Guitar Player's Thread

Now that finals are over and I have a break from university, I might record some videos! Any suggestions? I thought maybe Scarified (I can play everything but the solo section), Seven Tongues of God by Nevermore (fairly simple thrash song, aside from a stupidly fast whole tone shred thing in the solo), or a CoB song. I thought maybe Kissing the Shadows; I can play everything but once I reach the solo I am surely going to fuck up if I try to do everything in one take, and I don't want to do the split-screen/different take deal.
Yes, do some recordings! "Scarified" would be really nice, in my opinion (and not because I only like it a lot)... and what about hmm errr *cough* "End Of The Beginning" *cough* or something easy like that, yes! :D *jokes*
No, but seriously, any recording is appreciated.

Guitarplayers, do recordings... diz thread needz dem!! :)

I have the tortex picks and I like the way they feel. Jazz III's are nice too, but I think the best picks I have played are these "Heavy" white Fender picks. They are about 1mm or slighty less, so I don't know why they are called heavy.
Yesh, I have those Fenders picks too, and I gotta say you're right... I wondered the same!

Haha, i used to use Jazz III's all the time, and now i can't stop using these:

dun-473p15_sm.jpg

Dunlop triangle stubby 1.5mm

Everything else feels frail and insufficient now :s

that's a nice alternative.
Only reason I don't feel like trying it out, is that I really hate the pick attack sound from stubbys as compared to the Jazz III.

┼Victim of the Night┼;7905611 said:
Yes, do some recordings! "Scarified" would be really nice, in my opinion (and not because I only like it a lot)... and what about hmm errr *cough* "End Of The Beginning" *cough* or something easy like that, yes!
biggrin.gif
*jokes*
No, but seriously, any recording is appreciated.

Since no else responded, Scarified it is!

I can't find the usb cable for my camcorder and I think I will just wait until my Superior Drums 2.0 torrent (thanks Muffin, haha!) finishes downloading, which should only take one more day. That way I can create a professional sounding drum track and I have more room to improvise over the solo section, that is if I choose to record that far into the song :lol: Time to practice those fast solos... o_O

Mitch, can you tell me how you record with your webcam and get good sound? What I was going to do was use my computer's speakers as like my amplifier and place the camera's mic close to the speaker :lol: Do you open Cool Edit and press record while you play and synchronize later?

but still i was quit sure about getting the golden one but then a good friend of mine told me that it looks rather gheeey and doesn't really fit for a guitar in general :erk:

EDIT: just forgot the pictures :rofl:
here you go:
814723_800.jpg
ESP_SV-Standard-Black.jpg

Don't listen to what anyone says. Get what you like and be original. Don't try to make someone else happy, because you are the one paying for it afterall.
That is a sexy ass guitar though. There is a guy on youtube that has that and does some great wintersun and bodom covers and I think it sounds pretty good.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozA234H0vFU&feature=related[/ame]

Since no else responded, Scarified it is!

I can't find the usb cable for my camcorder and I think I will just wait until my Superior Drums 2.0 torrent (thanks Muffin, haha!) finishes downloading, which should only take one more day. That way I can create a professional sounding drum track and I have more room to improvise over the solo section, that is if I choose to record that far into the song :lol: Time to practice those fast solos... o_O

Mitch, can you tell me how you record with your webcam and get good sound? What I was going to do was use my computer's speakers as like my amplifier and place the camera's mic close to the speaker :lol: Do you open Cool Edit and press record while you play and synchronize later?

There are 2 ways I use,

1. Open up editing program (Cool Edit, Sony Vegas etc..) set sound on recording. Set webcam on recording. Sync both manually in chosen program. -This takes the most time but is the best way if you have a laggy camera.

Set recording program to capture video, and audio. Considered you have a guitar-hardware/microphone connected. Sync manually or if you ahve a good cam, don't.

In your situation I would do this.

-Take a backing track intro recording program, record your guitar over the backing track. Place the mic near the speakers (considering your guitar sound come out there?). USE HEADPHONES, so the recording won't mess up..:lol:

Would you like to be my pet?

Yeah:oops:

┼Victim of the Night┼;7907284 said:
^ Nice job, Ensi chickcat.

Thanks !! :)

Harmony Central said:
Effective January 1, 2009 VHT Amplification, Inc., will be known as Fryette Amplification, a division of Steven Fryette Design, Inc. Fryette Amplification will continue to manufacture all of the VHT models currently in production including the award winning Sig:X amplifier, Deliverance amplifiers and speaker cabinets, Pittbull Ultra-Lead amplifier, FatBottom speaker cabinets, Two/Fifty/Two and Two/Ninety/Two power amps and Valvulator I Buffer + Power Supply.

In making the name change, founder and CEO Steven Fryette states: "Much like a musician who finds his own voice, my more recent designs have really captured what I've been searching for ever since starting VHT 20 years ago. These designs represent my personal vision of how an amplifier can interact with a player in a truly musical way. We'll be introducing the Memphis Series amplifiers at Winter NAMM and these new products exemplify the use of our patented technology, years of experience and commitment to quality all in an affordable format. For years I have thought about putting my name on a product and finally I feel comfortable enough to do just that."

As Steven Fryette Design Inc., Fryette plans on continuing working with others as a design consultant in addition to building Fryette Amplifiers and accessories. "Earlier this year, I had consulted with AXL and thoroughly enjoyed the experience of working with another manufacturer. In a surprise move, AXL offered to buy the trademarked VHT brand name and logo. They will now manufacture their own product under that name. The offer to buy was also an opportunity to rebrand the company under my name." says Fryette. All of the original VHT intellectual property, patents, designs, and trade dress have been retained by Steven Fryette Design, Inc.

Contact Info:
Fryette Amplification
1201 South Flower Street
Burbank, CA
Phone (818) 846-4000
Fax (818) 846-4040
info@sfdamp.com

From: http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2008/VHT-Changes-Name.html