Guitar Player's Thread

Doesn't "matter", it's just purely cosmetic, I think it makes a guitar look more "finished".

My warmoth parts finally arrived!

Strat body, alder

Strat neck, maple, fretboard=maple and then steel frets that are really high to give the almost scalloped feel :)

Neck pickup (humbucker)=Dimarzio Evolution (the perfect neck pickup. Nicest tone for neck. I prefer something else in the bridge though, more Screamin Demonish or whatever)

Bridge pickup (humbucker)=Stan Hinesley Hellion handmade pickup - wich has yet to come, but as far as reviews and soundclips goes - and by talking to him over mail - it's gonna kickass - especially together with my new Lee Jackson amp.

I gotta say, they are of the nicest build quality ever.

The whole swamp Caparison finish thing wasn't very cheap though (I would need 3 colors, and they would cost as much as the guitar parts themselves!). I'm gonna paint it with 2 component paint (dark blue) used for boats, that is like shiny :p.

Then I'm gonna ad my "Pearnut" wich is a Pear in fluorescent yellow with letters that say NUT in neon green. The 80s all over.

6 of those (think of the first Caparison Applehorn models, but with different colors :p -
shoot1.JPG
) - the guitar used in this picture

and they'll be made as stickers (real pro stuff, I've used before) and then some clearcoat over them.

Same thing goes for the headstock, wich is a Ibanez like headstock logo, but the stripe in bright blue and the "Warmoth" lettering (another font than normal) in neon green.

And now for the tackyness - gold hardware :rofl:.
It's gonna be awesome.

Also then that neck is gonna be finished with acryl 2-component lacquer. And some clearcoat over the sticker.

Might do a kisekai version. Also will of course post pictures of the finished things.

A little messy message, but anyone won't read it anyways so.. :p

Jeff Loomis seems to have got himself a new guitar

Schecter 7 string flying V? I WANT IT!

Last edited by a moderator: