Guitar Player's Thread

It's literally everything I look for in a guitar. I'm quite fond of Alder and Mahogany bodies, and Ash is pretty much somewhere in the middle. (This guitar is made of Ash) It's a seven string, it's got 2 humbuckers, one knob (I hate tone knobs, volume is all I want) maple fretboard, that little lump thingy on the back of the neck near the head, satin finish, double locking floyd rose original... To me, this guitar is perfect.

In two weeks I will finally be able to afford my next guitar:

loomis1.jpg

Jeff Loomis ftw

btw, I just saw Dragonforce for the second time tonight, and they were fucking excellent. I again did not hear one flaw which leads me to believe that they can in fact pull their shit live. And more better, I noticed Herman was playing my dream guitar, an Ibanez 24 fret S Series, I was in shock. So the evening rolls by, DForce was awsome, then fucking Killswitch (Whom I hate) comes on, then I say fuck this, go to the lobby, then I see Herman and Sam talking to their merch guys. I talked to Herman for a while and I asked him about the S Series, and he said it was a custom shop and Ibanez bumped him up a level on the endorsee chart. He even said there might be a production model in 6 months!!!! WOOOOH!

btw, I just saw Dragonforce for the second time tonight, and they were fucking excellent. I again did not hear one flaw which leads me to believe that they can in fact pull their shit live. And more better, I noticed Herman was playing my dream guitar, an Ibanez 24 fret S Series, I was in shock. So the evening rolls by, DForce was awsome, then fucking Killswitch (Whom I hate) comes on, then I say fuck this, go to the lobby, then I see Herman and Sam talking to their merch guys. I talked to Herman for a while and I asked him about the S Series, and he said it was a custom shop and Ibanez bumped him up a level on the endorsee chart. He even said there might be a production model in 6 months!!!! WOOOOH!

He's sloppy even when he does his instructional videos, so how can he pull it off live?

Some real guitarists should get to do instructional vids, like Jari or Muhammed :erk:

Even if he was as good as he used to be, it'd still be boring since he plays the same licks on every vid :erk:

I re-recorded it today and got it sounding A LOT better (imo) with a decent backing track (ta epi) and much better timing/tone. Mixed better too i think... the bridge could still do with some work though.

Wintersun - Sleeping Stars (Take 2)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mkmvlh

Yeah, it sounds better now, still some timing issues, and the lead tone is abit dull, but that might be because of your mic.

Maybe i could turn it up a bit in the mix, but in the actual song you can't hear the lead to well either. i still have parts to record and may re-record some parts too... but for using a shitty mic in front of my amp i'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Nice guitar MrFast ^