Guitar Player's Thread

So.... Why is everyone shitting themselves over a simple name change? It's not like they're going to stop producing anything.

So.... Why is everyone shitting themselves over a simple name change? It's not like they're going to stop producing anything.

I refuse to use something that says "Fryette"

Can't help but imagine Fry from futurama dressing like a tranny

But i'm not using or planning to use VHT anyways. Still, it just sounds like a bad joke

CHRISTMAS IS HERE!!!

And damn good things it brought:

-Line 6 Toneport UX2
-Korg Pandora PX4D
-30 brand new Jazz III picks so I have picks for a looooong time (6 from the red ons and 24 from the black ones, cos I already like the black ones but don't know the difference between both and want to try)
-Alexi Rockhouse DVDs

Now I just have to talk to the damn luthier and get the J50BC installed :kickass:

I think I like Deck the Halls- Rock the best.

But judging from the lack of responses (inhe and mitch, I'm surprised you guys didn't mention any of them!) I guess there will be no holiday jam.

Got them but...

Oh sorry, I am so brain dead, I did download them all but didn't really decide which one I liked the most. I'll have another listen to them all and post again later on tonight! I think another jam is definitely in order!!

...this :)

Oh man I'm finally home from school for break. It feels so good to have all my guitars and amps around and to sleep in a big bed again haha.

I start working at the evil grocery store again next week, but I'm saving up money to record real drums so it'll be worth it

Real drums for what?

Ok guise and guisettes I just got my Toneport UX1 and i'm ready to RECAWRD!:kickass:

What do you say if we jam to this baby?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3a6yk0

I'ts in D, i think, dunno i'm a cat

I'm seeing great potential for awesome holiday jam:kickass:

Jingle Bells!!! Awesome! Not heard the bt still, but everyone knows that one :lol:

Yes, since my main PC got back, I didn't have the preset, but I remember what you said, so I tweaked till I got this:)

It's sloppy alrite, but I really did just one take and didn't give a FUCK about the sloppiness, it was mostly to demonstrate the sound:D

Also, take a look at this, I covered a song from my band:

don't play it, click the link because it sucks with mono sound)

:)

http:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOry-M-h8e0&fmt=18

Cool tone, playing and riffs!

ESP SV hardware thing

GOLD. Seriously. I never really understood why Alexi changed it in his ESP Sawtooth.

^i would take the golden myself

i have a questchon for you guy too!!1!!
how many of you can read music/sheet music/music notation?(i really don't know how to call it)
like this

I can read it but like really slow and reading beforehand and then memorise it. But no way read it and hit even 5% of correct notes at first read.

Ah cheers man! I think you should do some new vids, haven't seen anything from you in a while!

And I'm not sure what's going on with the PX4D, apparantly Steve Vai uses it, so I guess it's just the settings you use or something. Also, keep in mind I have a JE-1200 in there too along with a J-50BC, so that's got something to do with it. I prefer this tone to that of my Ibanez.

I don't think they've ''worsened'' it :ill: BTW, you really have a JE-1200? Did I miss something?

Real drums for what?
I think you will like the UX2 alot!

and about the drums, I'm getting more and more into recording and a lot of people don't know it here but I also play drums in addition to guitar and I've wanted to get into recording real drums for a while. I'm going to try to practice a lot over break because no drums for me when I'm living at school :(

Also my band is going to start recording our album in January at my house and for now we are going to use programmed drums just so we have something to give to our drummer to learn and then we are going to replace the programmed drums with his real performance.

I should get a big first paycheck from going back to work for break this week, plus any money i get from the fam for christmas, plus I got shit on ebay so heres my "christmas list" of stuff I want to buy in the next month or so:

-New interface! Tascam US-1641 (Woo 16 inputs!)
-A bunch of Neutrik cable parts to make my own mic cables (way cheaper then buying them, great quality)
-Shure SM7B (great for rock/metal vocals)
-New recording/mixing desk for my basement with like rackmounts and shiat
-New cymbals and drumheads.

I also wanted to get drum mics but I'm debating just buying a bunch of drum triggers and some overhead mics, because I don't have a great sounding basement to record drums with and I'd probably end up replacing the drums with samples anyways. I heard some good results from a guy using overhead mics to record the cymbals and then use triggers to record all the drum hits and then using Addictive Drums or DFHSuperior for the snare/toms/kick. Kind of like recording an electric drum set but with real drums instead of pads and recording the cymbals.

I probably wont end up getting all that shit and spending half the money on beer instead :lol:

Yeah, heres my shitty drum set that I got when I was 10 haha

IMG_2877.jpg

The drums themselves are actually not too bad, Just needs some new heads and I'm thinking about buying a new wooden snare drum.

The cymbals are all SHIT though haha except for one.

Jose, if the luthier charges you stupid amounts of money, don't give it to him. Installing a J-50BC is SO easy. You just look in the back to see which wire is coming from the pickup, see what it's connected to, unsolder it, pull it out, put the new one in and thread the wire through, solder the new wires to the positions the old one was in, done.

you're talking to guitar players, mitch. you act like we know what we are doing.

:lol: Fair enough! But I know how things like that happen. You don't know what you're doing, but they tell you that they do so they'll charge you anything that they think is "reasonable" for their "hard work".

Yeah, heres my shitty drum set that I got when I was 10 haha
The drums themselves are actually not too bad, Just needs some new heads and I'm thinking about buying a new wooden snare drum.

The cymbals are all SHIT though haha except for one.

Well, the Peal (yes, I haven't missed an ''r'', it was Peal) our drummer originally had sure was worse than that :lol:

Jose, if the luthier charges you stupid amounts of money, don't give it to him. Installing a J-50BC is SO easy. You just look in the back to see which wire is coming from the pickup, see what it's connected to, unsolder it, pull it out, put the new one in and thread the wire through, solder the new wires to the positions the old one was in, done.

Well, I don't have a solderer neither I'm that good at working with that stuff, so I'll take anything not over 50€ I supose, because also I think I have to change my volume pot cos I have an active EMG in there and the J50BC is a passive, am I right?