Guitar Player's Thread

^i would take the golden myself

i have a questchon for you guy too!!1!!
how many of you can read music/sheet music/music notation?(i really don't know how to call it)
like this

Hmm i can read bass clef and treble clef.

2 nights ago i saw arsis live. it was okay. Their singer and guitar player always did the solos without picking but only used one finger to tap with, like eight finger tapping only with 5 fingers. Do you guys have some licks I could practice this technique? like the kuuden kielen blabla version of the hellion.

@ R34p3r: Don't listen to your friends.

@ Vikk: I can but I can't really play a song while reading the sheet. I first have to read it and pay attention to everything and then I can give it a try. But music sheets are not very handy for playing guitar. I mean, there are so much different places were you can play the same note, so much fingerings... And what pisses me off with music sheets are the b or # at the key. I always forget that I have to play those notes flat or sharp if it's not written just before the note.

I agree, a tabulature makes more sense, but ONLY if you have the rhythm notations on the sheet, like in Guitar Pro. Otherwise, it's shit.

But everyone should keep in mind that it's absolutely necessary to be able to read and write notations if you want other musicians like keyboarders to learn your stuff. AND theoretical relations can be depicted MUCH clearer, e.g. intervals, chord and scale structures etc.

Yeah, I remember when I first tried to play electric guitar with TXT files... And of course, knowing at least a little bit of musical theory and being able to read notes are quite important if you want to talk about music with musicians. It seems that guitarists are the only ones who don't give a damn about musical theory and when they have to talk with other musicians, they just can't.

Yeah, I remember when I first tried to play electric guitar with TXT files... And of course, knowing at least a little bit of musical theory and being able to read notes are quite important if you want to talk about music with musicians. It seems that guitarists are the only ones who don't give a damn about musical theory and when they have to talk with other musicians, they just can't.

Well I think drummers are even worse.

So much great musicians could even read notes but wrote so great music so it's not 100% necessary. One the one hand respecting theory inhibits you like using one notes of the scale. On the other hand you can save much time when you can read rhythms and know about harmony.

free_sheet_music.jpg

what does the mf mp and sim. mean?

mf = mezzo forte = moderately loud
mp = mezzo piano = moderately soft
sim. = simile = play in the same manner

@R34p3r: The UX1 (and UX2 and GX) comes with a modelling software called Gearbox. I only used Gearbox in that video, but I sometimes use my amp as a monitor. But that has NO effect of the sound in the video:)

And thanks!

And.. Your friend is pretteh fucken ghey, gold is the most sexy hardware you can have on black guitars. :)

Just look at my guitar, pretty hot ain't it?:lol: