Guitar Player's Thread

Hey guys, I am now trying to buy a guitar that's very suited to playing heavy metal and my limit at the minute is about the £500 mark, at the moment I was probably going to buy a Jackson Dinky 2k as I really liked that when I played it, are their any guitars anyone can recommend in that price range ? :)

Hey guys, I am now trying to buy a guitar that's very suited to playing heavy metal and my limit at the minute is about the £500 mark, at the moment I was probably going to buy a Jackson Dinky 2k as I really liked that when I played it, are their any guitars anyone can recommend in that price range ? :)

You can basically use anything as long as you can play. I would try out the ibanez Xiphos, which you could get for around £500.

That is a nice guitar, Im watching that one.

Thanks guys :) I'll just try things out more until I'm sure about whether or not I want the Jackson. I should try out more Ibanez I think.

Hey guys, I just got back from the trip to see G3! Paul Gilbert and Bruce were fucking AMAZING! To be honest, John Petrucci and Satch bored the hell out of me... Paul played first and just fucking owned so hard. I was tired and left a bit into Joe's set, so I didn't see the jam. Anyway, yeah... Paul and Bruce fucking tore that shit apart! I was right in front of Bruce and after they finished he came to the edge of the stage and gave me five, fucking awesome. I managed to record a video of Scarified and it came out pretty good considering I used my crappy digital camera (which I almost got kicked out for having). Maybe I'll upload it a bit later.