Guitar Player's Thread

Paul Gilbert's new signature PGM, the PGM 401

http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_pgm401_tfb.htm

221754.jpg

Woo, i liked that

Both are 3 notes per beat but the first ones each last 1/3 of beat and the second ones are 16th-16th-8th notes. And how do you call 6 notes per beat?

sextuplets would imply that they are all the same duration. As well, they would be all beamed together. that isn't a sextuplet.

As the end of the week draws nearer I'm saying FUCK SCHOOL WORK ITS ABOUT TIME I PLAY SOME GUITAR FOR ONCE!

I tweaked up a good "bodom" patch on my line6 gearbox and I'm rocking the headphones so no one can yell at me at 2am haha

1167395_800.jpg

27 frets wtf

I always like to start out with older albums cuz they tend to be better. And I actually prefer the old-school production :lol:. I'll get Destroy Erase Improve first.

sextuplets would imply that they are all the same duration. As well, they would be all beamed together. that isn't a sextuplet.

Yeah, I know that, but thank you. I "studied" music theory during 5 years but from 7 to 12 so I didn't learn that much because of those lessons for children. Actually, my problem was about how those patterns are called in English and I've got my answers. Thanks! :)

About Meshuggah, I was offered "obZen" for my 16th birthday. I've discovered Meshuggah with that album and I've just listened to it once because it seemed so long and boring. Maybe I should give it a new chance.

Yeah!!! I'm surprised I like it actually :lol: This isn't really the type of music I listen to.

It looks like we keep forgetting about the Christmas forum jam that we planned out like months ago. But if you guys are still interested, I have some christmas BTs that were sent to me thanks to the Line 6 newsletter I get. Check them out and see if you like them. If enough people are up for it, we can vote on the best one to use as our backing track for the Christmas Jam.

Deck The Halls- Rock

Deck The Halls- Blues

Nutcracker (including lead gtr) (I included the lead guitars in here just to give you an idea of what it can sound like)

Nutcracker BT

Silent Night BT