Guitar Player's Thread

haha, yeah right. I'm so over it.

pic_11972605050824.jpg

Wow, it looks fucking awesome !

I have a question for all of you guys. I've wanted an ESP F series guitar for over 2 years now. My band just got a new bassist, and he wants to buy an ESP F series bass. At first I was telling him to go for it because they are really cool guitars, but then he pointed out that it would be gay to have the same guitar shape and color if we're in the same band. What do you think ? I really don't want to give up this guitar, it's been my dream guitar ever since I started listening to metal. I don't really think it would cause a problem....

This is the guitar I want, and after I get it I wanna put more money on it to replace the bridge with an OFR and put some EMG pickups (81, perhaps..) instead of the ESP (passive :erk:) pickups in there.
F-250_BLK.jpg

And this is the bass he wants :
F-405_STBLK.jpg

Your bassist is dumb. That's really not a reason not to get the instrument you want. And also it doesn't look bad. Look at Destruction. Schmier and Mike both have the same shape, and it doesn't look half bad:

DEstruction2.jpg

211121900_d9bd5afc45_o.jpg

Cool!

Can't....stop....listening.....to...iron...maiden.......aargghhhh

:lol::lol::lol:

I've written a huge post befoe on the Satch/Coldplay thing before. It's rediculous that Satch thinks they stole his melody when it's so simple and boring.

Anyway, I'm jealous. Some guy's new custom Jackson...

RR3101%20014.jpg

Needs 24 frets, a switch, right way up inlays to be perfect for me, but DAMNNNN I would pay alot for this guitar! :worship:notworthy:worship:

Fucking hot, now I'm jealous too!

Ah Red Bull Rampage, nice thing. The vids are fucking cool and the riders are fucking mad :lol:

So I think I like the J50BC better then the blackout, did some recordings and it was crunchier and less muddy. I'll do a few more tests before I swap it into my RR24 cause it's in a Mahogony/maple ESP tuned to E with 9's. heh.

I had a Bad Monkey OD before the GP1k with the J50.

I do have a question though, I thought a USA J50BC just had a stamped jackson logo on the back but I've seen other versions. here's mine

6f28ef0ac06.JPG

Earth Breather, that sylosis video was FUCKING AWESOME!!!!

I've heard of them before, but that's the first time I heard them. I didn't expect myself to like it much, but the riffs just fucking killed, and those sweeps were certainly unexpected...I guess it was the Laiho sig model that made him play that. :lol:

This is pretty fucking sick too, I might have to learn some of this stuff!

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=m8aXe98c7HY[/ame]

And Necromancer, I agree, the J-50BC sounded better than the Blackout, especially during the middle where you played the COB riff with the Blackout and then the J50BC next to each other, I could hear the difference.

:lol: wtf. I posted that video (or was it the dean shredder contest video that he's in) a few days ago and no one even said anything. but I agree, Josh is killer on guitar, altho I'm not a fan of their music.

Sorry Twisha, I was busy with all those exams (and I'm still for one week...) but I really enjoyed those thrashy riffs. I'll probably buy their last album. And since I've watched the studio video, I can't stop smiling when I hear the famous "In an English country garden" at the when of the solo of "Teras"! :lol:

Man I'm getting so sick of school, I cant wait for the next few weeks to be over so I can go home haha

Today is my day of procrastination, maybe I'll learn a bodom song or something.

A dutch guy made a acoustic rewrite of Smells like teen spirit by nirvana.

Nirvana ... hate or love it. But this gotta be the best (acoustic) cover i've ever seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Twisha, I was busy with all those exams (and I'm still for one week...) but I really enjoyed those thrashy riffs. I'll probably buy their last album. And since I've watched the studio video, I can't stop smiling when I hear the famous "In an English country garden" at the when of the solo of "Teras"! :lol:

haha yeah, the english country garden bit makes me smile too.
and we're on the same boat in terms of school. I wrote a paper yesterday and now I have to write another one today, 10 pages :erk:. and then I have my metaphysics final on thursday. finals week sucks. but good luck on the rest of your exams!

Does anyone know where this show was? And where i can find more videos from that show or the entire set?

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone ever played an Ibanez RG2550Z? I was thinking of getting one, lately, but I'm not sure. I know it has an Edge Zero, which are (I think) as good as original floyds.