Guitar Player's Thread

My tone isn't thin at all, it's the camera mic and my fucking practice amp. Not all of us have 10000000000 watt mega stacks in their room.

Even if my tone sounds thin on the vids, it's sure as hell better sounding than that garbage. Someone shoot the cunt and give the preamp to someone who can play, too.

Could be! But i didn't know that. I'd like to hear what you could do with a proper camera though. And if that 10000000000 watt mega stacks in their room thing was pointed at me i have a 50 watt head with a shitty behringer :lol: Not so good. It does do the work on band practice though but since the band is on a break im forced to have it in my room (oh gawd no!).

Also i did only listen to it once because i found his playing unbearable.:lol: It's just that so far i don't really see the big fuzz about the Gp-1000. Sure they have a very clear and rich tone but i don't see them being that great :p

Well it's down to personal preference. I hate the over distorted sound of some bands and the GP-1000 has the clarity and natural dryness and that lovely "awww" sound when you palm mute hard, like in the riff in Sinergy's "Wake Up In Hell".

And to anyone taking part in the jam, check out all the BT's posted so far, lets get some feedback in here!

My tone isn't thin at all, it's the camera mic and my fucking practice amp. Not all of us have 10000000000 watt mega stacks in their room.

Even if my tone sounds thin on the vids, it's sure as hell better sounding than that garbage. Someone shoot the cunt and give the preamp to someone who can play, too.

thank you :worship:notworthy:worship:notworthy:worship:

Check out these. Full video lesson of Alexi's Reap and Roll licks. Back when Alexi was an ace...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehe, I thought so too about my Jackson RX10D, then about my Jackson Stars RR-J2SP, then Jackson Stars Custom Shop RR,....guess what? I sold them all :D.

Did you get your preamp already?
I got it finally today!
I set it to Alexi's settings,except the midshift is at 2.It sounds kind of muffled though,maybe its the speaker I'm using?

I sanyone here with Windows fucking Vista? I've bought a new Notebook but now I have the problem that I can't record sth. when I go directly into my soundcard cause I can't hear anything when I plug my cable in it. I can record stuff with f.ex. adobe audition but can't hear me playing and when I press play after recording it sounds totally crap cause all you can hear is big noise... Anyone here who can help?

I use vista, and haven't had that problem. I reckon the reason your getting feedback is because you most probably have your notebook plugged in the mains. This signal interfers with audio signals fdue to grounding/sheilding etc.. Try unpluging your power adaptor to your laptop.

I sanyone here with Windows fucking Vista? I've bought a new Notebook but now I have the problem that I can't record sth. when I go directly into my soundcard cause I can't hear anything when I plug my cable in it. I can record stuff with f.ex. adobe audition but can't hear me playing and when I press play after recording it sounds totally crap cause all you can hear is big noise... Anyone here who can help?

I had that problem, I was recording with a toneport but I think this might work:
I don't got audition with me here, but go to
Edit -> than down the list something with audio hardware setup, something like that.
In that window there were three options, and in every option a possibility to select a soundcard, which I set onto the toneport, but there was also an auditionsoundcard(?) and a windows one. Try doing one of those. When selected and saved, I wasn't able to arm a track for recording but this should be fixed by closing and opening audition again.

Hope this helped.

NO IM NOT BEING AN IDIOT IM JST TRYING TO GET OPINIONS GOD,ITS NOT LIKE I HAVE BOTH AT MY DISPOSAL TO FIGURE OUT WHICH IS BETTER,cause ive heard the GP1000 is not as versitile as the ADA MP-1

:lol::lol: Are your fucking ears broken??? I can get a better tone than that with my fucking practice amp, haha!!!! :lol: You're even saying it's better than Suicide By My Side? lawl.

I thought it was pretty good, not sure if it'd be too easy to solo over though, unless it was a quick 15 second thing.

That, to me, sounds very awkward. I don't think this sound would attract many players. Also, what I wrote above applies to this too, in my opinion, of course.

It's not bad. It's a possibility if nothing better comes up.

Personally, I like solos that are more simple that focus on the lead itself, not playing loads of notes over a riff that has 9 different notes and makes it difficult to play over because too many notes clash.

I was listening to the backing track for the LARRY CARLTON thing that Guthrie Govan solos over and thought it sounds kinda cool. Just because he's using loads of crazy ideas, doesnt' mean we would all have to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUZK9dasP8s

Here's a .rar files of BT's that I think would be suitable:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/7f35di

I can write chords for each BT if anyone wants to try and have a go over an of them. I think 03 or 04 would be really great.

I can't hear them atm, but I'd like a slow one, to be able to go crazy if you want but be able to go melodic and with feeling if you want too.

Can I have it? :D