Guitar Player's Thread

but seymour duncan blackouts have the same quickconnects as the EMG-HZ right,cause if not all i have to do is jsut change it in,but i was wondering,i have a battery potbut the EMG-HZ doesnt use the battery right??so does the MM-04 use the battery??

The MM-04 uses a battery yes

EMG-HZ is a passive pickup so it doesn't require battery.

I doubt that the blackouts have the same quickconnect system since i read that EMG have copyrighted it and would probably sue the arse off anyone trying to take a part of their market, but i don't know for sure, tbh, if you know a little electricity wiring it shouldnt be hard to make any pickup to fit that system, as i believe its a pretty standard plug system

I also saw some forum complaining about the problem with the volume pots when switching from EMG to Seymour Duncan. It was something like the value was too low on the EMG equipped guitars volumepots so the Blackout sounded muddy and thin. I dunno...just remember something like that.

I actually don't know that but people who tried just putting the pickup with the old pot have said it wasn't such a good match. I wouldn't think it ships with a new pot? Maybe it does?

EDIT: Silly me! Ofcourse they do...but atleast then we know Blackouts WON'T work with EMG pots...

yea i hate intonating its a task for someone whos patient well the guy at the guitar shop with abit of money haha

and why not a get an MM-04 cause they say the PA-2 isnt really that great

and does the blackout sound great on the GP-1000 ??

If you tell me where I can buy an MM04 I'll be all over it. :lol:

The PA-2 is simply a clean boost. And yes, I prefer the blackout much more over the 81. It has a bigger bottom end much like the 85 or something.

Duuudeeee... Don't, it's like having an extra gain knob, just on your guitar:zombie:

And you have the blackout I see, it would sound like digested lasagna coming out of a drunk homeless person with aids:zombie:

I already run a clean boost in front of the Gp1000, even with the blackout it's not there yet, just need a little bit more drive. I'll just be having less stuff between the guitar and cab.

having a gainbooster with an active pickup is just plain stupid. I have the blackout, and when running through my half stack, it's plenty of gain.

the blackout runs significantly hotter than most of the other pickups on the market, including the emg 81. adding gain on top of that is pretty much overkill

And people still boost amps with actives.

but seymour duncan blackouts have the same quickconnects as the EMG-HZ right,cause if not all i have to do is jsut change it in,but i was wondering,i have a battery potbut the EMG-HZ doesnt use the battery right??so does the MM-04 use the battery??

Blackouts have quick connects and yes, the MM04 uses a battery.

We'll, you'd think that people changed to the new pots regardless :lol: New shit is win, it makes my world go around... :lol:...

But its probably a value mismatch, emg's are what, 25k? I'd check mine, if i hadnt filled the cavity with foam and taped it shut.. *whistles*

The MM-04 uses a battery yes

EMG-HZ is a passive pickup so it doesn't require battery.

I doubt that the blackouts have the same quickconnect system since i read that EMG have copyrighted it and would probably sue the arse off anyone trying to take a part of their market, but i don't know for sure, tbh, if you know a little electricity wiring it shouldnt be hard to make any pickup to fit that system, as i believe its a pretty standard plug system

Blackouts were made to clip right into an EMG harness.

I actually don't know that but people who tried just putting the pickup with the old pot have said it wasn't such a good match. I wouldn't think it ships with a new pot? Maybe it does?

EDIT: Silly me! Ofcourse they do...but atleast then we know Blackouts WON'T work with EMG pots...

^

Brb, going to play my blackout through the stock EMG harness. :lol:

Aka it works fine.

We'll, you'd think that people changed to the new pots regardless :lol: New shit is win, it makes my world go around... :lol:...

But its probably a value mismatch, emg's are what, 25k? I'd check mine, if i hadnt filled the cavity with foam and taped it shut.. *whistles*

Actives are typically 25k. The pots came with my blackouts; 25k.

To players with the Jackson rr24, Jose or Matias or anyone, are there any issues with this guitar? Problems with the neck, frets, pickup...anything? How is the action? etc etc

I might want to give this guitar a try. Last time I had a V I didn't get used to /didn't have the patience to get used to the shape and sold it. I've seen some reviews on harmony-central; some are good while others complain about everything.

To players with the Jackson rr24, Jose or Matias or anyone, are there any issues with this guitar? Problems with the neck, frets, pickup...anything? How is the action? etc etc

I might want to give this guitar a try. Last time I had a V I didn't get used to /didn't have the patience to get used to the shape and sold it. I've seen some reviews on harmony-central; some are good while others complain about everything.

Nope. No problem yet...plays great and holds tune. It has a fast neck and the action can go very low if you want to. I prefer medium or high though for some reason. The pickup is a hate or love thing, i like it very much although it CAN generate some noise. Also the guitar is very bright sounding. Hope that helps! And yes the floyd rose is NOT a original. It's a FRT-O2000. Has worked like a glove to this point.

I'm off to see Paul gilbert now!!!

2899432225_fd1d300667_o.jpg

wow i didnt know it came with new pots,id definatly switch em out if i was given it,but man the SD blackout 1 9V if a AHB-2 thats 2 9V then the other 9V for the MM-04 where can i put all of those batts ??? :loco:

ohh and have fun inhe :)

wow i didnt know it came with new pots,id definatly switch em out if i was given it,but man the SD blackout 1 9V if a AHB-2 thats 2 9V then the other 9V for the MM-04 where can i put all of those batts ??? :loco:

ohh and have fun inhe :)

You don't need another 9v if you already have actives.

Where can one buy an mm04? I've searched and I just get a bunch of nothing.

umm i guess Musamaailma or however its spelt if they still sell it but the guys at bmusic australia are really good
just ask for shane if theres anything,heres the link:
http://www.bmusic.com.au/prod4887.htm

maybe you can help me im lookin for gold gotoh tuners,i cant get them from shane or anyone here,theres nothin on eebay....so any ideas ??

and well i have an EMG-HZ but thats a passive,the guitar has one 9V battery pot which is most likely for the MM-04 but besides that,it means i have to find a place for another 9V battery???

I love my RR24 its great!

Nope. No problem yet...plays great and holds tune. It has a fast neck and the action can go very low if you want to. I prefer medium or high though for some reason. The pickup is a hate or love thing, i like it very much although it CAN generate some noise. Also the guitar is very bright sounding. Hope that helps! And yes the floyd rose is NOT a original. It's a FRT-O2000. Has worked like a glove to this point.

Thanks! :) I'll consider it.

To whoever, don't waste your money on a PA-2.

Unless someone will sell me a JE-1200 and I'll sell my PA-2, I don't want it.

umm i guess Musamaailma or however its spelt if they still sell it but the guys at bmusic australia are really good
just ask for shane if theres anything,heres the link:
http://www.bmusic.com.au/prod4887.htm

maybe you can help me im lookin for gold gotoh tuners,i cant get them from shane or anyone here,theres nothin on eebay....so any ideas ??

and well i have an EMG-HZ but thats a passive,the guitar has one 9V battery pot which is most likely for the MM-04 but besides that,it means i have to find a place for another 9V battery???

150 bucks. I'll pass.

http://www.guitarpartsdepot.com/Guitar_Tuners-Gotoh_6_in_line_Tuners.html