Guitar Player's Thread

damn, that's a sweet price! I would've bought it for that price even if I had no plans to repair that chipped wing; it's not like it would affect the playability so no big deal for $500.

damn, that's a sweet price! I would've bought it for that price even if I had no plans to repair that chipped wing; it's not like it would affect the playability so no big deal for $500.

Yeah but I want something a bit different then most people. Even though the RR is pretty unique on it's own I feel like I need to make it 'mine'.

I can't wait to get the 81 out of it and the blackout in.

Oiled neck, polished frets and a EMG PA-1 is also on the list. It'll sorta be like this but with blackhardware-

jackson usa 2008 custom shop select rr-1 rhoads natural left handed 6-str1ing electric guitar copy.jpg

2911107a.jpg

very nice. I've never liked gold hardware, so I'm glad you're leaving the black. and my vote goes for the more "weird greenish/blue/yellow burst sorta thing quilted top"...actually, I think a blood red would look really hot. you're not putting on a pickguard tho, are you?

Hey Mike!! You're member of guitariste.com aren't you? It's been a while since you posted pictures of that awesome Jackson Stars, if I'm right. It's yours, isn't it?

jackso10.jpg

jackso11.jpg

jackso13.jpg

If it's you, feel free to sign up on the Jackson Addict Forum (French - Loads of great guitars over there!)

very nice. I've never liked gold hardware, so I'm glad you're leaving the black. and my vote goes for the more "weird greenish/blue/yellow burst sorta thing quilted top"...actually, I think a blood red would look really hot. you're not putting on a pickguard tho, are you?

Now you got me thinking again after I spent 2 years thinking about the natural flame top. :lol:

Here's the weird greenish/blue/yellow thing, I've seen a few of them but here's the only one I could find.

And a few other ideas-

:)Puke: gold hardware on teal)

But here's my main for the past 5 years-

So I sorta don't want another blue quilt top.

Maybe a see thru red on a flame top?

And there's a story behind why my guitar is missing all the other shit.

Pickup selector broke a while back, volume knob died so I used the tone knob, then I sold the Evo/Paf that was in it for a blackout which will just go into the RR.

:lol:

It's not like I ever used the tone knob or neck pickup.

Never really understood why people never use the neck pickup, it's a little more trebley and for riffing it's sooooooo much better than the bridge.

Never really understood why people never use the neck pickup, it's a little more trebley and for riffing it's sooooooo much better than the bridge.

wat

The neck pickup has more high mids and less treble. Obviously, depending on the pickup, but that's the general rule.

That's why many people use high treble pickups in the neck position to not get that muddy sound.

The neck pickup is never more trebly if you don't have a weird pickup set up in your guitar. That's why every serious guitar player coughs when youtube shredders toggle to the neck pickup right before they play sweeps (cheating).

The bridge is clearer with more treble. That's why probably every guitarist in the world uses it for hard riffing.

I highly doubt that removing a piece of wood that most guitars (ie: two pickup guitars) don't have anyway will effect the sound at all.