Guitar Player's Thread

Lowberggg,

Did you download that Revalver MKIII or buy? What do you need to hook it up to your pc? Like I'm not sure what sound card to get and how good of a pc you need. It's something I really wanna try because I've seen a few youtube vids and was highly impressed with the kind of tone you can get out of it. Probably the best modelling tone I've ever heard. And I'm really dissatisfied with my Behringer VAMP2 atm.

I have, own, Revalver MKIII, bought it at the release and i couldn't be more happy with it.

To hook it up to the PC, i use this setup, more or less:

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Audiophile2496.html
A really good sound card, i recommend it. I had troubles with it till i got my new computer, so lesson is, dont try to use it on a 10 year old computer :lol:
The thing with this, and mostly all cards of studio-esque quality, is that it has no internal preamp, which is why i need this aswell:

http://www.behringer.com/MIC100/?lang=ENG
Despite behringers generally bad reputation, this one isn't bad at all, ive had no problems with it and it works great, and its dirt cheap too!

plug my guitar into the behringer, take a jack to phono plug from the behringer to the sound card(left channel). It will then be "only left channel", but your guitar isn't a stereo instrument, and reaper or any other recording thing(i think), will "center" the signal again.

To beef up my tone abit, and control it better, i have a DS2 between my guitar and the behringer preamp.

Thats that really

Mehhh, I need a new pc. My motherboard doesn't have PCI-express so I don't think that sound card is gonna work :(. I got this PC just as PCI-express started taking over, this is quite a while ago like 5 years ago. I wish I knew more about PC's back then >.>

Oh and Muffin, got any clips I can have a listen to? Pref some high gain/shred type ones.

Okay I asked my mom. It's not gregorian since it's polyphonic.

it's more renaissance. she didnt know the composer but it's a bit like di Lasso or Palestrina.

Aah yeah, Thanks a lot! I'm gonna check out both :) Thank you!

Mehhh, I need a new pc. My motherboard is a non-PCI express one so I don't think that sound card is gonna work :(. I got this PC just as PCI express started taking over, this is quite a while ago like 5 years ago. I wish I knew more about PC's back then >.>

Oh and Muffin, got any clips I can have a listen to? Pref some high gain/shred type ones.

Yeah mine was a non Pci-E aswell.. And my new computer blows it out of the water :lol:

And sorry i don't have any clips at the moment :(

Tony MacAlpline on MaximumThreshold.net

Want to talk with Tony? You can do so this Weds night at 7pm 10/1 at http://maximumthreshold.net by logging into the chatroom. You will have to be registered on the site first.

The program is called Rock Dogs. Which features artists and their new music.

This Weds will feature Devil's Slingshot

de52_20.JPG

RG 770DX, it's in my city too.

$1000 though...

Where's the maple at? :(

I studied medieval music last year, and I was thinking Hildegard could also be the composer. (Hildegard of Bingen)

I dunno, i listened to her and read up on her on wiki, and she's noted as a Monophonic composer, and the thing i posted was polyphonic in its essence, haha.. Also she seems(atleast from the clips i heard) to only write for women, and there's a lot of male voices in the one i posted, but thanks anyways =)

I dunno, i listened to her and read up on her on wiki, and she's noted as a Monophonic composer, and the thing i posted was polyphonic in its essence, haha.. Also she seems(atleast from the clips i heard) to only write for women, and there's a lot of male voices in the one i posted, but thanks anyways =)

hmmm that's weird. cuz I know she wrote oratorios and pieces with a few different women voices, sometimes with a male's voice in there which represented evil for his sins or something. anyway, I love this kind of stuff, no matter how religious the composer's intentions were. The Gregorian chants are really lovely too.

Well my cheap RR24 came in today. It was a blem'd floor model that sat in the very back of some boutique place in Houston Tx. It was probably the most hated guitar there. haha.

DSC01520.jpg

And this is why it was like $800 off-

DSC01524.jpg

Time to pick up some paint stripper and get started on my refinishing project. (natural maple veneer flame top or some weird greenish/blue/yellow burst sorta thing quilted top)