Guitar Player's Thread

Some pictures from the NAMM (Jackson only)

09kickoffboothos8.jpg

09kickoffbloodysharkfinwb3.jpg

09kickoffbloodysharkfinvk0.jpg

09kickoffdragon2at5.jpg

09kickoffextreme63vk3.jpg

09kickoffmaple2bj5.jpg

09kickoffmapleub0.jpg

09kickoffsmokedskulls2pn9.jpg

Pђoenix;7968609 said:
Fuck cables, wireless is where it's at. Too bad I can't afford that shit :lol:
Fuck wireless. Real guitarists play with cables! :kickass:
Nah just joking :lol: Have never played wireless, but heard there can be a significant signal loss. Would really like to try it once.

:lol: Not if they are good cables, fucker! ...and btw i stole the Hot Line from schoolz so fuck u! :lol:

If you actually KNOW how to handle the fucking cable, they can last forever (or close to it).

I still don't think that the cable makes such a huge impact on the tone. Tho I have never compared 50-60EUR cables to 2-3EUR.

But I see no point in going 50-60+ EUR really :lol:

If you actually KNOW how to handle the fucking cable, they can last forever (or close to it).

I still don't think that the cable makes such a huge impact on the tone. Tho I have never compared 50-60EUR cables to 2-3EUR.

Fuck yeah it makes difference ...

Try a decent cable with decent (neutrik) jacks and a thick cable and you will notice the difference.

Damn, people are having 2/3 guitars of 1000EUR and a amp+cabinet of 2000EUR and lots of fx ...
But buying a cable that cost more than 40EUR ... than it's to much.

Fuck yeah it makes difference ...

Try a decent cable with decent (neutrik) jacks and a thick cable and you will notice the difference.

Damn, people are having 2/3 guitars of 1000EUR and a amp+cabinet of 2000EUR and lots of fx ...
But buying a cable that cost more than 40EUR ... than it's to much.
This is what i meant people. It does make a difference...plus you are spared to continuosly replace cables for 3€ each. You can buy one for 30 approx and it'll last you a good long while if you don't cut it with a scissor or something!

Well how can you then say i am the gheyz0r saying that? I've had/have Planet Waves,Hotline,Neutrik,Cordial,Hot Wire cables and so far the Planet waves is clearly the best. It was also the most expensive and had compression springs and a gold plug. I am telling you people...buying a ssssssssssssssssssssnake does not really help your tone in anyway :lol: The cables PW makes are VERY sturdy. Cordial are as i mentioned pretty good too and good if you are on low budget but you know what i think is best. Monster is way out of reach for my budget though. Having tried one i still feel they are quality.

Not to mention everyone i know that has bought thomann cables(sssnake) have had it break on them sooner or later :lol: I don't see the point in fixing anything that sounds like dogshit compared to a decent cable anyway...

EDIT: The reason i was talking bout PW cables is because they are much cheaper than Monster and other hella expensive brands. They are quite the same quality IMO....the compression springs are sweet though :cool:

This is what i meant people. It does make a difference...plus you are spared to continuosly replace cables for 3€ each. You can buy one for 30 approx and it'll last you a good long while if you don't cut it with a scissor or something!

Well how can you then say i am the gheyz0r saying that? I've had/have Planet Waves,Hotline,Neutrik,Cordial,Hot Wire cables and so far the Planet waves is clearly the best. It was also the most expensive and had compression springs and a gold plug. I am telling you people...buying a ssssssssssssssssssssnake does not really help your tone in anyway :lol: The cables PW makes are VERY sturdy. Cordial are as i mentioned pretty good too and good if you are on low budget but you know what i think is best. Monster is way out of reach for my budget though. Having tried one i still feel they are quality.

Not to mention everyone i know that has bought thomann cables(sssnake) have had it break on them sooner or later :lol: I don't see the point in fixing anything that sounds like dogshit compared to a decent cable anyway...

EDIT: The reason i was talking bout PW cables is because they are much cheaper than Monster and other hella expensive brands. They are quite the same quality IMO....the compression springs are sweet though :cool:

What about wireless stations? I#m thinking of buying one this year but haven't ever played with one but I've heard that SURE would be a good choice.
Anyone here with a bit more experience?

Oh one question: When I use an expensive cable which goes from my guitar into my Korg but a cheap one from my Korg into my amp - does it make a difference or do I need two expensive cables?

And: what do you think about my new rythm tone? I pretty much like it cause it's really dry with less distortion but really clean. Only problem is that it sounds a bit too muffled. Here's a short sample.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/awgn2h

Settings on my Korg are: Bass, Gain at 2-4, Treble at 6, Phasout 2.3, BTQ OD Amp and UK 4x12 cab
and I have new settings for a good lead tone: Phaseout, US MDN Amp, 2x12 BLK cab, Hall 1

Thanks for the pics, Steve. These bloody inlays look great and the glossy guitar with maple fretboard, one SD and gold hardware looks awesome aswell.

And stop with your cable discussion: I "know" some guys who claim that even the batteries in the FX pedals would make a difference. (What brand they are) :lol:

@Arcane: I like the character of the sound with less gain very much, but all in all it still sounds kinda cheap to my ears. "Blechern" would I say in german. Maybe that's a problem of the mix or the EQing on the Korg, I don't know.

And do you play in a band? Buying a wireless station for home use makes as much sense as buying a halfstack for the living room in my opinion.

Well, with an active pickup it doesn't really matter how good the cable is:lol:

Also, what most people do, and not realizing it, is pulling the cable the WRONG way. Which means just grab the cable and pull it out of the amp. Which means = broken cable = new cable or soldering the old one. You should pull the cable out where the metal casing/joint is, NOT on the cable itself.

So active pickups + cheap cables = I win the game.

And to get on other things: I'm really excited about the Blackout Metal AHB-2 pickup, to try it out. The EMG PA-2 is going in my drawer. Can't wait to get moar h0vy sound.

So i'm either gonna:

-Have the output switch on the Blackout in the booster hole.
-Have a killswitch installed in the booster hole.