Guitar Player's Thread

World-renowned guitar virtuoso Paul Gilbert has recorded this brand new studio album in collaboration with Freddie Nelson.
The CD, entitled "United States", contains ten tracks of high-energy hard rock, described as a cross between QUEEN and MR. BIG.
Out: 28/04/2009
feat_283_M+7278+2.JPG

:kickass:

I saw Paul Gilbert and then saw Freddie and underneath that, the word QUEEN, and I almost crap my pants :lol:

Okay today I decided I want to buy recording equipment. I would like to record clean vocals and guitar amps with it(record the actual amplifier) and maybe piano, violin, bass guitar. I thought about a SHURE SM57LC so I would need a power mixer too?
Or do recommend me something else? I dont want to pay more than 250-300€.

I'm really sorry to hear man, but at least you're ok and nothing happened you YOU on the car crash. Of course 500€ is quite some money, but you're ok, that's the most important thing. And about your files, I hope the solutions innuenDO gave you work. And also that your bad times end soon :)

You both STFU and donwload Cool Edit Pro 2! :lol::lol::lol:

No.

:lol: Had it for a while,used it and uninstalled because i got tired of fucking Midi drums and since CEP2 does not include support for VST i can't use EZD with it. Adobe Audition which is basically CEP3 does include that but the software is so clumsy i got tired of it. Now i got Reaper and Cakewalk Sonar. I can't use Cakewalk yet because it does not support my soundcard :lol:

Okay today I decided I want to buy recording equipment. I would like to record clean vocals and guitar amps with it(record the actual amplifier) and maybe piano, violin, bass guitar. I thought about a SHURE SM57LC so I would need a power mixer too?
Or do recommend me something else? I dont want to pay more than 250-300€.
You can try a SM58. It's basicly the same mic as the SM57, but the SM58 has a spit screen/round grill.

I have no experience with recording piano or violin, but bass guitar is (live) normally recorded with a D.I. You can get a cheap behringer one for 30$ or so.

I'd go for Shure SM57, which I did, cause I ordered one last tuesday. It's an awesome all around mic, good for guitars, piano.. all those midrange instruments. For vocals you're better off with condensatormics, but they're a lot more expensive. The JTS NX-7 is also a great mic, especially for it's price, but at you're budget I'd go for an sm57.
A good mic for bass (and bassdrums) is a shure Beta52A

EDIT: And you don't need a powermixer but a preamp.

EDIT2: Most of the time there's a preamp built in the audio interface.

(Copy/paste from a forum where I've posted)

Those new Jackson Stars are cheap! (Click on the pics)

- Jackson Stars RR-TN02 (Buy it now for 691,79€)
- Jackson Stars RR-TN02 (Buy it now for 917,77€)
- Jackson Stars RR-TN01 (Buy it now for 837,59€)
- Jackson Stars LIMITED RR-TN02 (Buy it now for 911,48€)

Jackson RR1 EDS (Buy it now for 1020,55€)

Jackson Soloist CS Doubleneck (Start at 1499,00€)

Jackson RR5 Natural (Buy it now for 872,75€)

Some more:

- Jackson Stars KE-TN02 BGF LIMITED (Buy it now for 721,74€)
- Jackson Stars KE-TN02 RGF LIMITED (Buy it now for 724,70€)
- Jackson Stars KV-TN02 (Buy it now for 777,26€)
- Jackson Stars RR-TN02 TRD (Buy it now for 702,49€)
- Jackson Stars RR-TN02 BGF LIMITED (Buy it now for 703,23€)
- Jackson Stars RR-TN02 BK/PD LIMITED (Buy it now for 813,53€)