Guitar Player's Thread

really? how does it work then?

noob moment: where does it draw it's power from?

It's not true bypass. SO it stay on ALL the time. When it's up, more treble, when it's down, more bass. And it draw power from a 9V. I switch it up to play lead and down for rhythm.

mother fuckers, i tried to drink the cheapest shitty vooodka possible and play The Trooper on bass at the same time but i didndt swollow the voodka quick enough and i sprayed it everywhere its good tha t i goot it on camera though il try to up load the video for teh lulz tomorow

It's not true bypass. SO it stay on ALL the time. When it's up, more treble, when it's down, more bass. And it draw power from a 9V. I switch it up to play lead and down for rhythm.

so, when using it with the blackouts, he probably jsut took the battery out.

bed of razors or SNBN. Where's the problem when he plays them even sloppy and slowy as long he has fun?

SNBN is -not- an easy song wtf :lol:

and nothing, really. I believe when you first start out, it's all about maximizing that enthusiasm. however, at some point, he'll have to start funneling his enthusiasm into a disciplined practice schedule if he wants to improve. but i agree with you.

SNBN is -not- an easy song wtf :lol:

and nothing, really. I believe when you first start out, it's all about maximizing that enthusiasm. however, at some point, he'll have to start funneling his enthusiasm into a disciplined practice schedule if he wants to improve. but i agree with you.

SNBN is pretty easy man:headbang:

It seems all so difficult to me though... but well, maybe that's 'cause I can't play anything.

Anyway, whether a song is easy to play or not, and if it's played nicely and all, then it's still very appreciable/enjoyable to hear, in my opinion. Things we can like don't necessarily have to be too difficult, no? :)

I'm off to see Paul gilbert now!!!

2899432225_fd1d300667_o.jpg
I'm off to see Amon Amarth/Ensif now!!!
Amon_Amarth-Johan_Hegg-1144.jpg

lindroos1.jpg
:lol:!

Let's make it the official "going-to-see-a-band" template :p

I'm off to see Dragonforce now!!!

24g2gjc.jpg

awesome :cool:

On another note,

This is a tour of MAB's studio, some cool stuff. But he's kind of weird :lol: The ending is just "wat?"

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont get children of bodoms fingering movvement,it seem complicated but i so wanna learn the song i just dont want to learn it wrongly,any light on my situation ??

Thanks dude!

AYDY has my favorite rythm and lead tones of any cob recording, they just sound full and "middy" to me.

Really? I mean, they're not bad, but dunno. Anyway, I forgot that the worst COB tone ever is TMR's first recording (at least for me). So damn weak and low.

Thanks Jose. :)

No problem dude.

Indeed I do. I think it sounds like a mess. Some other bands might have even worse tone, doesn't make it better.

I think that kinda scoopy EMG tone is everything a guitar tone shouldn't be. I can see it's got some heavyness, and for some bands might fit (the EMG'y tone) but for lead playing, and for complex playing like in CoB I really hate it.

Actually, that tone is why I don't listen to Blooddrunk much. There's some brilliant moments on there, but the tone sounds like the tone of a crappy demo recorded in a basement, not a pro studio recording.

I mean, is it a overly distorted bass, noise or is it guitar? (I might be overexagerating, but still)

Please keep in mind that this is all my opinion. You might think something else, and I'll totally respect that.

Wow, you seem to hate it quite a lot :lol: It may be a bit overdistorted, but I think the overall sound is far from a demo sound :lol:

naw, this is wrong. Alexi had the EMG + MM04 in there originally, and he later had the EMG swapped out, but there was really no need to remove the gainbooster as well, because all he has to do is just switch it off. this new sawtooth has the hole drilled in just in case he decides he wants the MM-04 again, but he didn't use a gainbooster with it (as it wasn't even installed), nor did he with his pink sawtooth

EDIT: he apparently switched to the HZ-H2, although does anyone know when/why? :p

In his new Sawtooth and Scythe he had the booster holes empty, but in his Pink Sawtooth he had the MM04 there even when he had the blackouts man. I don't know how it worked or if he used it to boost the KK head instead of the beast or WTF he did, but it was there and the MM04 can't be switched off.

mother fuckers, i tried to drink the cheapest shitty vooodka possible and play The Trooper on bass at the same time but i didndt swollow the voodka quick enough and i sprayed it everywhere its good tha t i goot it on camera though il try to up load the video for teh lulz tomorow

:lol: How much was that vodka? Here in my town we have a really cheapass vodka for 4'25€ and I can tell you that is fucking awful to drink straight :lol: But when you start mixing you don't really notice it, and even more when you start to get drunk :lol:

BTW yesterday I tried a vodka called Finlandia and it had good taste, but it was so fucking hard. I'm glad I didn't have a lot of those, because if I had this moring I wouldn't have been able to take a single note at uni :lol:

Really? I mean, the chord progression and the fingerings aren't that hard, but the picking speed is not exactly easy for a beginer IMO.

Angels don't kill, children of bodom and punch me i bleed (all without the solo's)
actually a lot of songs are easy without solo's

Children Of Bodom? I can't play that intro riff myself now :ill:

when compared with bed of razors, which has no sixteenth notes? :lol: or downfall, which, aside from the solo, is also a pretty straightforward verse riff. i'm not going to sit here and act like some l33t player and just call everything easy :p.

easy is something like AYDY, LDB, or IYF. ;)

@ChildrenofCOB: But he didn't use the BOOSTER part with active pu's. that would sound so AWFUL.