune it to C or B. I paid 220€ for it (used).

If i were you i'd rather be a used guitar with small scratches and shit for 2/3 of the original price. and spend the money on a better amp.

That's true.

Funny how slipknot had no solos when that weren't the trend, and now they have when it's becoming trendy again.

It wasn't to do with them, their producer deleted the solos from their first album that they played and said it wasn't "cool". Rick Rubin, btw.

@joonas: check out a yamaha pacifica with a humbucker, it's imo the best guitar for beginners. You don't have a FR System, but Dive Bombs shouldn't intereset you in you first year of playing. (You should learn to play proper open chords first).

Argh, I'm sitting at the most boring place at the moment - the uni library of archeology - and have to read textes about the development of Marseille. No guitar for me 'til Wednesday :(

It wasn't to do with them, their producer deleted the solos from their first album that they played and said it wasn't "cool". Rick Rubin, btw.

LOL and they STOOD FOR THAT?

If ANYONE tampered with my music in that way i'd fucking shove a guitarneck down their throat

Same with kurt my pals cobain, and letting the producer talk him into harmonizing vocals

Don't anyone have a fucking spine these days? Anyone CARE about their damn fucking music? I have no respect for some people, holy fuck.

if it's sounding too trebly, then you need to mess around with the compressor and the noise gate settings. test out different thresholds and add some gain on the comp if you think it's necessary. Also, you can use some of the stomp effects like red and blue comps. but keep reading the little booklet thing. it helps.

Tried to mess around with them for a bit, but it kinda sounds worse than usual. I just think there's either something wrong with how I connect it or the actual tone I've given to it (which I wouldn't think it is, as it sounds good on my amp).

Also, the booklet is pretty damn huge for this thing, might take a while since I'm a slow learner :loco:

I actually bought one too, sort of, and most probably ill get this free DvD with it with a guide or something, i heared it was very usefull. You could try to find it online, or some rip of it on the interbutts.. if not, i can probably hook you up with it

Waaaaait. THERE'S A DVD FOR THIS THING?

That might help me a bunch, or either be a useless waste of time (as is expected of those dvds). Thanks :kickass:

@joonas: check out a yamaha pacifica with a humbucker, it's imo the best guitar for beginners. You don't have a FR System, but Dive Bombs shouldn't intereset you in you first year of playing. (You should learn to play proper open chords first).

Argh, I'm sitting at the most boring place at the moment - the uni library of archeology - and have to read textes about the development of Marseille. No guitar for me 'til Wednesday :(

Ouch! Same story for me for the past week or so only with physics, studying is such a bastard :erk: I rarely get to pick up my guitar. I get a break from studying for the summer but work will shit all over that :eek:

Annnd. Welcome back Mitch, have a good holiday?

Cool posters Mystique!! Can't wait to see the Muhammad ones. I just got my PG one I won on ebay, for a substantial amount less then £90 :oops:

DSC00140.jpg

Yes, it was good, thank you.

And just a reminder. I think I will finish the forum jam next Monday, so anyone that still wishes to participate, you have one week.