Guitar Player's Thread

Agreed, maybe slightly, only listenable for the picky and the guys who believe in things like god.

But I think that the re-sell value will in fact be totally ruined.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm using that all the time now.

I want to put a single coil in the neck on the RR24. Single coils are awesome for non-metal applications.

Paul Gilbert tomorrow! :eek:

It's his first visit to Sweden since the Mr. Big days, so i'm psyched! :D

So I sorta don't want another blue quilt top.

Maybe a see thru red on a flame top?
Yeah, forget the blue then. Go for the red. It would look hot on a V.

Agreed, maybe slightly, only listenable for the picky and the guys who believe in things like god.

this is one of the best quotes ever :lol::lol::lol:

amon amarth/ensif tomorrow

:kickass::headbang::kickass::headbang::kickass::headbang:

have fun guys! I'm off to see Rancid tomorrow :kickass:

yea i hate intonating its a task for someone whos patient well the guy at the guitar shop with abit of money haha

and why not a get an MM-04 cause they say the PA-2 isnt really that great

and does the blackout sound great on the GP-1000 ??

Yeah, it's a bit off.

It just takes so long so I've put it off for a while now.

I'm going to order the PA-2 tonight.

Duuudeeee... Don't, it's like having an extra gain knob, just on your guitar:zombie:

And you have the blackout I see, it would sound like digested lasagna coming out of a drunk homeless person with aids:zombie:

god what...???LOL then how would a MM-04 sound with a blackout ??

having a gainbooster with an active pickup is just plain stupid. I have the blackout, and when running through my half stack, it's plenty of gain.

the blackout runs significantly hotter than most of the other pickups on the market, including the emg 81. adding gain on top of that is pretty much overkill

Mm, some guy on this forum has it. I'm not sure, but i believe it was Arcane.

yea actually when you say that i just spoke with him about his rig.My forgetfulness,hes had it all before,PA-2,J-50BC and a blackout,and if im right he says and ive heard that the Blackout and MM-04 are pretty alright

Cool, I saw him last Saturday and it was really great. Only the crowd was boring, they didn't seem to know any of PG's songs while I was singing along his solo lines (well, as long as it was no shred), so the typical energetic feeling like on metal concerts was never there.

And I don't like that he doesn't play the TD solo like on the record :p .

Post #2222 :)

purely technical, i could see a use for a MM-04 + Blackout, if you turn the gain pot down fully, and just use the EQ parts of it. Wouldn't do it myself though