Guitar Player's Thread

I read that on another forum, it's the exact same tempo, chord progression and melody :lol:

Haha, Satriani sues Coldplay at the moment for copying one of his songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ofF...01&PHPSESSID=4057839ce22234410c530b87f4d8ca8f

I can't listen to it right now, I'll do it later...

I read that on another forum, it's the exact same tempo, chord progression and melody :lol:

Well yeah but they are also very, very generic. It would be incredibly easy for anyone to come up with something that sounds like that whilst writing.

What the hell does the rest of the band do live, while they play that song? Didn't coldplay used to actually have instruments?

Man, if i was in a band who started to do shit like that, i'd quit. Fuck if im gonna stand around on the stage gawking like a douche while the rest are having fun. Fuck that shit.

On another note, its pretty freaky that its so similar, note for note, chord for chord, and tempo and all that. I don't think Satriani really has a case nontheless though. They could tour together and play those songs at the same time, didnt sound halfbad actually

Well yeah but they are also very, very generic. It would be incredibly easy for anyone to come up with something that sounds like that whilst writing.

On another note, its pretty freaky that its so similar, note for note, chord for chord, and tempo and all that. I don't think Satriani really has a case nontheless though. They could tour together and play those songs at the same time, didnt sound halfbad actually

Agreed on both points. And they actually sound better together :lol:

[ame]http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=OFowXaMFPCg[/ame]

and new Jackson COW7 for the winter NAMM

zakk.jpg

Now I listened to the comparison of Satch/Coldplay. It is generic, but they sound so alike, that Satch imo has all right to get a piece of their cake. Coldplay makes a lot of money and are mega radio stars, so it won't hurt them that much.

@The Vai video: It was released on the DVD of guitar magazine, I still have the original lying around somewhere.

I've written a huge post befoe on the Satch/Coldplay thing before. It's rediculous that Satch thinks they stole his melody when it's so simple and boring.

Anyway, I'm jealous. Some guy's new custom Jackson...

RR3101%20006.jpg

RR3101%20007.jpg

RR3101%20010.jpg

RR3101%20011.jpg

RR3101%20012.jpg

RR3101%20013.jpg

RR3101%20014.jpg

Needs 24 frets, a switch, right way up inlays to be perfect for me, but DAMNNNN I would pay alot for this guitar! :worship:notworthy:worship:

Haha, Satriani sues Coldplay at the moment for copying one of his songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ofF...01&PHPSESSID=4057839ce22234410c530b87f4d8ca8f

I can't listen to it right now, I'll do it later...

I kinda like Satch's version better. Although coldplay did a nice job too. And Coldplay used to be really fucking good (first 2 albums). Now they're just full of synths and boring shit.

Have you guys noticed how bands usually start off really well and then they start declining? I mean, it's obviously personal preference, but most of the bands I'm into, I always find that their earlier albums are better than their recent ones.

Yeah, but there are some exceptions in my eyes: Lamb Of God became good since the album before Sacrament (don't remember the name), Steve Vai always puts out different and exciting music, I like Paul Gilberts last solo records a lot, more than the RX stuff (Mitch probably disagrees). Hypocrisy had a shit phase but creates good albums since The Arrival...

Right. I can see some exceptions also, like Paul Gilbert as you mentioned, Sinergy, and Necrophagist (altho they only have 2 albums out, maybe we can't decide on them yet). But not much more than that. Maybe I just don't listen to a lot of bands. But for the majority of them, I think they start becoming worse or more "generic."

Right. I can see some exceptions also, like Paul Gilbert as you mentioned, Sinergy, and Necrophagist (altho they only have 2 albums out, maybe we can't decide on them yet). But not much more than that. Maybe I just don't listen to a lot of bands. But for the majority of them, I think they start becoming worse or more "generic."

I thought about this for a long time now. There's really no band whose latest records I prefer over their first. Maybe I dislike the high-end recordings. Another important thing I miss in the newer albums that the band has somehow lost its will to prove itself. In the beginning, they were hot (dont know whether it's the right expression) to show their angriness/talent/creativity to the world.

And I think the first album is always more planned. It's their first time in a studio so they dont want to waste time/money and everything is ready in advance. Maybe they had played their songs live long before they enter the studio so they could change or rearrange parts which doesn't rock that much.

I don't get why everyone likes Necrophagist's Epitaph over Onset To Putrefaction. It's just my own opinion though....i like OTP alot more!!!

sylosis is sooo fucking sweet

in other news, i am retiring my metal hair (getting a hair cut)

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, Satriani sues Coldplay at the moment for copying one of his songs

As much as I love Satch, he should just let it slide. I'm sure Coldplay has never even heard of Satch until this lawsuit :lol:

*Big Plus One* on this

Cool! *watches*

Sexy :heh:

I don't get why everyone likes Necrophagist's Epitaph over Onset To Putrefaction. It's just my own opinion though....i like OTP alot more!!!

They all sound like the same song to me, HAHAHA!

in other news, i am retiring my metal hair (getting a hair cut)

faggot...

... just kidding! (I was very close to cutting my hair some time ago)