Guitar Player's Thread

I have my thumb over the neck almost all the time :lol:

And this thread could need some pics. really.

Pics are always related.

so here are some guitars, just for looks:) Took the pics at work:

DSC00172.jpg

DSC00151.jpg

Yeah my pay sucks because I have a "work experience period", which means I'm there for the experience, not the money. I get about 45$ a day (not from the store, from this.. welfare/jobless thingy, dunno), I work 7 and a half hours everyday except saturday and sunday. In some cases I work on saturdays too.

Also, look what I picked up at the post office today!

202719.jpg

^^Why so many and of different types? :lol:

And BTW, in your guitar pics, have you tried/is it any good the guitar which is in the middle on the 2nd pic?

I'd like to help you, but I never achieved a leadtone I'm happy with, at least not for metal.

You won't by any chance have any nice moderately distorted rock tone will you? I recently joined a rock band and I have some recordings to do and a couple of gigs coming and I desperately need something different from my heavily distorted death metal tone and my Bodom tone :lol: If you don't want to, don't give me your whole preset, but if you could at least give me some basic guidelines it'd be great, cos I'd never bothered to make one before and now I'm kinda in a rush.

I just bought a harmonica:kickass:

:kickass: Do you know how to play it or you bought it for fun and to try and learn a bit?

^12 years of strings^^

Moar like one year:kickass:

^^Why so many and of different types? :lol:

-Beefy Slinky 11-54 for my Jackson RR Stars in D standard and Drop C
-Not Even Slinky 12-56 for my Jackson JS30 RR in C# standard and ecerything below
-Skinny Top Heavy Bottom 10-52 for my Kramer in E standard and Drop D
-Regular Slinky for my old Morgan Les Paul copy, which my uncle/cousin owns now. It needs new strings and some cleaning!!:kickass:

:)

And BTW, in your guitar pics, have you tried/is it any good the guitar which is in the middle on the 2nd pic?

It's some limited ass model.

It feels cheap. Nothing special but not total crap:)

:kickass: Do you know how to play it or you bought it for fun and to try and learn a bit?

Bought it for fun, and i'm gonna (try to) learn how to play it! :kickass:

^That'e be awesome :lol:

BTW Mitch, after so much stress on the last days getting the songs done maybe in a couple of weeks (so heads get a bit of rest after melting while composing the songs) we could start a new Jam to lighten things up and have some fun goign nuts over a weird BT this time, what do you think?

Moar like one year:kickass:

-Beefy Slinky 11-54 for my Jackson RR Stars in D standard and Drop C
-Not Even Slinky 12-56 for my Jackson JS30 RR in C# standard and ecerything below
-Skinny Top Heavy Bottom 10-52 for my Kramer in E standard and Drop D
-Regular Slinky for my old Morgan Les Paul copy, which my uncle/cousin owns now. It needs new strings and some cleaning!!:kickass:

:)

It's some limited ass model.

It feels cheap. Nothing special but not total crap:)

Bought it for fun, and i'm gonna (try to) learn how to play it! :kickass:

Hmm, now I understand the string thing. damn I wish I had as many guitars as you do. With only one guitar it's a pain in the ass to change tunings so I only move between D standard and drop C, and some times C# for some Vader and Behemoth :kickass:

Thanks about the Ibanez info, I wanted to try it, but if it's just a cheap model with fancy colours then I won't bother :)

^That'e be awesome :lol:

BTW Mitch, after so much stress on the last days getting the songs done maybe in a couple of weeks (so heads get a bit of rest after melting while composing the songs) we could start a new Jam to lighten things up and have some fun goign nuts over a weird BT this time, what do you think?

Sounds good to me.

I kinda forgot to really get a jam started over those Xmas BT's, but imo, they weren't really that great because they had the original themes and it was hard to play over it. I dno.

Kinda, and also Christmas is over so now it would be a bit off season maybe :lol:

Maybe we could try and dedicate that ''composing break'' :)lol:) I was talking about to think about the backing track. I would like to try something not metal/rock this time, what do you people think?

What you also can't see in ensi's picture is that it has gay little flowers on the pickguard.

:erk: I like Vai's fretboard design, but I wouldn't like gay flowers around. Thanks for the info.

As far as I know, it's only the plastic covering the pickguard that has ghey flowers.

I can check it tomorrow if you want to. :)

Yeah check it please :)

I would like to try something new, also. I have a few from last time that we haven't used yet, and I'm sure there's some others on the net somewhere that are nice.

Yep. I don't have time this week cos I have 3 tests and two tasks to hand in, but I can help looking for something during the weekend maybe :)

Now I'm off to study, wish me luck people, specially for my german test, I have no clue what the fuck I'm going to do about that one, cos I really don't think it's possible to learn basic german in 3 days :lol:

If you want I can be in MSN a bit more often, so if you have questions... :)

And about the jam: I still have this Waltari cover of "The Dawning Of Doom" (Die Krupps), it's the one over which Janne and Alexi jammed at last years NAMM. I can upload it if someone wants to have it to edit it (necessary to turn it into a playback).

Yeah my pay sucks because I have a "work experience period", which means I'm there for the experience, not the money. I get about 45$ a day (not from the store, from this.. welfare/jobless thingy, dunno), I work 7 and a half hours everyday except saturday and sunday. In some cases I work on saturdays too.

so...you don't go to school anymore?

and I'm disappointed in you people. no one cared about the christmas jam :mad:

And about the jam: I still have this Waltari cover of "The Dawning Of Doom" (Die Krupps), it's the one over which Janne and Alexi jammed at last years NAMM. I can upload it if someone wants to have it to edit it (necessary to turn it into a playback).

Yes corny, that backing was awesome!