Guitar Player's Thread

^i would take the golden myself
@ R34p3r: Don't listen to your friends.
@reaper:I think both look nice but the chrome hardware looks cooler IMO.
I guess its just a matter of opinion^^

@R34p3r: The UX1 (and UX2 and GX) comes with a modelling software called Gearbox. I only used Gearbox in that video, but I sometimes use my amp as a monitor. But that has NO effect of the sound in the video:)

And thanks!

And.. Your friend is pretteh fucken ghey, gold is the most sexy hardware you can have on black guitars. :)

Just look at my guitar, pretty hot ain't it?:lol:

yaay it does! (just watched some vids on youtube :kickass:)
so im prob gonna get the gold one :kickass:
thanx 4 you advices :)

btw if anyone is interested, there is an gp 1000 for sale riiiiiiight here:
http://nashville.craigslist.org/msg/943872578.html
and its only 150$ !!!

dunno this site, where its from ect... tried to email that guy, but unfortunately it never worked somehow :lol: mailer demon shit^^
but mayb one of you guys get more lucky with it

If you didn't know, IA switched to True Temperament frets aswell:
Blog-Musik-AHO.jpg

Ooh,that's a cool one.:headbang:

I'd say the chrome looks the best on THAT guitar, but gold looks the best on most others, imo.

And I recorded some vids of some COB solos:
[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-O0g9RHddhI&fmt=18]Hellhounds On My Trail Solo[/ame]
[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QAS7cm0A89Y&fmt=18]Punch Me I Bleed Solo[/ame]
[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hEdlHDT9YBg&fmt=18]Are You Dead Yet? Solo[/ame]

I saw them last night! Pretty nice play. You seem to really like that T-shirt and the jacket! By the way, do you pick the strings with a right angle? I mean, it looks like you use the side of the pick.

By picking the strings at a slight angle you get a sharper attack to your tone. Paul Gilbert explains this in one of his instructional videos.

Thanks boys, glad you enjoyed 'em, at least. :)

And yeah, Mick's right, I tilt the pick a bit so it's basically hitting the string at a 45 degree angle. Tone is great with the Jazz III picks!

I'm subscribed, so i've already seen them, awesome job!

Your korg pandora sounds awesome as always. They must have changed something from the normal px4 to do the px4d, for the worse.

Ah cheers man! I think you should do some new vids, haven't seen anything from you in a while!

And I'm not sure what's going on with the PX4D, apparantly Steve Vai uses it, so I guess it's just the settings you use or something. Also, keep in mind I have a JE-1200 in there too along with a J-50BC, so that's got something to do with it. I prefer this tone to that of my Ibanez.

And yeah, Mick's right, I tilt the pick a bit so it's basically hitting the string at a 45 degree angle. Tone is great with the Jazz III picks!

I've heard this from some guitarist friends of mine actually. Do you angle the pick for better attack for just soloing and leads, or everything?

I'm trying it now, feels hella-akward, but I can hear a slight improvement on sound, which isn't really saying much seeing I'm using a stolen Fender practice amp out of some kids starter kit. :(

Now that finals are over and I have a break from university, I might record some videos! Any suggestions? I thought maybe Scarified (I can play everything but the solo section), Seven Tongues of God by Nevermore (fairly simple thrash song, aside from a stupidly fast whole tone shred thing in the solo), or a CoB song. I thought maybe Kissing the Shadows; I can play everything but once I reach the solo I am surely going to fuck up if I try to do everything in one take, and I don't want to do the split-screen/different take deal.

I have the tortex picks and I like the way they feel. Jazz III's are nice too, but I think the best picks I have played are these "Heavy" white Fender picks. They are about 1mm or slighty less, so I don't know why they are called heavy.

I use Ultex jazz III's, definitely my prefered pick.

Except the colour makes them really hard to find sometimes :lol:

I use Ultex jazz III's, definitely my prefered pick.

Except the colour makes them really hard to find sometimes :lol:

Playing wise, they're my favorite too. And yeah - they're a bitch to find, and they cost more than normal picks. COMBO!

Tone wise though, I prefer the black Jazz IIIs and the 60mm Tortex. I mainly use the jazz IIIs though - easier to play with :p