Guitar Player's Thread

Pђoenix;7485566 said:
Not really. Check where I did it (masking tape) like Muhammad *fanboy*

DSC00029.jpg

and imo the edge 3 is not bad at all, not sure what experiences you've had.

hmmm...cool. Well who wouldn't? Muhammed is awesome!!!

My experiences are solely on my friends RGT42. It's smooth and easy to use but it hasn't kept in tune that well.

BTW FOUND SOMETHING REALLY COOL! Now you can make all your pedals true bypass :lol:

http://www.thomann.de/fi/toadworks_true_bypass.htm?sid=11dc90320fbc4c616ebde4f1cd3a0368

hmmm...cool. Well who wouldn't? Muhammed is awesome!!!

My experiences are solely on my friends RGT42. It's smooth and easy to use but it hasn't kept in tune that well.

BTW FOUND SOMETHING REALLY COOL! Now you can make all your pedals true bypass :lol:

http://www.thomann.de/fi/toadworks_true_bypass.htm?sid=11dc90320fbc4c616ebde4f1cd3a0368
Omfg, 75 euro's ??? That is a fucking rip off man ...

You can build it yourself easily for 10 euro's.
You need 4 jacks, 1 footswitch and a enclosure.

Pђoenix;7485566 said:
Not really. Check where I did it (masking tape) like Muhammad *fanboy*

DSC00029.jpg

and imo the edge 3 is not bad at all, not sure what experiences you've had.

you've already fixed yours? how exactly did you do it? (and what's the masking tape for?)

Just padded down a vice and locked the wing into position so I could drill directly downward. Be careful though the wood was a lot softer then I initially thought. I used masking tape so I could measure and mark up a cross where I'd aim the drill, and also to prevent the paint flaking. I should really take it off now :lol:

Pђoenix;7486197 said:
Just padded down a vice and locked the wing into position so I could drill directly downward. Be careful though the wood was a lot softer then I initially thought. I used masking tape so I could measure and mark up a cross where I'd aim the drill, and also to prevent the paint flaking. I should really take it off now :lol:

Interesting. I have only seen people putting the strap knob actually under the wing above the neck. So that works aswell?

Yeah I've seen people do that to; to imitate the strap button positioning on the Jackson Warrior, so I would think that would work well. I only chose to do it the way I did because it's exactly how Muhammad has it, well, that and I was rather reluctant to drill more than I needed to.

Jeeeeez this thread is going sloooow :eek:

aw man, that's great. I actually thought we had to change both the strap lock positions. but if just changing the lower one works, then that's great news :)
Although, I'm a bit reluctant to do it myself. I should probably take it to a guitar tech.

Okay I just went on the Wiget place, or whatever it's called. I entered the chat room, and there was this kid named J.P, saying he knew CoB and stuff. I just raged and left.

I dislike little kids that think they are kings of the world. (He said he was 12.)

"Blooddrunk" guitar competition on the widget. You are challenged to upload a video of yourself playing my guitar solo from "Blooddrunk." The fine folks at ESP Guitars and Children of Bodom’s management and label will choose the grand prize winner based on technical prowess and performance skill, so make your video dead on and entertaining. The grand prize winner and a friend will fly to Los Angeles to see our show at the Wiltern on Sept 19th and play "Blooddrunk" with me and the band during our soundcheck. The winner will also go home with another prize pak like mentioned above with the addition of a Marshall Half-Stack Amp!

Source: http://www.ilike.com/artist/Children+Of+Bodom/blog/185139780

So from what I understand, both playing ability and overall entertainment level of performance are judged. Do you guys have any ideas on how to make yours interesting, other than simply kicking ass? :headbang: