Guitar Player's Thread

@Twisha and Jose: Thanks! I think it helped me a bit ;)

@Mitch: You suck because you've stolen my point! ;) I was just copying Steve's news when I saw that you already posted them. But nice to see that you have him in your myspace friends list too :p

I just went fucking berserk on the need to set up my FR so i just went ahead and took out the ol' ruler. Measured some shit and fucking blocked it!!!!

kuva041dn3.jpg

I got a bit too eager with the sanding on the second piece. Really unprofessional work but it gets the job done. The FR is rock solid snow. Will put 2 more pieces there i thing.

the blocking looks awesome, i need to do that on my RG.

Bad news though, I think i messed up my index finger on my picking hand, it hurts at the first joint on the side that i hold my pick, it also looks a little too slanted compared to my left hand's index finger. I don't think I broke anything, I hope not anyways but i might be taking a break from guitar for a while, or without a pick haha

Bad news though, I think i messed up my index finger on my picking hand, it hurts at the first joint on the side that i hold my pick, it also looks a little too slanted compared to my left hand's index finger. I don't think I broke anything, I hope not anyways but i might be taking a break from guitar for a while, or without a pick haha

well thank you! :) Yeah i really got the fuck fed up with my FR so i was like "oh well...BLOCKING TIME2. Woah shit...you should see a doctor about that. Could be it will be fine in a couple of days. I thought once i had injured my finger but in a couple of days it did pass.

Yeah i really got the fuck fed up with my FR so i was like "oh well...BLOCKING TIME2.

I've blocked the trem of my guitars for years. Mainly because I'm not patient enough to tune it after restringing :lol: Also it's alot easier to drop tune, not that I do it often but I have the possibility if I want to.

I switched to 0.12-56 D'addarios(custom chosen gauges) today and it turned out it was near impossible to set up with 4 springs so i just said fuck it and blocked it. I like alot better like that tbh...

Also for some reason those new strings gave me a perfect intonation...:lol: I was going to see how the intonation was but it was perfect so i just let it be.

about a month or two ago, i sliced of a piece of skin that was about a centimeter long and 3 milimeter's wide and i cut it about 2 milimeter's deep. it was on my index finger, luckily not the pick holding side. i could still play but i had to be really careful and it hurt like a mother fucker
this was 2 days after i did it
Finger.jpg

To the PODxt users:

Is it essential to have both left and right outputs connected to the sound card while recording with the USB cable?

Because if it is, I am the biggest moron of all time :lol:

Pђoenix;7436158 said:
Cool stuff IA recently had a new guitar made for perfect tuning like Steve!

LOTFVII-AH-TT.jpg

Cool, thanks for the info. Do you know how expensive it is to get a setup?

For the players who don't know this innovation yet:

You have to wait 2 minutes, than the frets are explained. Lol at the first prototypes!
[ame]http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=JD2bhDl2ivc[/ame]
http://www.truetemperament.com/site/images/media/tt_formula_1_mna.wmv

The Vai videos seem to be unfindable :/

To the PODxt users:

Is it essential to have both left and right outputs connected to the sound card while recording with the USB cable?

Because if it is, I am the biggest moron of all time :lol:

While recording through the USB cable you don't need to have any of the "normal" outputs connected, hence the digital recording :p And it also makes it quite simple since you only need one guitar cable.

While recording through the USB cable you don't need to have any of the "normal" outputs connected, hence the digital recording :p And it also makes it quite simple since you only need one guitar cable.

Whew, saving a couple of bucks on cables then.

But I still need to find out what the hell is the problem then. With about any kind of amp models with distortion I try, it always comes out really fuzzy and trebly and I can't seem to get a decent tone out of the POD, and this is starting to irritate me. :erk:

Whew, saving a couple of bucks on cables then.

But I still need to find out what the hell is the problem then. With about any kind of amp models with distortion I try, it always comes out really fuzzy and trebly and I can't seem to get a decent tone out of the POD, and this is starting to irritate me. :erk:

I've never used any of the existing patches, they all pretty much suck, it took me a great while to find someting usable.

I've never used any of the existing patches, they all pretty much suck, it took me a great while to find someting usable.

You mean like the Eruption, Cliffs of Dover, etc? I don't use those actually. I try to make up my own but it always just ends up sounding all trebly and annoying in the end. For some reason, it's just like that when recording, and sounds really good on an amp. Either the connections are wrong or I'm doing something wrong. :Smug:

Would you mind if you could post your settings? Maybe that would help me a bit :)

After reading the interview in the CoB interview thread about guitars,I'm curious on how to harmonize.

Can you tell me everything I know about harmonizing?
thanks!