Guitar Player's Thread

It's a folder. C:\Windows\System32. It slows the system down. Everyone who works professionally with audio recording, image processing, etc, deletes it.

These are not my days.

Days ago, I think I told you people, a borrowed gigbag with my Ibanez inside flew off my back so that it has a really ugly chip in the top now.
I have problems to pay the rent because of important expenses during the last months.
Yesterday, I slipped on the iced ground and fell hard on my bum (thank god not on my arms).

Yesterday, I wanted to drive to our rehearsal. The streets are iced these days and I thought I was slow enough - I wasn't. In a curve the car slipped away, made a 180° spin, glided backwards on the opposite lane, over a treestump beneath the road into the ditch. I'll have to pay "only" 500 Euro though because of the insurance. I have to say that I was lucky because there was no opposing traffic. If I had crashed into a car, something like Twisha's experience or worse would have happened. Oh and short hair for the win: The police said "You're not looking like a typical racer or rowdy, so we let you get away without paying or penalty points." And my girlfriend, who attended later to the place, knew the guy from the towing service so that he didn't charge anything.

Whatever, to top things off: I just reinstalled Cubase and probably lost (if noone can help me) all my recordings and ideas from the last 5 years (minus the mp3s).

I don't know what I've done, but something's wrong at the moment. :(:(:(

What!! I searched in google and in the description of a link it said

How do I delete system32 so I thought, hmm maybe I should do it :lol:

What!! I searched in google and in the description of a link it said

How do I delete system32 so I thought, hmm maybe I should do it :lol:

1224894003079.jpg

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/System32

The worst part is that I was about to tell my friends to do it so everyone would be like "God, this dude really knows his shit, I wish I could be like him".

Don't forget about latency ... that's a major factor when you are working with real-time audio.

What i'm saying. Use firewire if possible, it's much faster then USB(2).

A friend of mine has a Tascam US-1642. Pretty nice device, only it's USB.

Yeah I'm getting the Tascam US-1641 as soon as I have the extra cash. I just spent like 700 bucks on drum mics and I want to be able to record them!

Ok, downloading now. And computer noob here so...

What?

Don't listen to ensi. Sony Vegas is not made for recording songs :lol: Download Reaper. By far the most simple software you will find. Not the richest on effects and shit but its simple and usable.

These are not my days.

Days ago, I think I told you people, a borrowed gigbag with my Ibanez inside flew off my back so that it has a really ugly chip in the top now.
I have problems to pay the rent because of important expenses during the last months.
Yesterday, I slipped on the iced ground and fell hard on my bum (thank god not on my arms).

Yesterday, I wanted to drive to our rehearsal. The streets are iced these days and I thought I was slow enough - I wasn't. In a curve the car slipped away, made a 180° spin, glided backwards on the opposite lane, over a treestump beneath the road into the ditch. I'll have to pay "only" 500 Euro though because of the insurance. I have to say that I was lucky because there was no opposing traffic. If I had crashed into a car, something like Twisha's experience or worse would have happened. Oh and short hair for the win: The police said "You're not looking like a typical racer or rowdy, so we let you get away without paying or penalty points." And my girlfriend, who attended later to the place, knew the guy from the towing service so that he didn't charge anything.

Whatever, to top things off: I just reinstalled Cubase and probably lost (if noone can help me) all my recordings and ideas from the last 5 years (minus the mp3s).

You're very unlucky these days. Hopefully you're still alive and that's the only thing that matters after a car accident.

I'm afraid I can't help you to find your recordings back... Not because it's impossible but more because I don't know how one could do it.

The worst part is that I was about to tell my friends to do it so everyone would be like "God, this dude really knows his shit, I wish I could be like him".

Ensi, haven't you got owned this way? ... Painted ebony :p I'm still sorry for what happened though...

Ensi, haven't you got owned this way? ... Painted ebony :p I'm still sorry for what happened though...

Not with system32:p

Ok people, basically what happened was that Steve here (yes, steve) told me that my fretboard could be painter darker so they could use cheaper wood on it:lol: Me, I am very unexperienced in this shit, and I knew steve knew alot of stuff, so i kinda trusted he wasn't lying. So I took a nailclipper and scratched a bit on the second fret. Not noticeable unless you study it. Fuck I felt stupid:lol:

Did I get pwned y/n? :lol:

These are not my days.

Sucks to hear man. But the only thing that really matters is that you have no injuries! Even if 500€ is a lot money!

Maybe you could tell us exactly what "lost" your recordings means. As long as you didnt fill the harddisk with new stuff and overwrite the old files you may try to recover them with tune up. in the past I used something from O&O Software called unerase as well.
Those programs are at least worth a try. Good luck

This is how his cloth looked after wiping his fretboard:

001416059183.jpg

001431010152.jpg

I really thought you wouldn't have trusted me a second, sorry. But this black stuff is still strange.

These are not my days.

I'm really sorry to hear man, but at least you're ok and nothing happened you YOU on the car crash. Of course 500€ is quite some money, but you're ok, that's the most important thing. And about your files, I hope the solutions innuenDO gave you work. And also that your bad times end soon :)

Don't listen to ensi. Sony Vegas is not made for recording songs :lol: Download Reaper. By far the most simple software you will find. Not the richest on effects and shit but its simple and usable.

So is Vegas:err:

Sony Vegas works perfectly fine, you haven't tried it so shut up:lol:

You both STFU and donwload Cool Edit Pro 2! :lol::lol::lol: