Guitar Player's Thread

Ah right, I forgot them. I wanted to find cool pics of the Dime signature model and came across this review:

History:

Purchase: I bought this guitar from a friend because i love DimeBag. I payed $900 for it. It looks really cool.

What I Like About This Washburn Dimebag Darrel Signature Model: It looks cool

What I Do NOT Like About The Washburn Dimebag Darrel Signature Model: EVERYTHING!! I PAYED 900 FOR A PEICE OF NOTHING THAT LOOKS COOL! I FEEL LIKE KNOCKING MY FRIEND OUT COLD! HE PRACTICLY SOLD ME NOTHING THAT LOOKS COOL AND CAN MAKE A BUZZ SOUND! IF YOU ARE SANE YOU WILL NOT BUY THIS GUITAR FOR 900. I GOT RIPPED OFF.

Washburn Dimebag Darrel Signature Model Quality: SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NO QUALITY. NO NOISE COMES OUT OF IT. THEM KNOB THINGS FELL OFF SO I CANT ADJUST THE VOLUME. I BROKE THE NECK THROWING IT DOWN STAIRS CAUSE I GOT MAD. I ALSO GOT IN TROUBLE FOR HITTING THE DOG. ITS IN ACOMA. I WISH THE DOG WOULD HAVE BEEN DIMEBAG..OR PENNYBAG DARREL I SHOULD CALL HIM! THATS HOW MUCH THIS GUITAR IS WORTH!

Summary: ITS GOOD FOR HITTING DOGS WITH.

Rating of this product: 1

This Washburn Dimebag Darrel Signature Model Electric Guitars Review Submitted By: DimeBag Darrel

Date: 2004-04-05

:lol:

His contract ended. He will probably sign with Dean next, as they make similar v's to the ones he plays. Although he used to play Ibanez back in the day...

According to Andy Sneap it's not Ibanez, Caparison, Dean, or Schecter. Wonder where he's gonna go :0
I was actually speculating Schecter because their V hellraisers have Michael Amott look overall.

Well, which of the famous brands are still in the ring?

Dismissed:
ESP
Ibanez
Caparison
Dean
Shecter

Still in:
Jackson
Gibson
BC Rich
Peavy

I would not wonder if he goes to Gibson, because he's a huge fan of Michael Schenker, who played Gibsons back then, and Michael Amott often played Gibson (white Flying V) before he endorsed ESP.

And I like Chris' Solos more, but his playing is not as unique as Michaels. Then again, Carlos Santana's playing is unique, too, but you want to throw the cd out of the window after the second song.
It's either Jackson or Gibson i suspect.

And i lol'd about Santana:lol::lol:

the phenom; nice tone, but too low tuning and a little to corish music for my taste. But the tone was real nice :p

Thanks for checking it out. Well i was in the mood for that one and looking as i already knew it. It will not please everyone but :lol: Well im probably doing a Arch Enemy cover next as i got a guitar that can be put into C tuning. Still don't know which one...:p

Parkway Drive is probably the purest metalcore there is so it's understandable some go 'ugh:ill:'

Last week obsession: how many of you guys have the Guitar Heroes album? Do you like it overall/don't like it/like it a lot/whatever? For me it's quiet good overall, but I particularly like Euge's song (Hellbilly) and Mikko's song (The Mighty Castle Of Dr. Shred), they are fucking great!

@Jose: I think I'm through, but I get the final results in three weeks. Would be coul if you really had these Vai videos :headbang:

That's great man! I hope you make it. I'll look for that Vai vids when I go back to Spain in 2 weeks and try to find them, cos I'm quite sure that I have them, but better don't let your hopes get really high in case I finally don't have it.

Yeah, well I don't use Wah pedals too often, I don't know if it's the lack of experience or simply me being lazy to plug it in, find a working cable, etc.

That's the reason why I don't use pedals, :lol:

I would still hate to have ZWs name on something in my rig

Same to me, I fucking hate him so much :lol:

Could just be that they've decided not to list him on the site anymore, there's fuckloads of ESP artists that aren't listed there. Although I just noticed that Roope is there now, when he wasnt before, awesome.

Indeed. Roope rocks :kickass:

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/artist/index.html (Which is the better website, even if it's the japanese one) still lists him.

Nah, it doesn't have Roope, so it fails :lol:

Then again, Carlos Santana's playing is unique, too, but you want to throw the cd out of the window after the second song.

:lol::lol::lol:

Ah right, I forgot them. I wanted to find cool pics of the Dime signature model and came across this review:

:lol: That guy knows how to make a review. But now serious, I once tried the Razorback with flames all over it and it sucked balls. Worst trem I've ever seen, nasty fretboard, uncomfortable to play sitting down and WEAK sound.

I tried Dean Razorback 2-tone black with silver bevels and the Explosion graphic Razorback V and those both felt cheap and nasty.....

Had these in my photobucket, thought i'd share.

autumnfull.jpg

autumnside.jpg

d8cd_12.jpg

dbf1_12.jpg

^Absolutely! :kickass:
It's surprising how Dire Straits' sound was different back then, when Knopfler hadn't changed guitar and still used the Stratocaster... I obviously love the sound they got later when he chose to play a Gibson guitar, but I think that the Fender did "suit" more to the whole Dire Straits' sound, somehow.
I dunno why, it's just that I think that theirs is some sort of an "elegant" rock, hence why I find the Stratocaster's tone and sound more... "soft"? It's like it is a lot more soothing in some songs, to me.
But anyway... I'll always love all of Dire Straits music, soooo.... blah, blah and blah, yeah. :)

I have some picture of me from the Metal Camp 2008 where we played....
11m.jpg

4m.jpg

27m.jpg

We had about 250 people...it was really great playing on the open air festival :).

And here's a fan filmed footage of one of our songs, good sound quality too:

(yes, our bassist has a de-tuned bass...he rather smoked than checked the tuning of his instrument before going on stage :rolleyes:)

We have a new drummer btw...he ROCKS! Incredible talent and we have one problem with him...he can't stay at 190-200bpm 16th notes...he prefers to play faster....and PRECISE AND TIGHT AS HELL!!!

I can't wait till we get some better footage that our friend recorded with camera....I'll upload some better footage then.

Last edited by a moderator: