Guitar Player's Thread

Cheaper generaly means that compromises has been made. If its purely hardware, then i dont care, i mean that can be changed, but if theyve gone down in build quality and wood, then i'm disappointed

edit: about the jackson stars, lulz

Well it stays in tune, that's it. The tremolo arm never fitted and was always kinda loose, and some piece of metal broke off some months ago (inside the thingie to screw it on)

It might have the same specs as the OFR but quality is a lot less.

Mine is not loose :zombie: In fact...I can tighten it so much it stays in the angle i leave it. I haven't had one single problem with it yet.

When i got my RR24 the first thing i had to do was buy a new trem arm because the original was loose. The new one was tight but the screw would loosen while playing so you would have to find bits in songs where you could tighten it again :lol:. Now with my OFR it runs smoothly and never loosens.

I think you don't know how to make a tapped harmonic (or whatever it's called). You just have to tap the string like you do for a natural harmonic but with your right hand, 12 frets higher.

Or maybe you just wanted to tap the 24th fret. :lol2: The sweep picking bit was very nice!

I think you don't know how to make a tapped harmonic (or whatever it's called). You just have to tap the string like you do for a natural harmonic but with your right hand, 12 frets higher.

Or maybe you just wanted to tap the 24th fret. :lol2: The sweep picking bit was very nice!

Not necessarily. ;)

I don't think he was trying to do a tapped harmonic. Alexi does it in the solo for Sinergy's Laid To Rest, and he actually frets the note an octave higher instead of getting a harmonic. I do it too. It's the same thing as the end of the Bodom Beach Terror solo.

I think it was a great take, well done, Ensi.

the FRT-O2000 is a piece of shit:(
Yes it is, mine stays in the up position when I pull up on the whammy bar and I have to push down to make it go back to the original pitch and when I do that its out of tune and the whammy bar gets really loose some times.I can't afford to get a new fr right now though.

I'm thinking of getting my RR24 tuned and intonated to E because my strat that is usually tuned to E is falling apart and it sounds like shit for recordings.My RR24 is in D right now so is it a good idea to have it tuned to E until I can afford another guitar to change tunings?

The tremolo arm never fitted and was always kinda loose

When i got my RR24 the first thing i had to do was buy a new trem arm because the original was loose.

You two, to achieve this:

Mine is not loose :zombie: In fact...I can tighten it so much it stays in the angle i leave it. I haven't had one single problem with it yet.

Take some of this:

w4474lrgxj5.jpg

Tear off a tiny bit of it, and put it down the hole where the tremolo arm goes.

Works like a charm. Believe me, try it!

I wasn't trying to do a natural harmonic, I was trying to tap, as you said, but it didn't go so well:(

I don't think he was trying to do a tapped harmonic. Alexi does it in the solo for Sinergy's Laid To Rest, and he actually frets the note an octave higher instead of getting a harmonic. I do it too. It's the same thing as the end of the Bodom Beach Terror solo.

I think it was a great take, well done, Ensi.

Octave taps sound so great!

And thanks dude!! Means alot to me coming from you! You are one of my guitar idols (seriously):)

Goddamn Ensi that sweep is so fucking clean.

Thanks bunny!!:oops: I think I played it clean by mistake tho:erk:

Yes it is, mine stays in the up position when I pull up on the whammy bar and I have to push down to make it go back to the original pitch and when I do that its out of tune and the whammy bar gets really loose some times.I can't afford to get a new fr right now though.

I'm thinking of getting my RR24 tuned and intonated to E because my strat that is usually tuned to E is falling apart and it sounds like shit for recordings.My RR24 is in D right now so is it a good idea to have it tuned to E until I can afford another guitar to change tunings?

I've had the same problem. Raise the FR, and tuning goes to hell. Lower it, and it evens. And reverse.

I hadn't stretched my strings enough, have you?

And to answer your question, if you play mainly in E and really want it. Go for it. Changing tunings and intonating a FR guitar is easy, only the wimps complain how shit it is:cool: