Guitar Player's Thread

Yeah, it sounds pretty good over my amp or over headphones an not 'blechern' so I assume it's a recording problem of my soundcard or of my mixing, don't know.
I play in a band, yes.

Pђoenix;7969753 said:
Picture054.jpg

The black one actually looks better than I imagined, but the lower wing size still puts me of both.

Woah, I actually think the black one looks awesome.

Not to mention everyone i know that has bought thomann cables(sssnake) have had it break on them sooner or later :lol: I don't see the point in fixing anything that sounds like dogshit compared to a decent cable anyway...

It doesn't sound like anything. It's a cable.

IF it's long it acts as a low-pass filter. But that's something inherent to the construction. Quality makes a difference, but not much.

And stop with your cable discussion: I "know" some guys who claim that even the batteries in the FX pedals would make a difference. (What brand they are) :lol:
Current = tone.

If you have a shitty half empty battery then you're losing tone and dynamics.

So it can matter, but i dont know if you will notice the difference between 2 new battery's.

Well, with an active pickup it doesn't really matter how good the cable is:lol:

Also, what most people do, and not realizing it, is pulling the cable the WRONG way. Which means just grab the cable and pull it out of the amp. Which means = broken cable = new cable or soldering the old one. You should pull the cable out where the metal casing/joint is, NOT on the cable itself.

So active pickups + cheap cables = I win the game.

And to get on other things: I'm really excited about the Blackout Metal AHB-2 pickup, to try it out. The EMG PA-2 is going in my drawer. Can't wait to get moar h0vy sound.

So i'm either gonna:

-Have the output switch on the Blackout in the booster hole.
-Have a killswitch installed in the booster hole.

It's actually so ridicolously logical WHY more expensive cables sound better. No it won't make a day/night difference but it is there and might contribute in some reduction of shitty-cable-noise. It's just the shielding man...moar = teh better. It's so simple...yet people deny the fact WHY there are more expensive cables and their benefits.

Shit the same.

@Leandro: Since when did hiss or noise belong to the "sound of a cable". Because that's how a broken Sssnake sounds. I'm telling you. Having owned many cheap cables and then some decent ones that there is a difference. I don't give a shit about peoples theories concerning this matter. I have heard the difference myself because i used to buy lots of shit Sssnake cables myself.

@Arcane: I wouldn't buy it. Not unless i was gigging.

Also...who fuckin pulls the cable out by the cable?:lol: That's just so illogical.

It's actually so ridicolously logical WHY more expensive cables sound better. No it won't make a day/night difference but it is there and might contribute in some reduction of shitty-cable-noise. It's just the shielding man...moar = teh better. It's so simple...yet people deny the fact WHY there are more expensive cables and their benefits.

Shit the same.

@Leandro: Since when did hiss or noise belong to the "sound of a cable". Because that's how a broken Sssnake sounds. I'm telling you. Having owned many cheap cables and then some decent ones that there is a difference. I don't give a shit about peoples theories concerning this matter. I have heard the difference myself because i used to buy lots of shit Sssnake cables myself.

@Arcane: I wouldn't buy it. Not unless i was gigging.

Also...who fuckin pulls the cable out by the cable?:lol: That's just so illogical.

If the Sssnake cable came NEW with hiss, I wouldn't buy 'em.

God fucking damnit Matias, seems like you fucked up alot of cables some time back:lol:

They are quiet, they are cables. Planet Waves is quiet, they are also cables.

Only thing hella expensive cables do is be more resistant to breakage and maybe get the signal going quicker. Which I don't need at all when I get actives.

Now stfu and make me a sammich Matias

Yeah, it sounds pretty good over my amp or over headphones an not 'blechern' so I assume it's a recording problem of my soundcard or of my mixing, don't know.
I play in a band, yes.

Just listened to your Downfall cover, sounded excellent.
However the synth effect you use at the end, is the EXACT one of my ringtone, and I kept thinking my phone was going off at the end :erk:

Just listened to your Downfall cover, sounded excellent.
However the synth effect you use at the end, is the EXACT one of my ringtone, and I kept thinking my phone was going off at the end :erk:

I've used another setting for my Downfall cover. I think a 2x12 BLK cab and US MDN amp or sth. But this tone sounds indeed better on my youtube videos but I prefer my new tone when I play for myself. That sucks.

I've uploaded Next in line a few hours ago with my new tone so you can compare them and tell me which you like more?

I have a 6 $ cable for more than a year, it's doing fine, no hiss or noise.