Guitar Player's Thread

BEHOLD MY COB FORUM ALBUM SONG.........
............mixtest:D

Started tracking the song today, should finish basic tracking in the next few days, then onto vocals and solos.

I did a small mixtest of the first 30 seconds of it to get some opinions on sound aspect of things. I'm trying to make this song sound as bodomy as possible, even the production (trying to shoot for HCDR era sound)

ah and for some reason the first few notes of the keyboard got cut out when i mixed down, oh well you get the idea.
And i popped my B string on that whammy bar thing but I'm gonna keep it in the recording :lol:

Just click Play Hi-Fi

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6974233

PS: Dude. Fetzer. Keyboard. Solo. Please.

:lol:

BEHOLD MY COB FORUM ALBUM SONG.........
............mixtest:D

Started tracking the song today, should finish basic tracking in the next few days, then onto vocals and solos.

I did a small mixtest of the first 30 seconds of it to get some opinions on sound aspect of things. I'm trying to make this song sound as bodomy as possible, even the production (trying to shoot for HCDR era sound)

ah and for some reason the first few notes of the keyboard got cut out when i mixed down, oh well you get the idea.
And i popped my B string on that whammy bar thing but I'm gonna keep it in the recording :lol:

Just click Play Hi-Fi

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6974233

I know you wanted to make it sound like Bodom, and still, i haven't heard the rest of the song, but to me it sounds kind of stanard, it would be fun to have some unexpected chord progressions and have the accents somewhere else than the normal, at each beat.

Production sounds really cool though!

I know you wanted to make it sound like Bodom, and still, i haven't heard the rest of the song, but to me it sounds kind of stanard, it would be fun to have some unexpected chord progressions and have the accents somewhere else than the normal, at each beat.

Production sounds really cool though!

Actually the accents are meant to be on the 16th note off-beat of both the keyboard intro and the opening riff. I'm glad my 2 riffs aren't up to your standards!

..lol noooo, sorry for being a dick, I'm kind of hung over and just got back from jazz history :lol:

Happy GuitarPlayer's thread Anniversary!!!

Tonight have a drink or two for it was 2 years today that this bitch was born :kickass: :kickass:

DSC00096-2.jpg

I just heared the best pronounciation of Alexi's name yet. Watch at around 1:05:

Last edited by a moderator: