Guitar Player's Thread

cool enough to make some of us jealous :heh:
btw, nice sig ;)

;) Don't worry, I've been playing 5 years longer. By the time you've been playing metal for 5 years, you'll be ahead of me, I didn't start practising difficult stuff until 2½ years.

Haha, i just read "Stabwound - Guitar - Record", so somehow i figured it was you playing, so i was shocked at how close you got to the tone :lol:

:lol: I wish. My rhythm tone is the gheyz0rz, although I might record The Stillborn One later as a tone test. Who knows.

well, I talked to the fendercustom shop guy and they want almost 7000. quite a bit more than I wanted to spend. Esp wants 5500 for a custom eclipse guitar, so I think ill have to hold off. I may just import an esp forest gt model, or pick up another washburn mg-44 and upgrade that and the ones I have.

Ugh, that's way too much to be paying for a guitar imo. Maybe you should consider buying one off the shelf and customising it. I don't understand what could be so important that you'd need to pay around $5500/7000 for.

Are there any exercises that you guys feel are useful for increasing your speed of your left hand ? I am learning Silent Night, Bodom Night and can play all the solos just really slowley......

....I'm practicing playing the song alot, I was just wondering if there are any good exercises that might help me a bit. :)

Repetative licks with low amount of notes really helps, especially legato.

Try stuff like:

G-4h5h7p5p4----|--9p5h7h9p7p5--|---------5h7h9---|
D------------7--|-----------------|--5h7h9----------|

You'll find that all long runs are made up of smaller segments like these so if you can play small bits like this, it'll be easier to play longer passages.

warheart: im not going to pay that much, fuck that. I know that washburn is only 300, which is what I may get if its still at that shop. I am getting an ltd alexi 600 though cause the guitar itself looks badass. ill probably hang it in my bedroom on the wall.

warheart: im not going to pay that much, fuck that. I know that washburn is only 300, which is what I may get is its still at that shop. I am getting an ltd alexi 600 though cause the guitar itself looks badass. ill probably hang it in mybedroom on the wall.

...And play it too, right?

Hey guys, could ya go to my myspace in my sig and listen to "soundtest"? and tell me what ya think? I fucking hate recording, but I just downloaded nuendo and it seems to sound a hell of a lot better than Acid Pro for some reason. Anyway, how do the drums sound, good? They sound way more powerful than they ever did in Acid pro for me and I'm not even using any plugins. Maybe the nuendo just kicks ass like that, I don't know.

thats a safe assumption.

Fair enough. I assumed you were just buying it just so you could use it as a display thing.

Hey guys, could ya go to my myspace in my sig and listen to "soundtest"? and tell me what ya think? I fucking hate recording, but I just downloaded nuendo and it seems to sound a hell of a lot better than Acid Pro for some reason. Anyway, how do the drums sound, good? They sound way more powerful than they ever did in Acid pro for me and I'm not even using any plugins. Maybe the nuendo just kicks ass like that, I don't know.

Yeah, they sound pretty good actually. I liked the snare and kick sound alot.

Cool mang, if you listen to my prior recordings such as the sonata covers you'll hear how retarded the drums sounded before, I have no clue why. The snare really sounded bad.

Yeah I think I noticed the shitty snare sound on one of them.

Btw, Warheart is off to see Paul Gilbert live for the first time in London, June 3rd. FUCK YES. :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

G3 is comming to London? I Watched some vids from the Racer X forums, scarified was awesome!

I WILL have fun, trust me. :eek:

It's not G3 which is good for me because Paul will be doing a headlining show which = 1hr+ of Paul Gilbert as opposed to 40mins PG, 40mins Satch, 40mins JP etc.

Yeah!!!

I WILL have fun, trust me. :eek:

It's not G3 which is good for me because Paul will be doing a headlining show which = 1hr+ of Paul Gilbert as opposed to 40mins PG, 40mins Satch, 40mins JP etc.

Yeah!!!

lucky bastard. i missed out on Gilbert when he came here to los angeles all because he played at a venue that was only 21 and over :cry:

but have fun. you're going to see one of your heros :)

lucky bastard. i missed out on Gilbert when he came here to los angeles all because he played at a venue that was only 21 and over :cry:

but have fun. you're going to see one of your heros :)

Well, hopefully two. I really, really want Bruce to go with them too. Scit Scat Wah and Scarified in perfect synchronization and harmony would make me jizz...twice.

How about G3, are they not playing in LA on that tour?

OH YEAH. I just found out for sure that fucking Bruce Bouillet is joining him for this Europe tour too. :lol: This is literally a dream come true for me, my eyes watered when I first read that Bruce was getting back with Paul to play live. I'm soo gonna get them both to sign a copy of SECOND HEAT. God damn. :worship:

And to finish off this multi-part post, I'll post a recording. It's a small piece of an Yngwie Malmsteen song from his Fire and Ice album so I doubt any of you will know this but whatever, it's a fun song.

It's just one gtr track and I forgot it a few times so I just improvised 'n' shit so just ignore that. I didn't play all of it because I only just learnt it an hour ago so I stopped before the solo.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/otkm7n

Nice amount of rich distortion too. :D

Repetative licks with low amount of notes really helps, especially legato.

Try stuff like:

G-4h5h7p5p4----|--9p5h7h9p7p5--|---------5h7h9---|
D------------7--|-----------------|--5h7h9----------|

You'll find that all long runs are made up of smaller segments like these so if you can play small bits like this, it'll be easier to play longer passages.

Your help, is much appriciated. Thanks man.

I may well be at that Paul Gilbert gig myself :D