Guitar Player's Thread

Anyone can join in.

It's not a competition, lol.

This.

I usually listen to these kinda things. I'm interested in what kinda stuff people play over this style of backing track. Everyone's different so everyone can get ideas from everyone for future reference. :)

I had No Anaesthesia(sp?) by them before i reformatted my comp, but it's quite hard to get by.

It was kinda cool yeah.

I have a question about cool edit pro, where is the button to hear yourself playing while recording through line-in?

Ok i'm in :D

is there a deadline for the recordings to be done?

I dno really, lets give it a week and see how many people have submitted something. If only half the people have, then we'll extend it to two or something but it won't run over a month.

can i have a easy part in the jam

What do you mean, easy?

Read the rules, you can either play for 30 seconds or 1 whole minute and what you play over the backing track is COMPLETELY up to you.

You can do acoustic, clean guitar, distorted, harmony, rhythm, harmonics, tapping, slide, whammy stuff, whammy pedal, 3 string guitar arpeggios, get your mum to play haf the solo, fart in the pickups, set the guitar on fire while you're recording...WHATEVER. :)

It doesn't even have to be in Gmin if you don't want. :lol:

inhe said:
I have a question about cool edit pro, where is the button to hear yourself playing while recording through line-in?

There is no button. You should be able to hear yourself as soon as you plug your guitar into the computer. If not, then you probably don't have it setup right or something.

I have all 3 stone albums, btw. :)

I dno really, lets give it a week and see how many people have submitted something. If only half the people have, then we'll extend it to two or something but it won't run over a month.:

ahh thats cool, I was just worried because I haven't picked up my axe in almost 3 weeks and it may take a few days for me to get back in the zone

You can do acoustic, clean guitar, distorted, harmony, rhythm, harmonics, tapping, slide, whammy stuff, whammy pedal, 3 string guitar arpeggios, get your mum to play haf the solo, fart in the pickups, set the guitar on fire while you're recording...WHATEVER. :)

It doesn't even have to be in Gmin if you don't want. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah, didn't see that. That's weird, i don't hear my guitar when i plug it in, in cubase there was a button for that :erk: Do you have any idea on what to do?

I'd need to know how you're set up to give any constructive advice.

It should be:

Guitar - cable - some sort of amplification (amp, effects thing) - cable - computer line in or mic port.

If you do all that, you should be able to hear your guitar through the speakers. If not, then check Control Panel for anything that's muted or whatever.