Guitar Player's Thread

kewl stuff, are you tabbing the whole song? Btw, you have the tab book, right?

I dno if I will tab the whole thing. I might record it later so I'm using it as a template for the backing track but maybe I'll do the whole thing one day.

I have the book, yes.

It's nice to have because I know I can learn whatever I want and I know it'll be 100% accurate, notes, strings, position, timing/rhythm etc.

Plus, I can play alot of it at 90% speed already so I'm nearly there.

Right, but I may get it when I can riff that quick, instead of just having it around, waiting for me to get it up to speed.

Well it gives you something to practise too. If you're not used to playing riffs (or solos) like that, then it'll prepare you while at the same time learning something cool (in my opinion, of course).

We've already transcribed 80% of their stuff though, it'd probably be a waste of Alexi's time. He should spend time cleaning up his technique if you ask me.

Any injuries at all are a bit shit though. It says on SoB that his shoulder (I think) will never be 100% ever again, wtf?

But I suppose it was a bowling accident so it's not from drunk behaviour like most times.

It also said it wouldn't affect his playing, so let's hope it works out for the best. I also hope he get's a grip of himself, i would like to see some Suicide by my side style geetaring on the next album, but also with some new kind of sound.

yes! suicide by my side has some of the best guitaring alexi and roope have done. i absolutley love the guitar work in that album...but he should save that style for sinergy. bodom has heavier riffs and its own style. although you can tell that alexi composes in both bands. i love how he has a certain style in composition. but then again, most writers do.

Check this out, it's Necrophagist - Stabwound with just the Right Gtr but panned to the centre and the Left Gtr out. It's the part I can play at 220bpm (instead of 240) so I might make a version with the Right Guitar out and just the left and then record the Right Gtr parts myself.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/c4i6m8

How cool is that. :D

Check this out, it's Necrophagist - Stabwound with just the Right Gtr but panned to the centre and the Left Gtr out. It's the part I can play at 220bpm (instead of 240) so I might make a version with the Right Guitar out and just the left and then record the Right Gtr parts myself.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/c4i6m8

How cool is that. :D

Haha, i just read "Stabwound - Guitar - Record", so somehow i figured it was you playing, so i was shocked at how close you got to the tone :lol:

well, I talked to the fendercustom shop guy and they want almost 7000. quite a bit more than I wanted to spend. Esp wants 5500 for a custom eclipse guitar, so I think ill have to hold off. I may just import an esp forest gt model, or pick up another washburn mg-44 and upgrade that and the ones I have.

Are there any exercises that you guys feel are useful for increasing your speed of your left hand ? I am learning Silent Night, Bodom Night and can play all the solos just really slowley......

....I'm practicing playing the song alot, I was just wondering if there are any good exercises that might help me a bit. :)