Guitar Player's Thread

Lowberg, are you going to sell that future album? It fucking rocks!!

Thanks Man! Yeah that is the plan! I'm tired of fucking around in shitty bands with people who aren't willing to give it their all, and there are ALOT of people in western NY that are awaiting the revival of my older band (which isn't going to happen) so they are anxious for my new band as a replacement for that old one. So I'm writing/recording a self released album for a "new band" that I don't have a name for yet and then that way I can find people who actually WANT to play this music to join me. I already have a really good drummer so I just have to find another guitarist, bassist, and keyboardist which shouldn't be incredibly hard (maybe the keys).

I'll keep you guys updated of course!

I think I heard addictive drums

What you heard is pure sex!

i started writing/recording this new song and i added this synth lead part to the beginning riff and now it sounds like 80's dance music hahahaa
I don't know if the keyboards are an awesome idea or super ridiculous sounding lol

here, i hope you feel more retarded after hearing this, or want to dance
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6950063

This is really fucking cool. Everything including composition, guitar tone & drums are all great.

I'm gonna try and download this Addictive Drums now since it's the best drum thing I've heard.

For guitars, are you using impulses? Or is that your raw tone?

Addictive drums is cool but you have to tweak a lot of stuff, but luckily all the EQs and compressors are part of the plug-in so it just takes time to mess around with it. But its awesome because I think it's super versital.

Check out what this guy did with it
http://alltheliving.googlepages.com/adpresetdemo.mp3

Guitars were was using the podxt as a preamp without cab modeling and then using cab impulses afterwards.
I just got a free plug-in for impulses that has zero latency so you can monitor while you play and its really awesome, Im going to have to bring up the GP1000 to school this weekend and mess around with that!

Thanks guys!, glad you are digging my ideas. I was reluctant to put synth in my music because i know I am never going to find a metal keyboard player over in New York hahaha, but I'm going to keep the keyboard part in there, a lot of my songs are going to have just like ambient keyboard and maybe some soft synth strings, But i think I'm going to keep that part in there as like an intro and like to connect the choruses to the verse. there wont be any singing over that probably lol

If you're not going to have vocals over that then I strongly recommend leaving it there, I really liked it. Count me in on the pre-sale list for that album too man, so far the suff you've show us rocks :kickass:

Addictive drums is cool but you have to tweak a lot of stuff, but luckily all the EQs and compressors are part of the plug-in so it just takes time to mess around with it. But its awesome because I think it's super versital.

Check out what this guy did with it
http://alltheliving.googlepages.com/adpresetdemo.mp3

Guitars were was using the podxt as a preamp without cab modeling and then using cab impulses afterwards.
I just got a free plug-in for impulses that has zero latency so you can monitor while you play and its really awesome, Im going to have to bring up the GP1000 to school this weekend and mess around with that!

Holy crap, that is incredible!! That's what makes me wanna get all this stuff...it's when I open the programs that I shit myself and delete it all. :lol:

I'll give it a shot, though.

only thing that REALLY sucks about Addictive drums is that its not general midi, so like if you export guitarpro drums as a midi file and open it in your recording software and apply addictive drums to it, the midi notes don't correspond to the same drums. so you either have to move all the notes or just program it in your recording software which is what I do. Thats the only thing I really liked about EZdrummer is that you could load a guitar pro midi file for drums and it was all set up to play the correct drums and stuff.

only thing that REALLY sucks about Addictive drums is that its not general midi, so like if you export guitarpro drums as a midi file and open it in your recording software and apply addictive drums to it, the midi notes don't correspond to the same drums. so you either have to move all the notes or just program it in your recording software which is what I do. Thats the only thing I really liked about EZdrummer is that you could load a guitar pro midi file for drums and it was all set up to play the correct drums and stuff.

Agree with both, I'd kill myself if I had paid for EZ, the sound sucks balls
Another thing I don't like about AD is that there are only 4 tomslots and 3 cymbal slots, 6 and at least 4 cymbals would kick ass

I haven't used Addictive Drums so far, but I'm pretty sure that you can change the drum map. You could fuck around with it until you have the same positions for the samples like in the GM map.

AD sounds very sexy... EzDrummer is cool too, but the Pop and Funk samples sound way better that the metal samples. And don't forget that the Expansion Packs for EzDrummer include many standard grooves you only have to tweak a bit.

EDIT: Wow, someone must have been really busy deleting all the DDL links...

I've got a MIDImapper that fixes AD > GM issues (+ many more like AD > DFHS or something)

I can upload it if anyone wants it.

This is really fucking cool. Everything including composition, guitar tone & drums are all great.

I'm gonna try and download this Addictive Drums now since it's the best drum thing I've heard.

For guitars, are you using impulses? Or is that your raw tone?

Have you tried EZ Drummer? I think that program sounds fuckin great too.

EDIT: Oh well Corny still mentioned it. So did others. My bands drummer gets some great sounds to his recordings with it.(he also plays guitar)

Have you tried EZ Drummer? I think that program sounds fuckin great too.

EDIT: Oh well Corny still mentioned it. So did others. My bands drummer gets some great sounds to his recordings with it.(he also plays guitar)

I can't get the fucking thing to work. I've tried downloading DKFH and EZ Drummer a million times and nothing ever happens. It pisses me off.

I can probably help you mitch,

First off,

What recording program are you using? Some recording programs don't support VST plugins (like EZ and A.D)

And if it does support VST plugins, its just probably like one tiny signal flow setting you need to change for it to work.

I can't get the fucking thing to work. I've tried downloading DKFH and EZ Drummer a million times and nothing ever happens. It pisses me off.

Hmm yeah. Could be compatibility issues? A friend of mine uses it all the time and transfers patterns and samples directly to his recording program Cakewalk Sonar Producer edition(atleast thats how i see it. Drag and drop but he ofcourse chooses patterns and shit which he has done with the program before he does anything). It's hard as fuck to understand but it seems to be handy and support most formats.

I can probably help you mitch,

First off,

What recording program are you using? Some recording programs don't support VST plugins (like EZ and A.D)

And if it does support VST plugins, its just probably like one tiny signal flow setting you need to change for it to work.

Well I use Cool Edit Pro but I downloaded Reaper, knowing that it supports VST stuff but I never bothered to try it again because I don't even know how.

CEP doesn't no, which is why I downloaded Reaper, so I could use impulse files. I'm trying to download AD right now and it's on 30%.

CEP doesn't supposrt VST right? Also, could someone really explain to me what the fuck VST is?:lol:

VST is Virtual Studio something... Probably "Technology" :lol:

Basically it's the basic component of most high quality virtual sounds and effects used in recording nowadays. For example VST instruments are generally like virtual synthesizers or samplers and such. Then there's VST effects like reverb and stuff.

And you cant make use of these VST plugins without a VST compatible program that can load and control them, eg: Cubase, Reaper, Ableton Live, Logic ect ect ect.

Yeah I think I made sense there :lol:

Kind of like if you download a Brush file (.abr). You can't use it unless you have Photoshop to control it with.