Guitar Player's Thread

Making a backing track with drums, bass, synth takes like a few mins to do, and require no recording. But i guess most people want a really metal backing track. We should have a vote on the key aswell.

I think I'm in.

:kickass:

I'd like to be in, too.. but I don't have good recording gear. I gotta buy that adapter and that stuff.

Awesome. I think they're really cheap. :kickass:

I'll be in if you want me to be, although i can only record through mic atm but it doesn't sound too bad... i'm not the best player here but no harm in trying :p

Of course not, don't worry about teh shredz0rz, just have a good time and make it sound good. :kickass:

That recording sounded fine, the rhythm tone is alot better than mine with or without mixing. :lol:

sounds cool idea <-Warheart-> if you need bass playing/shredding count me it too.

Hardcore shredding is certainly welcome. :kickass:

:kickass:

I'm in. What about the backing track, do you record one?

I have cool sounding blues backings in a-minor from an instructional book :D
We could "warm up" with that to see if everything works... opinions?

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I have a few BT's from guitarbt.com that sound ok but like yours, most of them are blues. I have one good metal one but we could record one ourselves if we needed to.

You might aswell upload it and we'll all have a listen to it. A "warm up" jam would be quite good actually, I can practise looping tracks and adding different solos to it.

Making a backing track with drums, bass, synth takes like a few mins to do, and require no recording. But i guess most people want a really metal backing track. We should have a vote on the key aswell.

Key = Bbmin. :D

No? Oh, I guess Emin then. :kickass:

I would prefer Gmaj/Emin because I handle the modes in this key best, but if more players want another key, it's no problem, too. I just have no keen on switching the fingerings :lol:

As Warheart says, let's vote for the final backing track. To try out the whole thing, it won't matter, I think.

I'll sort the tryout tracks right know...

Ok guys, here the possible Backing Tracks for a tryout-round!
It doesn't have to sound extreme cool, we just want to see if it works.
I checked ca. 50 backing tracks, but I have no Emin, sorry (but remember:it's a tryout). Over all backing tracks can be soloed with pentatonics, so don't worry.

2 A-min Blues BT
2 A-min Rock/Fusion BT
1 A-harmonic-min BT
2 F-maj/D-min BT

http://rapidshare.com/files/24011302/Jams_COBOT.rar.html

Password (if required) is "gheyz0r" :lol:

Ok, which one of the seven would you prefer?
I go for A-min Blues (jamtrack 8) or Fmaj/Dmin (jamtrack 13 RS)

uploaded a better mix of a song my band is working on.

you can check it out here: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=673300&songID=5185152

feedback would be good thanks :D

Hmm, well, I'm an invader here, I know... and I think you know I don't play any instrument, so don't you pay too much attention to my words.

I listened to it, and I'd say that I liked it... don't know, but it seemed to me like a mix of old CoB and old NortheR's style (don't kill me for saying this... cause anyway I don't understand a thing about music), but also original too. And it's a good thing, I do believe.

There were some lil' lil' parts that didn't convince me totally, but I liked the most!! Thanks for sharing with us all. :)

ps: it's nice that you've got a soundclick page too!!

&#9532;Victim of the Night&#9532;;6030189 said:
Hmm, well, I think you know I don't play any instrument, so I can't say things that must be listened too much.
But I listened to it, and I'd say that I liked it... don't know, but it seemed to me like a mix of old CoB and old NortheR's style (but don't kill me for saying me... cause anyway I don't understand a thing about music).
There were some lil' lil' parts that didn't convince me totally, but I liked the most of. Thanks for sharing with us all. :)

You don't need to play an instrument to understand music, altough it helps. But i mean, music is subjective, so your opinion matters just as much as someone who has been playing guitar for 50 years.

^It's right, but well... it's just that I don't wanna seem acting bad or like one who thinks to know everything... cause that's not at all, and I'd be sorry. But thank you. :)

(ps: I hadn't finished to edit the post... sorry, eheh :))

Ok guys, here the possible Backing Tracks for a tryout-round!
It doesn't have to sound extreme cool, we just want to see if it works.
I checked ca. 50 backing tracks, but I have no Emin, sorry (but remember:it's a tryout). Over all backing tracks can be soloed with pentatonics, so don't worry.

2 A-min Blues BT
2 A-min Rock/Fusion BT
1 A-harmonic-min BT
2 F-maj/D-min BT

http://rapidshare.com/files/24011302/Jams_COBOT.rar.html

Password (if required) is "gheyz0r" :lol:

Ok, which one of the seven would you prefer?
I go for A-min Blues (jamtrack 8) or Fmaj/Dmin (jamtrack 13 RS)

jamtrack 8 was the best...the others were :erk:

WOW! The Riffs and Solos are amazing!

But if i should be honest, the songwriting/arrangement could be a bit better. Bring more pop structures in it and will be perfect for me :)

haha thanks dude. i forgot to mention I play keyboard in this band but I also recorded some guitar tracks on there. Anyways I know what you mean, this song was sort of our first attempt at writing and was a bit of a frankensteins monster sorta thing :lol:

&#9532;Victim of the Night&#9532;;6030194 said:
Hmm, well, I'm an invader here, I know... and I think you know I don't play any instrument, so don't you pay too much attention to my words.

I listened to it, and I'd say that I liked it... don't know, but it seemed to me like a mix of old CoB and old NortheR's style (don't kill me for saying this... cause anyway I don't understand a thing about music), but also original too. And it's a good thing, I do believe.

There were some lil' lil' parts that didn't convince me totally, but I liked the most!! Thanks for sharing with us all. :)

*kills you*

naw, jk :p but yeah, i'm sure it probably does since bodom is a huge influence on us of course. We have another track we're working on that is turning out very warmeny too :lol: But i'm glad you said its original because we definitely aren't trying to be a bodom clone or anything :p

thanks a lot for the comments guys!

Okay, now I just saw thoe dump i am. I have my geetar for almost 6 months now and I've just realized that you hate to FUCKIN' PULL UP THE GAIN BOOSTER KNOB FOR IT TO WORK. Before that I was like, ''Mmh, that shit is t3h suck, there is no difference''. Zomg, I so hate myself right now:lol:

*kills you*

naw, jk :p but yeah, i'm sure it probably does since bodom is a huge influence on us of course. We have another track we're working on that is turning out very warmeny too :lol: But i'm glad you said its original because we definitely aren't trying to be a bodom clone or anything :p

thanks a lot for the comments guys!

Well, I'm sorry if maybe my words were strange. Mine was just a compliment... I really liked it, sincerely.