Guitar Player's Thread

It looks like we keep forgetting about the Christmas forum jam that we planned out like months ago. But if you guys are still interested, I have some christmas BTs that were sent to me thanks to the Line 6 newsletter I get. Check them out and see if you like them. If enough people are up for it, we can vote on the best one to use as our backing track for the Christmas Jam.

Deck The Halls- Rock

Deck The Halls- Blues

Nutcracker (including lead gtr) (I included the lead guitars in here just to give you an idea of what it can sound like)

Nutcracker BT

Silent Night BT

My favourites ones are "Deck The Halls (Blues)" and "Silent Night (Rock)". ;)

I stumbled across this video on youtube. It's one of the guitarists from killswitch engage, which i don't like, but that lick is pretty cool, and the caparison is just awesome!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuO_p_6BlEE&feature=rec-HM-fresh+div[/ame]

great tone, cool lick - and great Caparison!

btw: I've finished painting my project guitar. The swamp finish alla Caparison looks fucking awesome! It now needs a clear coat.
Before I can assemble it though, I need to recieve my clear pickguard, floyd shims and an ESP Arming Adjuster I just ordered.
It's got the highest steel frets warmoth offers, fully oiled neck, and it's got the big brass L sustain block.
Hopefully it will sound as good as it looks!

Pictures to come - probably when clearcoated.

btw: I've finished painting my project guitar. The swamp finish alla Caparison looks fucking awesome! It now needs a clear coat.
Before I can assemble it though, I need to recieve my clear pickguard, floyd shims and an ESP Arming Adjuster I just ordered.
It's got the highest steel frets warmoth offers, fully oiled neck, and it's got the big brass L sustain block.

This sounds quite awesome. :kickass:

Shit man are you a luthier?:lol:

Shit man are you a luthier?:lol:

No way :p
But I've been working with wood and stuff since I was very little - and my father is in fact also (besides being hundreds of other things) a luthier - educated and stuff. So I learned alot.

Anyways - the stuff I am doing here is pretty easy for normal people.

It'll hopefully kick ass in the end. The only worry I have is the details of the warmoth parts and if it'll play really good in the end. But from videos like these: I conclude that it's good enough for me :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Good player overall, but he's timing is way off in this piece. Sounds hardly anything like the real thing because he's got not lock in with the timing of the drums and no accents or anything. He plays alot of it out of time, even though on its own, it'd be accurate. And I'm not too keen on his vibrato either.

Good player overall, but he's timing is way off in this piece. Sounds hardly anything like the real thing because he's got not lock in with the timing of the drums and no accents or anything. He plays alot of it out of time, even though on its own, it'd be accurate. And I'm not too keen on his vibrato either.

it's not the style really - but the fact that he is able to easily play the high frets. Now, I have only played a few number of guitars but on my Ibanez i know I am not limited by quality. I want it the same way with the warmoth. Only my abilities as a guitar player should be the limiter.
Vibrato should be really easy with the higher frets too (not that I can't easily bend on my Ibanez already :p).

Oh sorry, I am so brain dead, I did download them all but didn't really decide which one I liked the most. I'll have another listen to them all and post again later on tonight! I think another jam is definitely in order!!

Oh man I'm finally home from school for break. It feels so good to have all my guitars and amps around and to sleep in a big bed again haha.

I start working at the evil grocery store again next week, but I'm saving up money to record real drums so it'll be worth it

I think I like Deck the Halls- Rock the best.

But judging from the lack of responses (inhe and mitch, I'm surprised you guys didn't mention any of them!) I guess there will be no holiday jam.

haha, i've been busy with school these past days to check back and actually give a listen. But now school is out for winter break and i am suuuuper happy. You know I am down. I like Deck The Halls too. We are doin that one.

Whoring some of my gear, to get extra money for recording equipment:

Just put my Dunlop Rotovibe on ebay.

US Buyers only
http://cgi.ebay.com/Dunlop-Rotovibe...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

Also selling soon:
EMG 81/85 Set
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Foot Controller
Behringer Virtualizer Pro rack FX Processer

Anyways!
Today I tried running my Marshall cab in stereo, using the DSL1000 and the GP-1000 at the SAME TIME! Sounded pretty cool mixed together.
I think one of the speakers on my cab is blown. A few months ago I switched one of the celestions out with a peavey speaker from my small tube combo (wanted to have a better speaker in the combo) and I scratched the peavey speaker taking it out I think it just kept ripping overtime, damn.

We are having a blizzard here and I'm about to go to the thrift store to buy a really bad xmas sweater for my drummer's xmas party tomorrow (hes fully jewish so i don't know why hes having one, probably wants to trick people into giving him jew gold har har)

No because I accidentally left my good mics at school!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm real pissed because I am recording stuff with my new band in January, and i don't have my sm57 or my audio technica condenser to do vocals

I may just end up renting shit for a week

Edit:
Stuck my EMG 81/85 set on Ebay now, starting at $99 for the pair, again US only sorry guys :(
http://cgi.ebay.com/EMG-ZW-81-85-Set-Active-Pickups-Zakk-Wylde-Kerry-King_W0QQitemZ180315247881QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item180315247881&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

No because I accidentally left my good mics at school!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm real pissed because I am recording stuff with my new band in January, and i don't have my sm57 or my audio technica condenser to do vocals

I may just end up renting shit for a week

Edit:
Stuck my EMG 81/85 set on Ebay now, starting at $99 for the pair, again US only sorry guys :(
http://cgi.ebay.com/EMG-ZW-81-85-Set-Active-Pickups-Zakk-Wylde-Kerry-King_W0QQitemZ180315247881QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item180315247881&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

That sucks (about the mics, not the auction :p).

I recently turned my distortion down a whole lot - and even though I've always been satisfied with the LJs distortion now it just ROCKS!

It's less distortion than on Hatebreeder - wich were kinda the point where I were before - but the tone is so much punchier, more organic. Actually reminds me of Dokkens Under Lock N Key meets Freak Kitchens Organic. Rocking!
Also really good for dynamics! Especially together with the tortex 0.60 mm. Real crunchy, real dynamic.
Not good for sloppy playing though, but that's only a good thing :p

Yea man, the "Volume" knob also acts as sort of an input gain knob too, I found if you keep it at like 2 or 3 o'clock you get a cleaner sounding distortion that I like a lot.

Idk about that - I don't have the GP-1000. I have the XLS-500. They're very similar sounding imo - and probably pretty identical. I believe the XLS has got more gain though.
Drive and or gain here is controlled by "more" and preamp. One works as a distortion structure knob, and the second to add gain.
Of course it's also got the built in master attenuator. Wich I don't really use, 'cus I don't really use my XLS without cranking it and I practice on my Roland Microcube.

Anyways - I really love it. When I get myself the Ultimate Bench Warrior I am gonna read a whole lot and be able to keep my XLS running forever. And maybe even build one myself. :p