Guitar Player's Thread

Christopher Ammot is so awesome. I hate how his brother gets all the credit.
Yeah i don't see why...I like him aswell.
Yes. :lol:

He is so much better, IMO.

Not better really, They got so different style it's hard to compare. While Chris gets the faster shreddy solos Michael takes often the WahWahd slow solos. They have traded solos live though and done shit like that...they both can shred but Chris NEVER plays any of that wahwah shit. The it's up to style which you prefer. The faster melodic or the slower melodic :p

I like both equally much although i admire Michael maybe a bit more because his playing is so refined. Great vibrato and bends n shit :worship:

WTF?? I just checked out ESP guitars and Michael doesn't have a signature model anymore...at least according to espguitars.com
:confused:

Could just be that they've decided not to list him on the site anymore, there's fuckloads of ESP artists that aren't listed there. Although I just noticed that Roope is there now, when he wasnt before, awesome.

Could just be that they've decided not to list him on the site anymore, there's fuckloads of ESP artists that aren't listed there. Although I just noticed that Roope is there now, when he wasnt before, awesome.

They only list people who got signature models. Amott has like 3 different which 1 is discontinued i think...he recently aquired his new Floyd Rose Ninja V's aswell so i don't know wtf is going on. Also Michael Padget is on there...

Maybe Amott switched to Caparison like his brother or something?:hotjump:

Yeah i don't see why...I like him aswell.

Not better really, They got so different style it's hard to compare. While Chris gets the faster shreddy solos Michael takes often the WahWahd slow solos. They have traded solos live though and done shit like that...they both can shred but Chris NEVER plays any of that wahwah shit. The it's up to style which you prefer. The faster melodic or the slower melodic :p

I like both equally much although i admire Michael maybe a bit more because his playing is so refined. Great vibrato and bends n shit :worship:

I prefer Chris' vibrato, but Michael's Wah control is awesome.

Yeah, could be, but it's kinda strange since there's been lots of advertising for his signaturemodel and now they don't even list him on the main guitars page.

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/artist/index.html (Which is the better website, even if it's the japanese one) still lists him.

The Japanese site has way more models up but it's like updated 1 time/year. So that information is outdated...not even his new signature models are listed there.

Lolz...i got bored:

ALL HAIL MY CHUNKY GUITAR TONE :lol: It's pretty unbelievable. That's my Randall boosted with a Boss SD-1 for slightly more pick attack.

[ame]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5730661816236276324[/ame]

Yeah but have you seen the comments on youtube??/

omfg...

He's so sloppy and yet people are so deaf. :erk:
I thought the same thing...sloppy, sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. There are certain things you cannot hide. I think its more important to learn how to play the song cleanly and not try and let the overall volume or distortion mask sloppy play.

I think it's more like 1time a months but who cares?
b music still lists M. Ammot and the russian esp site too.

I hope to god it's not what i think it is. I love Michael's models and want one someday...

Could be just ESP took him down for some weird reason.

ALSO!

BUMP FOR NEW PAGE:
Lolz...i got bored:

ALL HAIL MY CHUNKY GUITAR TONE :lol: It's pretty unbelievable. That's my Randall boosted with a Boss SD-1 for slightly more pick attack.

[ame]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5730661816236276324[/ame]

Generally more pick attack would come from picking with more attack.

i was more meaning pick sensitivity/compression and overall just more kick in the tone. Which it seems to give. Without it my tone seems A BIT dull.

And dont mind my fucking hair. I was sweating and it was falling over my eyes...annoying shit. It's fuckin' hot here right now!!!!

WTF?? I just checked out ESP guitars and Michael doesn't have a signature model anymore...at least according to espguitars.com
:confused:

His contract ended. He will probably sign with Dean next, as they make similar v's to the ones he plays. Although he used to play Ibanez back in the day...

Bumping this for the new page.

Actually I've just figured out why I had such a shit sound.

I had to go into my control panel and change the sound card to the pod, which I thought was already done, but apparently It wasnt :err:.

eh

After reading the interview in the CoB interview thread about guitars,I'm curious on how to harmonize.

Can you tell me everything I know about harmonizing?
thanks!

melodic: single notes, one instrument

harmony: multiple notes on possibly multiple instruments

G A B C D E F# G. G major. here's the simplest harmony, the thirds (iron maiden thanks you greatly). play every third note together.

Exampele: G+B, A+C, B+D, D+F#, E+G. there are more complex harmonies that involve less of a straightfoward progression (counterpoint etc.), and you can also play harmonies such as ever fourth note, or ever fifth note, sixths, unisons, octaves, etc. (power chords = fifths). Those are consonant harmonies. we'll get into dissonance and such later.

His contract ended. He will probably sign with Dean next, as they make similar v's to the ones he plays. Although he used to play Ibanez back in the day...
According to Andy Sneap it's not Ibanez, Caparison, Dean, or Schecter. Wonder where he's gonna go :0

Well, which of the famous brands are still in the ring?

Dismissed:
ESP
Ibanez
Caparison
Dean
Shecter

Still in:
Jackson
Gibson
BC Rich
Peavy

I would not wonder if he goes to Gibson, because he's a huge fan of Michael Schenker, who played Gibsons back then, and Michael Amott often played Gibson (white Flying V) before he endorsed ESP.

And I like Chris' Solos more, but his playing is not as unique as Michaels. Then again, Carlos Santana's playing is unique, too, but you want to throw the cd out of the window after the second song.