Guitar Player's Thread

I fucking hate gp :zzz: I think these error messages pop up because of a lack of random memory access :/

Happens to me too. It fucks it up :Smug:

Always happens when it randomly runs out of memory acces. Wich tends to happen quite often to me, because I abuse my computer like a basturd.

Well then, I don't feel alone :lol: Maybe my processor isn't fast enough? Don't really know but it is a bitch to close, re-open, only for it to do it again. Apparently WMP + GP = not enough RAM left :confused:

Does it really matter if they are in french? :lol: It probably is in french because it is a cracked version of gp. The yellow messages I get still allow me to use the program but the red motherfucker messages freeze up my computer.

I've bought a PODxt, since I kept hearing so many good comments about it, and was amazed at how versatile this thing is. I've never got around getting a good tone when plugging it to my comp with an port. Everything seems to sound fine when I plug it into my amp, but it sounds really trebly when recording with the computer.

If anyone has one of these, could he please tell me how do you set it up exactly? I've been reading the manual but I'm getting a major headache at the moment :erk:

if it's sounding too trebly, then you need to mess around with the compressor and the noise gate settings. test out different thresholds and add some gain on the comp if you think it's necessary. Also, you can use some of the stomp effects like red and blue comps. but keep reading the little booklet thing. it helps.

Well then, I don't feel alone :lol: Maybe my processor isn't fast enough? Don't really know but it is a bitch to close, re-open, only for it to do it again. Apparently WMP + GP = not enough RAM left :confused:

perhaps.. when i get the messages im having MSN, gp, winamp, interwebs*6, bitcomet, and sometimes a game or something opened.. but iirc i also got these messages when i simply had a msn and gp opened

I've bought a PODxt, since I kept hearing so many good comments about it, and was amazed at how versatile this thing is. I've never got around getting a good tone when plugging it to my comp with an port. Everything seems to sound fine when I plug it into my amp, but it sounds really trebly when recording with the computer.

If anyone has one of these, could he please tell me how do you set it up exactly? I've been reading the manual but I'm getting a major headache at the moment :erk:

I actually bought one too, sort of, and most probably ill get this free DvD with it with a guide or something, i heared it was very usefull. You could try to find it online, or some rip of it on the interbutts.. if not, i can probably hook you up with it

I got the same messenges, too. It began slowly, but in the end, the error popped everytime I wanted to quit GP. Now that I have a new Laptop, I had to reinstall it there and it works perfectly.

Perhaps it's really a lack of memory, my old PC had 512 MB, my Laptop has 3 GB. I doubt that your processor isn't fast enough, mick. IF it has to do something with your system, than it's probably RAM. How much do you have?

@Bucket: Is the POD XT an Interface too, so that it can be used as an external soundcard? Generally, you need a good soundcard to record. I have the Line6 Toneport with the sounds of the Pod and it functions as an external soundcard (it's an interface).

If the XT is not an interface (external soundcard), than this could be the reason why your recorded tone sounds different/shittier than the not-recorded one.

i typed in "jeff loomis album leaked" etc. etc. no dice, and torrents dont work on my damn computer

Why won't you download i torrent manager then?

Oh and i get the French Messages also. It's when i try to exit the program a red warning shit pops up and im unable to exit it. Which makes me mad.

namnlstx1.jpg

I get those messages too, and I kind of hate them, but lately it's been working quite fine (until I left, now it's just there with the computer, not working at all as it's not even plugged XD.

I'm listening to it now and it's pretty good. Non suprisingly, it sounds like a bunch of instrumental Nevermore songs so I'm not loving it 100% but Miles Of Machines is the song I was waiting for, since it's the one Altitudes tabbed and I saw that video of him playing at NAMM '08.

There are some cool riffs in every song and I think this album would be a real challenge to tab in the way that I did Blooddrunk. I think Jeff's leads need to all be louder too.

That'd be good, although I don't know if any of us would be able to nail one of Loomis solos :D

DAMNITFUCK.

just when i really got into the playinggroove again, i fucking slice my left hand index finger up!

Can somebody tell me how to play BlindGuardian-lord of the rings (check the tab plz) with a pick ? or with my fingers? cause i do it with fingers and i am annoyed by changing to pick for the 2 solos and back to fingers

I don't see the problem? I can play shit like that with a pick...easiest is to figure out the chord. They ain't fucking random fingerings...

Okay I finally recorded something for the jam. I still have to think of whether it's good enough to be contributed or not.

Sidenote: I got a 12 western guitar from a friend of my dad's for free. There's no hint about the producing company. or the series.
I almost died while I changed the 35 year old strings with 15 year olds. The bridge thing needs to be readjusted because the low strings are like 1cm (!) away from the fretboard at the 19 fret.
Do you think it's worth to built in a pickup?