Guitar Player's Thread

Woah, that part of Dream Theater's 'Take the Time' solo he plays before that like, circus tune or whatever it is :lol: is awesome.

:lol: "that fat cunt that used to play in the band"

Should be awesome seeing what he has to offer. Btw to anyone who cares, there's a program on BBC1 at the moment that explains the history of the guitar (in 3 parts). Fairly cool stuff, although it's only classical guitarists at current. I imagine something better will develop over the next 2 sundays, nevertheless it's still intruiging! At least to me!

I've been listening to a lot of older soilwork lately, their vocalist Bjorn is probably my favorite metal singer right now. His voice is incredible.

This Behemoth thing is so insanely fast^^

It's like double bass and snare 16th at 260bpm. :rolleyes:.
because of the lack of a drummer, a 2nd guitarplayer, a keyboardist and a vocalist I can dream now, but I admit this dream went too far^^.

Well, if you get a George Kollias clone around no, but if not it can be a bit tough :lol:

Nice work :) Is that bandname for real? :lol:

New song in mah sig if anyone is interested.

Dude you're like the underground Jari :lol: Cool stuff!

yeah geroge kollias from nile is one of the greatest and fastest drummers ever

and holy shit stratovarious with mattias?! that's fucking awesome! he is an insanely amazing player

Kollias rocks. I love his style, and his contribution to Nile, which is a band I absolutely love. And so true about Matias.

Ha, badass! :headbang: I love Matias's style and note choice, I hope they will record another album.

So do I, and Timo said that they are indeed going to record some stuff, but is left to know if it'll be only for them to see what the guy can do or a real new album. I never was really interested in Stratovarius, but now I really am :lol:

Oh shit, I missed it when Jose posted that. That Matias dude is fucking better than that fat cunt that used to play in the band, so I might actually check out their new album!!!!!!!!!!

Those were my exact thoughts about the whole thing. I always found TT really boring (his song on the GH album is one of the worst instrumental things I've heard), but Matias is a whole other galaxy! If they do record and release another album that's going to rock!

Power conditioner: Just filters your current = cheaper
Votlage regulator : Adjusts your voltage level if it gets to low/high = expensive

Actually Power Conditioner/Distributor also protects your "amps" from power spikes and such. Atleast the furman ones do and it also protects it from getting too low voltage.

I learned the hatebreeder solo's. lol, i've been playing for 7 years... i need to create my own solos or something :-/ anyone got the tabs to the video warheart posted... jk

hey well i just got my poweramp,and it comes with the tree pronged plug(two flat plates and one round rod)so how do i get the power conditioner to work with this damn countrys output plug ??just a converter ??

Hey Young Metal gods , was up ? ... I was playing in a club last Friday and I had a ball ...my kinna gig !!!:kickass:
Anyway , I went totally ballistic in Voodoo Child...proceed to step off stage , dump my Jackson heavily on a table near my friend and start to grind it , shake it , bang it , hammering the bar and doing all kind of crazy stuff , then took it and drop on my knees and proceed to make all kinds of HELL noise with it ...finally went back on stage!!
Later in Crossroads we do the presentation of the band member ...when it came to me I bow down and saw a girl that look like the daughter of OZZY , she rush to me and proceed at grabbing my head and start to hug me and lick me all over the face , then she grab my hat and start dancing in front of me ...the doorman told her to give back my hat , so she came in front of me and told me to bend over so she can put my back on my head , she did it and proceed to repeat the kissing liking stuff, then went away!!
Later in Pink Floyd , I go in the crowd to wait for my solos , so I was at the bar with my guitar and she came back at me start to lick and grind again pulling my head into her boobs few times ...I proceed to rush on stage and the doorman kicked her out !!!:heh:
Quite a night...few weeks before I had my Jackson signed by my favorite axe slinger in Montreal (Steve Hill) his last album is called Devils At My Heels...I think that he past the puck by signing my guitar and I'm the one with the devils at my heels now !!!
I'll leave with a few vids from that night !!
Have fun and Rock On people!!!
Sixxpm
[ame]http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=EoMqVc-rIGE[/ame]

[ame]http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=aUEqq_K78VY&feature=user[/ame]

new song up on my band's page

http://www.myspace.com/djdeepthroatandassociate

it really took a long time :lol:

Amazing!! How did you record it, especially guitars and bass? Details please! Do we hear your new Ibby on the recording?

But the drums were programmed, right?

Lowberg said:
here, i hope you feel more retarded after hearing this, or want to dance
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6950063

It's cool, but I would cut this Keyboard beginning out. These toms sound great!

Cool stuff Lowberg! I did like the keyboards, really, but it depends on the kind of music you want. If you're going for death metal with death vocals then you should take it out, but if you're going to get at least that bit as instrumental then I think they're cool.

Awesome Stratovarius news!!! Btwm Matias is a very nice guy, it's no problem to ask him stuff about his recordings on myspace.

Cool! So could someone ask him about the Stratovarius thing or something? I don't have him added on my Myspace or anything. I know it's easy, but anyway :lol:

Thanks guys!, glad you are digging my ideas. I was reluctant to put synth in my music because i know I am never going to find a metal keyboard player over in New York hahaha, but I'm going to keep the keyboard part in there, a lot of my songs are going to have just like ambient keyboard and maybe some soft synth strings, But i think I'm going to keep that part in there as like an intro and like to connect the choruses to the verse. there wont be any singing over that probably lol

i started writing/recording this new song and i added this synth lead part to the beginning riff and now it sounds like 80's dance music hahahaa
I don't know if the keyboards are an awesome idea or super ridiculous sounding lol

here, i hope you feel more retarded after hearing this, or want to dance
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6950063

I think I heard addictive drums