Guitar Player's Thread

So i was continuing composing my first real song and came up with some drum beats. How fast can normal drummers hit the bass drum, snare and cymbals?

sidenote: Thomann now sells the Alexi Rockhouse DVDs and his Edwards signature guitars.

So i was continuing composing my first real song and came up with some drum beats. How fast can normal drummers hit the bass drum, snare and cymbals?

Really depends on the drummer.
Inferno from behemoth hits 16ths at 280bmp, the guy from nile is even faster IIRC.. Sure these are pretty extreme but to give you an idea.
Here is the tab of it.
Slaves shall serve - Behemoth.gp5

Someone playing it:

Last edited by a moderator:
This Behemoth thing is so insanely fast^^

Depends on patterns and in which ammount, but if you ask that must be because you've come up with a really hard thing
It's like double bass and snare 16th at 260bpm. :rolleyes:.
because of the lack of a drummer, a 2nd guitarplayer, a keyboardist and a vocalist I can dream now, but I admit this dream went too far^^.

yea but i heard that the real price range is 500-800 and the cheaper ones are just huge power strips,do you have any experience with a power con. please help phenom anyone... ??

I don't have personal experience but i have heard it makes a good bit of difference in tone. The price range is not that huge. Fork out a 200€ and im sure you get a good one. Well consider it this way...even in your car if your CD Player and speakers get too little power it's going to sound like shit. The Power Con. keeps the power intake at a even level making it perform at its optimal range.

Oh shit, I missed it when Jose posted that. That Matias dude is fucking better than that fat cunt that used to play in the band, so I might actually check out their new album!!!!!!!!!!

I just re-watched this vid:

And I'm still amazed at how clean he plays this stuff. The Attitude Song, Flight Of The Bumblebee, Downfall solo, Paradigm Shift!! Incredible stuff!

Last edited by a moderator: