Guitar Player's Thread

i covered that with the bassist and drummer from my band at the school talent show. it was sick because it was shreddin enough that people were like holy shit but at the same time it was rockin so basically everyone digged it, no matter what kind of music they liked and was accessible unlike a regular metal song. badass song.

i covered that with the bassist and drummer from my band at the school talent show. it was sick because it was shreddin enough that people were like holy shit but at the same time it was rockin so basically everyone digged it, no matter what kind of music they liked and was accessible unlike a regular metal song. badass song.

Indeed a badass song.

Paul Gilbert is coming to Denmark, so I'm gonna see him. My little sister wanted to know what he was about, and I turned on youtube and showed her Technical Difficulties. She did not like it. :OMG: I was like OMGWTFBBQBBQ :loco:.

Besides, probably today I'm gonna buy XLSC 50 watt Lee Jackson combo.

IMO Lee Jackson makes the best amps ever! The tone of Lee Jackson amp beats anything else I've heard. I've heard something nearly as good, but never just as good.

I just was to the shop with my Weeping demon and im frustrated. They tried it but didn't see anything wrong with it :erk: Then i come home,plug it in and the same damn thing is still there. When i push down the pedal about 75% of its range the sound just clips off. This is however only when in FX loop. If i put it in front of amp it just cuts the effect...not the sound. I am very confused and angry. Can't be my cables...checked those.

Man you´re too obsessed about Edge 3, and it´s not even half as bad as you think. It actually works fucking great for it´s price. Compare it to a Jackson/ESP licensed trem and you´ll see what happens. Of course it´s not an OFR or a Schaller floyd, but for such a cheap price it´s a great one.

I have playd lots of Edge 3 so i don't think it's just me "thinking" i don't generally like ANY Licensed floyd rose :lol:

Man you´re too obsessed about Edge 3, and it´s not even half as bad as you think. It actually works fucking great for it´s price. Compare it to a Jackson/ESP licensed trem and you´ll see what happens. Of course it´s not an OFR or a Schaller floyd, but for such a cheap price it´s a great one.

Welcome back, Jose! Properly, this time.

I just was to the shop with my Weeping demon and im frustrated. They tried it but didn't see anything wrong with it :erk: Then i come home,plug it in and the same damn thing is still there. When i push down the pedal about 75% of its range the sound just clips off. This is however only when in FX loop. If i put it in front of amp it just cuts the effect...not the sound. I am very confused and angry. Can't be my cables...checked those.

you shoujldnt have wah's in fx loops, use it infront of the input

So glad I'm not using any kinds of pedals anymore, except my POD for recording stuff. Guitar directly into amp works excelent.

Can i have help with how the fuck to use Reaper- midi backing exported from GP doesnt play back and there is horrible lag between me playing a note, and hearing it- helps?!

┼Victim of the Night┼;7491049 said:
Welcome back, Jose! Properly, this time.

Thanks a lot Eli! And yeah, I´m finally back ''in full shape'' which means me+guitar+computer+internet so I can play and record and all that stuff. But I miss Ireland :cry::cry::cry:

:lol: Thanks for your welcome Eli!

Yeah dude, welcome back. How does it feel to finally have sound again?

I know how it feels, since I was away from the internet for over a month during last Christmas. Horrible times. :cry:

Yeah, I remember your time off. This thread and the tab thread almost died, :lol:

Indeed it feels fucking great getting the sound back and being able to listen to the interviews, record, and all the usual stuff that you don't miss until you loose it. So even though I miss Ireland a fucking huge lot I'm glad that I'm back on the side of guitar and computer. I'll catch up with you in the Cover Thread in a week or so, just give me a bit of time and we'll give that thread life again.

BTW, even though I'm fucking late, really nice job with the Jam, especially you. Your solo is just so fucking great.

Take your time with the cover thread, there's no rush! Even I had alot of catching up to do and I managed to do it all when I took it at my own pace. Now Tim has given us another three to do so there's even more work, haha. I'm working on Banned From Heaven now though.

And thanks for the comment regarding the jam, I must say it's probably one of my faves that I've done for the forum jams so far and when I was coming up with ideas to play, I was hating everything I did, so it's suprising to see how it turned out. Can't wait for the next one!!

Same here, maybe we should start recruiting players in a week or two? Not sooner, because if we rush we know what happens :lol:

For the cover thread I'll go first for the D standard songs and then I'll go for the drop C songs, so I don't have to be changing tunings every day. I aim to get everything done by next week.

Yeah, rushing things definitely ain't good! I usually just wait until the other start to mention it and then sort it out. I'm suprised Conti didn't show up for the last one, his contricutions are great.

And I understand about the tuning thing, it's alright for me since I always record my rhythm parts with my Warlock which has a better rhythm tone and has a fixed bridge, and then all leads with the Jackson which feels better up on the higher frets and has the floating bridge for whammy stuff.

I know about Conti yeah. I told him, but he was too busy with uni stuff. At least he found time to get in this one, and yeah, he always makes good contributions so it's nice to have him in the Jams.

Tuning won't be a problem again for me in a week or so if nothing wrong happens, cos I'm getting the Edwards Scythe model and I'll keep one guitar in D standard and the other one in drop C, but yeah, having a fixed bridge guitar is really handy for that stuff. But you end up missing the whammy bar a lot, which is what happened to me in Ireland, cos the guitar that I had there from the host family didn't have floating bridge, so I ended a bit tired of the fixed bridge. But if you have a floating bridge equiped guitar for guitarwanking and then a fixed bridge one then it's relaly handy.

I go back to college in less than 3 weeks. I am going to have my own room this time so I wont have creepy faggo weird roomates that get mad at me for playing guitar but watch american idol on vhs tapes until 4am (yup that really was the case last year).

I'm probably going to end up bringing my peavy classic combo for now instead of all my rack stuff, I will miss it though :(
I can't wait because being there i will have TONS of free time to get my new metal band rolling, and keep my singer on track practicing the songs :lol:

turns out that whole thrash band thing wasn't working out, the whole situation was bad. SO instead I joined my friend's heavy prog (I hate using the word prog) band. More details will soon follow.