Guitar Player's Thread

[ame]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=49927896[/ame]

i r 17 years old today

one more year of getting away with felonies, better make it count

You both STFU and donwload Cool Edit Pro 2! :lol::lol::lol:

Actually, one funny thing... When I was getting into video editing YEARS ago, I wanted to find out how I did the light ray effect in sony vegas (can be seen on my "Do we need this thread? Trailer 2009" video).

So I went to isohunt and searched for "cool edit" (I had NO idea that it actually was a program) and I found Cool Edit Pro 2, downloaded it and didn't know what the fuck it was:lol:

Also, I have 2 very sloppy covers coming up:kickass:

Hate Me and I Mucus On Your Grave:kickass: Hate Me is on youtube and ISOYG is rendering, then ima upload it and post both here!

Cool! And dunno if you ever gave CEP2 a try, but I'm telling you, it works great. Not tried Cubase or anything, but i don't feel in the need for that, CEP2 gives me everything I want from a recording program.

Cool! And dunno if you ever gave CEP2 a try, but I'm telling you, it works great. Not tried Cubase or anything, but i don't feel in the need for that

I gave it a try, but I was unexperienced at the time. Maybe I will give it a try now that I know alot more about recording.

CEP2 gives me everything I want from a recording program.

Same does Sony Vegas 8.0 Pro for me:) Including video!

I think it is simply amazing.

Here they are! Both are very sloppy tho, they were both done in the first take.

Sinergy - I Spit On Your Grave (the backing track is an online MIDI-MP3 converter, that explains the weird guitar)

Thanks Mitch for the tab!

Children of Bodom - Hate Me! (click the link instead of playing to get stereo sound)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2dmX62hU4A&fmt=18[/ame]

Comments are appreciated. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
These are not my days.

Days ago, I think I told you people, a borrowed gigbag with my Ibanez inside flew off my back so that it has a really ugly chip in the top now.
I have problems to pay the rent because of important expenses during the last months.
Yesterday, I slipped on the iced ground and fell hard on my bum (thank god not on my arms).

Yesterday, I wanted to drive to our rehearsal. The streets are iced these days and I thought I was slow enough - I wasn't. In a curve the car slipped away, made a 180° spin, glided backwards on the opposite lane, over a treestump beneath the road into the ditch. I'll have to pay "only" 500 Euro though because of the insurance. I have to say that I was lucky because there was no opposing traffic. If I had crashed into a car, something like Twisha's experience or worse would have happened. Oh and short hair for the win: The police said "You're not looking like a typical racer or rowdy, so we let you get away without paying or penalty points." And my girlfriend, who attended later to the place, knew the guy from the towing service so that he didn't charge anything.

Whatever, to top things off: I just reinstalled Cubase and probably lost (if noone can help me) all my recordings and ideas from the last 5 years (minus the mp3s).

I don't know what I've done, but something's wrong at the moment. :(:(:(
I'm so sorry to read this Corny :(. Looks like this new year isn't starting out too well for you...but hopefully it'll get better. And thank goodness you weren't injured and it wasn't a serious accident. About the cubase recordings, when you re-install does that mean it gets rid of all the folders also? otherwise wouldn't it just be in the audio folder of your old cubase folder? or did you delete all the old cubase folders all together?

Thanks for caring everyone... I hope the rest of 2009 will be better. :)
Edit: I just noticed that I forgot to copy a special folder while I replaced my HD two weeks ago because it has been crashed. That means that all the guitar books I had saved are gone. I can do nothing else but lol.

And I only uninstalled cubase and thought that it would ask if I want the folders to be deleted. But it didn't and deleted the crucial folders without asking for permission. Perhaps I'll try Innuendo's ideas (thanks) but on the other hand, I could take it as a chance for a musical restart. And the important recordings for my band are still there as mp3.

I don't know if this is really as new as the blog presents it, but maybe it's interesting to some people:

from blabbermouth: ALTARIA bassist Marko Pukkila has joined forces with former SONATA ARCTICA guitarist Jani Liimatainen and HUMAN TEMPLE vocalist Janne Hurme in a new band called DREAM ASYLUM. According to the group's official bio, "The foundation of DREAM ASYLUM was built by Marko Pukkila. He had material that wasn't suitable for the classic metal style of his main band, more melodic rock by nature. To sing these songs he needed a strong, emotional voice, and it didn't take him too long to invite Janne Hurme to the studio. Hurme, who has released several solo albums and a critically acclaimed hard rock album with his band HUMAN TEMPLE, was impressed by the quality of the songwriting and gladly accepted the invitation. Jani Liimatainen, the guitarist of SONATA ARCTICA, was also contacted, and he agreed to 'enter the ASYLUM'. As it happened, he also had a selection of songs that would fit neatly into the sound of the new project, and lo and behold — the band had an album's worth of songs with strong crossover potential!"

Myspace: www.myspace.com/dreamasylumband

I don't like it much, but it's not bad. The vocalist sounds like Tony Kakko in "The Musicbox".

Edit: I just noticed that I forgot to copy a special folder while I replaced my HD two weeks ago because it has been crashed. That means that all the guitar books I had saved are gone. I can do nothing else but lol.

And I only uninstalled cubase and thought that it would ask if I want the folders to be deleted. But it didn't and deleted the crucial folders without asking for permission. Perhaps I'll try Innuendo's ideas (thanks) but on the other hand, I could take it as a chance for a musical restart. And the important recordings for my band are still there as mp3.

You could try system recovery?

James Malone from Arsis has got his own Washburn signature guitar.

wv40jm.jpg

:ill: Washburn Guitars

EDIT: James Malone is now giving online guitar lessons.

MySpace said:
In addition to offering lessons in the NYC area, James Malone is now teaching online guitar lessons. Interested parties should email jamesarsis@hotmail.com.

Here they are! Both are very sloppy tho, they were both done in the first take.

Sinergy - I Spit On Your Grave (the backing track is an online MIDI-MP3 converter, that explains the weird guitar)

Thanks Mitch for the tab!

[urlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G4HTagc-vY[/url]

Children of Bodom - Hate Me! (click the link instead of playing to get stereo sound)

[urlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2dmX62hU4A&fmt=18[/url]

Comments are appreciated. :)

Play hate me tighter

I should have that Donna Lee you sent me a long time ago. I just have to find where it is. Let me know if you want it :)

Thanks, I appreciate your offer, but all the stuff I mixed down was in another folder, so these recordings are still there. :)

EDIT: If you mean the notes: I probably sent you the real book where DL was in. That would be indeed very nice if you found it somewhere on your comp.