Guitar Player's Thread

:erk: I like Vai's fretboard design, but I wouldn't like gay flowers around. Thanks for the info.

Yeah check it please :)

Hey man, i'm at work atm. It's an RG08LTD-JPB. It had another tag on it tho, it said RGR, and the second "R" stands for Reversed (headstock) so I think that's just a misplacement of tags.

I'm sorry to inform the ghey flowers were actually on the pickguard:erk:

so...you don't go to school anymore?

and I'm disappointed in you people. no one cared about the christmas jam :mad:

No, I don't. I chose the electrician subject, which was a mistake. It had way too much maths and theory for my mind. Also, the school was shit, EVEYRONE was rednecks and/or corny people. Ugh:erk:

So now I quit, and started to work. Going to start up school next year tho! Musicians subject!

Fuck yeahh

And the x-mas jam: I posted a backing track:mad: IT WAS AWESOME:mad:

I've asked James Malone from ARSIS about his online guitar lessons. He told me how it works:

James Malone (ARSIS) said:
Sorry for the delayed response, I do appreciate your interest in the online lessons and your email. There 2 ways
that I was hoping to conduct the online lessons; the first of which would involve the use of a web cam. The idea
being that we could both sign onto skype or a similar messaging program and have the lesson this way. The rate for
this would be $30 an hour. I would supliment these lessons with guitar pro files covering all the musical ideas
that we covered in the lesson. Payment would be accepted via paypal. The hours I am available for such lessons
are Monday through Friday, 1pm to 6pm Eastern Standard time. An alternate way to conduct the lessons online would
involve email and guitar pro files only. In this case, I would hope to answer musical questions you may have,
cover technique and theory, teach Arsis songs and explain my thought process behind them, using only email and
Guitar Pro files. My rate for one these lessons would be $20 a lesson. Again, payment would be accepted via
paypal. Thanks again for your interest and let me know if sounds like something that may be of some benefit to you
as a musician,

James

I don't know many guitarists who do something like that, but it seems like it's an easy way to make some money.:)

Bjorn Strid from Soilwork is doing a similar thing with vocal coaching. He's meeting with people for an hour each at all of their tour stops to provide instruction at a flat rate. Again, great way to earn some cash, and for those participating, good way to learn proper technique from one of the best.

Bjorn Strid from Soilwork is doing a similar thing with vocal coaching. He's meeting with people for an hour each at all of their tour stops to provide instruction at a flat rate. Again, great way to earn some cash, and for those participating, good way to learn proper technique from one of the best.

Alexander from cob too, but I mean, it's a small minority.

Im about to kill someone,

Half of my out-of-town bandmates are up for a few days to start recording our demo, we get the guitars for one song done and my GP-1000 dies. It just wont turn on and its not the fuse. im so fucking pissed

I do but I left my tube screamer at school and it sounds like shit for heavier metal without it, plus we are crammed on time, so we are going to use amp modeling so we can finish up at night and not wake people up

HAHA I lost so much time today...I did a pokemon tab! but it's like impossible to play...because I made it special. I combined tracks together! Lol at it if you want or learn it: http://www.sendspace.com/file/f4v9po

If you fucking learn this and play it perfectly on Youtube, you'll inherit my deeds when I die.
Even RSE can't play it clean.

HAHA I lost so much time today...I did a pokemon tab! but it's like impossible to play...because I made it special. I combined tracks together! Lol at it if you want or learn it: http://www.sendspace.com/file/f4v9po

If you fucking learn this and play it perfectly on Youtube, you'll inherit my deeds when I die.
Even RSE can't play it clean.

I chose to LOL at it. And LOL at it I did.

Im about to kill someone,

Half of my out-of-town bandmates are up for a few days to start recording our demo, we get the guitars for one song done and my GP-1000 dies. It just wont turn on and its not the fuse. im so fucking pissed

- Does the power light go on?
- Are the tube's glowing?
- Do you have any sound, hum or noise when it's on?
- Does it respond on (volume)control's? Buzz/noise/crackling when turning the pots?

^:lol:

New Paul Gilbert interview online:
http://www.alloutguitar.com/interview/artists_and_bands/paul_gilbert_interview_master_shred?page=0,0

Maybe not very interesting for the PG maniacs who already read everything about him, but everyone else: read this.

I like these quotes alot:

But standard notation and even tablature is very difficult for me to sight read in 'real time'.

Talking playing for a while how proficient are you at music reading?
I am a rock guitarist, so I read music about as well as most classical musicians improvise over a blues progression.

What career path do you think you would have taken if you hadn't made it as a musician?
I was interested in dinosaurs when I was a kid, so I considered being a paleontologist, but I wasn't very good at digging, so I gave it up.

Thank you Corny!! I'll read it later!

Here are some promo pictures of the new Jackson guitars for 2009:

ADRIAN SMITH

l_b811c67bcad64c38a4399d6eb3f1f768.jpg

l_39852f0cf6094ff5ad60e5dd3619c460.jpg

l_9fd94587600b4fc2a95e7cf99f3cf431.jpg

MATT TUCK

l_ecac2eccccfc4fef89669a35a3978fa1.jpg

l_e90c80c15afe4201a2f0dc77645dcf84.jpg

l_161bc0a655bc4e32a24d193e6dcfc4ca.jpg