Guitar Player's Thread

Don't forget they're both umosay's, I just edited it slightly. I don't want people to go thinking that I'm like "Bah that sucks I can do better". Far from it, I'm simply saying that I think it could be improved and giving suggestions with visual aid.

Hah, no problems Swabs. It was just a really quick art i did in photoshop, the logo is just basic cause, well - i'm not a good logo designer and normally when i try to make something more intricate it ends up looking shit :p I actually quite like the contrast between the green the blue/black, but yours is nice too, Swabs.

In the original image the grass was actually a lot more yellow, so i made it greener :p

@Mystique: Just a solo project atm, unfortunately. I wish i could find some decent musicians around here, but metal would hardly rate a mention here :/

@Mystique: Just a solo project atm, unfortunately. I wish i could find some decent musicians around here, but metal would hardly rate a mention here :/

well, what you're doing is still good. exposing yourself and getting your music out there will help you find the right people to play it. good luck!

"The Happy Song" reminds me of the Flaming Lips or some band like that :lol: Catchy, ha! That metal song would sound pretty badass professionally recorded, cool riff.

Your ghey computer, probably. They work fine for me!

mp3s:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/t7oi8v

Nicely done :kickass:

tattidea.jpg

Let me know what you guys think and if you have any suggestions.

I'm not into tats but the symmetry and the design is neat. Would I get it as a tat? No :p As long as you like it and are satisfied to wear it 'til you die, then far enough.

Mitch, Mick and Arcane, you should take part in that Dean Shredder Contest. I voted for the first 28 videos (out of 280) and my ears are bleeding.
I rated only two videos higher than "7" and these two don't even have backing tracks (just pure shred). With a good backing track, you'd have pretty good chances, I think (although I haven't heard the others yet).

http://www.deanguitars.com/shredder/

Cool idea for a contest but I'll pass :p (please, not being humble or any of that bullshit, but I am not an original or amazing guitarist. You at least have a different dimension to your style with jazz).

Mitch, Mick and Arcane, you should take part in that Dean Shredder Contest. I voted for the first 28 videos (out of 280) and my ears are bleeding.
I rated only two videos higher than "7" and these two don't even have backing tracks (just pure shred). With a good backing track, you'd have pretty good chances, I think (although I haven't heard the others yet).

The only guy i've seen so far that i enjoyed is this guy from the Outworld forums:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks alot for this, it was great to read! I've got a long way to go until I'm ready for a solo album but it's nice knowing there's people that would buy it if I ever did one. :p

Count me in! You're kind of my 2nd influence when it comes to guitar playing and guitar stuff in general. Alexi is my ''famous'' influence and then you're my ''of this earth'' influence, someone to whom I can talk and discuss with. Mostly because you've made me push myself quite a lot in terms of accuracy, practice and tone because when I listen to your recordings I'm like ''man I want that sound too!''. And actually I can (with loads of time) beacuse you don't record in a pro studio but in home with your computer like I do.

So yeah, count me in if you ever think of making a solo album/demo.

Now all the others can start flaming me for the ultra gay post, :lol:

Just a solo project atm, unfortunately. I wish i could find some decent musicians around here, but metal would hardly rate a mention here :/

Give it a go on the music shops and on the rehearshal places if there are some big ones in there with more rooms and many players wandering around. It's hard to get bandmates but it pays the price. Having a band is loads of fun.

I agree with you.

Could be funny but If I would, I had no idea what to play and it's demotivating to know, that you can't be under the top 20 or so...

Since I finally found a way to go to Wacken for 1 week I wonder how you practise guitar when you are on a festival camp site. I wouldn't take a guitar with me if it was only 3 days but I don't want to loose to much of the skills I trained lately.
I thought a might buy a mini marshall and take my cheapest guitar with me.

Bump

Okay: Who of you got the GP-1000 from ebay

Don't take anything to Wacken!! You won't lose your skills, but when you've seen all these bands on the big stages, you'll come home extremely inspired, trust me. It always worked for me, after Wacken, I was extremely motivated to play guitar and make it to the festival.

But this effect only occurs if you leave the guitar at home.

Also, festivals are so disgusting that you most probably will want to throw away everything you brought with you