Guitar Player's Thread

What the fuck? First you say I'm wrong for looking at fake tits, then you claim that I must have been? Seriously, shut up :lol:
no you.
^And she has probably immense hubcaps :lol: [/footballer's language]

Has anyone in here ever thought of building a guitar? I think I'll give it a try after christmas.

yeah that would be awesome. I realiezed that when I'm doing stuff like changing the strings (with a floating bridge) I'm actually having fun :lol: I think guitar luthiers actually have a pretty cool job. I wouldn't mind learning all that stuff.

its kinda pathetic to admit, but my family rents a house in laguna beach. rich people piss me off so it's not my particular favorite place as far as the vibe from people here. But the surroundings are fucking awesome.

Sorry to bother but.

I'm selling my Line 6 Amp, and I have about 500$ to dish on an amp, nothing fancy, I just want a nice bang for the buck :).

Any suggestions?

Agreed on the 5150 really..

After juggling brands and considering going rack setup, ive found that the cheapest(because im poor lol) but best tone i can get, is probably a Peavey 5150. I need a separate channel so im gonna go for the 5150II, when the time comes. Quick search on ebay showed me that you can get one between 500 and 1000$
Fair price if you ask me!

Agreed on the 5150 really..

After juggling brands and considering going rack setup, ive found that the cheapest(because im poor lol) but best tone i can get, is probably a Peavey 5150. I need a separate channel so im gonna go for the 5150II, when the time comes. Quick search on ebay showed me that you can get one between 500 and 1000$
Fair price if you ask me!

5150 > 5150II

Get nice pre or something then use a special amp switcher setup (Fja mods make a great one) so you can have a dedicated clean channel.

5150II = 6505 (btw). The same amp.
WRONG!

5150 = 6505
5150II = 6505+
5150III = EVH signature

Corny said:
Has anyone in here ever thought of building a guitar? I think I'll give it a try after christmas.
Yeah, i thought about it. It requires a lot of detail/precision and a shitload of expensive tools.
But thats if you want to build a guitar out of some wood.

You can always start slow by buying an body that you have to paint + a separate neck (bolt-on construction). Then you buy a bridge + some pickups + tuners + Electronics, etc etc.
Warmoth.com is a great site to buy your body and neck + the other stuff.

Anyway, i will stick to charvels/jackson. Instead i'm going to build an Tube amplifier very soon :)

^Yes, I know Warmoth, they have very cool looking stuff there. But I really want to build a guitar all by myself (maybe not fretting the neck). The uncle of my girlfriend is a luthier and has many tools and this guy I teach guitar is educated as a luthier at the moment and wants to start his build soon.

I know that the first guitar will probably turn out as a piece of shit if you are not gifted with talent (I'm not), but I have to start somewhere. I want to make some easy stuff first: Black Explorer, one pickup, no inlays, no potis, only killswitch for on/off, perhaps cream binding, not sure if I could handle it.

I'm afraid of all this stuff like drilling the truss channel, but fuck it.

It would be cool if you documented your building in this thread!

If your building your own from scratch, and want an atleast decent guitar, you'll really have to know what you're doing.
Of course it's possible, alot of people have done it, but for now, I for one will settle with warmoth.
I'm actually doing a Warmoth guitar right now. I only need to do a few things before it's finished. It's gonna kick ass.

WRONG!

5150 = 6505
5150II = 6505+
5150III = EVH signature

In all honesty the 5150 and 5150II are the same amp. It just has more features like individual channels to clean and lead. Amirite or amiwrong? In sound it should be the same as i've got the thing. The EVH signature im not sure of...that could vary from the 2 others in sound.

Otherwise if you just meant he was thinking 5150II is 6505 he is ofcourse wrong.

Hmmmmm...I'm really thinking about what i will do with the money i will get when selling my Peavey Studiopro for 200€. Any suggestions?:lol: Or is it just better i save it for future amp/guitar investments?

:lol: Sure! The point is to have a diverse album. One of my favourite tracks off Guitar Heroes (finnish album not the game) is Ulterior Motive, it's so fucking cool.:kickass:

:kickass: Agreed about diversity, and too about Ulterior Movie. It fucking rocks, as oposite to TTs cheesy boring song. I really like Hellbilly too, it's just so happy sounding and overall cool :lol:

I'm looking forward to Lowberg's song for the album!

And I dug up an old riff that I had lying about in a GP4 file and started working on that, which I'm hoping I'll continue to like enough and for long enough to finish and record. The only thing that I worry about is will I be able to play it...:lol:

Cool! I'm looking forward to your contribution, as I'm really interested in what can pop out of you as a whole song knowing the awesomeness of your solos for the Jams, specially the last one.

lol. I really wanna have a drunken convo with Roope one of these days.

It'd definitely be funny but...

Yeah if i didn't have to drive for 2 hours to get back to school I would have definitely been talking to roope drunk haha If i was drunk id probably try to sing somthing with him in his super deep singing voice.

...imagine Lowberg and Roope both drunk and having a convo! That'd be epic! Dude be sure to have a friend that records that if it ever happens :lol:

^Yes, I know Warmoth, they have very cool looking stuff there. But I really want to build a guitar all by myself (maybe not fretting the neck). The uncle of my girlfriend is a luthier and has many tools and this guy I teach guitar is educated as a luthier at the moment and wants to start his build soon.

I know that the first guitar will probably turn out as a piece of shit if you are not gifted with talent (I'm not), but I have to start somewhere. I want to make some easy stuff first: Black Explorer, one pickup, no inlays, no potis, only killswitch for on/off, perhaps cream binding, not sure if I could handle it.

I'm afraid of all this stuff like drilling the truss channel, but fuck it.

It would be cool if you documented your building in this thread!
Well, i just ordered all the parts.
Its going to sound like this:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvHByPhwaB8&feature=related[/ame]

Well, most people get recommended to buy some books about guitar building.

If you were dutch i could give you loads of information about building guitars etc, but i'm afraid you are not.
Anyway, here are some nice sites:
http://www.projectguitar.com/
http://www.mimf.com/
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/4469/index.html
http://www.ormsbyguitars.com/index.html

Just be careful building a tube amp even from parts. You can seriously hurt yourself, you could literally stick your finger around in a solid state amp's circuitry but with tube amps you can expect a good 700ish volts running through your body. Just a warning to make sure you know what you are doing.

Cool! I'm looking forward to your contribution, as I'm really interested in what can pop out of you as a whole song knowing the awesomeness of your solos for the Jams, specially the last one.

My song is going to have a special guest soloist from the forums :headbang: