Guitar Player's Thread

it's a V-II-IV-I combination, isn't it? That means that you could use Fmaj scale, or for each chord C-mixolydian/G-dorian/Bb-Lydian/Fmaj (for example)

I explain better than I play :lol:

Yeah, exactly. I haven't really got into all that stuff in terms of actual playing either so I can't actually do it too well and make it sound like I know what I'm doing. I really need to practise it though because it's a great thing to be able to do.

Well if you are going to participate, just make sure you're happy with what you submit, whether it's fast or slow. That stuff doesn't really matter as long as you have a good time doing it. :)

is there a way to create backing tracks on cool edit pro?

Not really.

:(aww man i'd kill to join in.

Why can't you?

Right, I need some opinions now. Everyone listen to BLUES IN G and answer me this...

What section of the backing track would be best to solo over???
1?
2?
3?
A mix of 2?
A mix of all 3?

Section 1 = 00:05-00:32 (has the little lead part in the left speaker)
Section 2 = 00:33-01:00 (has a rhythm part playing the changes)
Section 3 = 01:01-01:27 (just bass and drums)

I was thinking maybe mix up section 2 & 3 or something because they sound the best to me and the lead bit might be a bit interfering with some people's solos. What does everyone else think?

Not really.

Why can't you?

Right, I need some opinions now. Everyone listen to BLUES IN G and answer me this...

What section of the backing track would be best to solo over???
1?
2?
3?
A mix of 2?
A mix of all 3?

Section 1 = 00:05-00:32 (has the little lead part in the left speaker)
Section 2 = 00:33-01:00 (has a rhythm part playing the changes)
Section 3 = 01:01-01:27 (just bass and drums)

I was thinking maybe mix up section 2 & 3 or something because they sound the best to me and the lead bit might be a bit interfering with some people's solos. What does everyone else think?

I think you should skip the first part as you said.

my shoulder's still bust, I suppose I could try some tapping licks but it wouldn't sound great lol.

Oh right yeah. Well you don't have to shred, you can just write a cool sounding melody and play it as gently as you can so you don't do anything to your shoulder.