Guitar Player's Thread

Racer X are playing tomorrow and someone is recording the whole thing. Paul Gilbert has also been given one copy of EVERY single PGM guitar ever made as a present from Ibanez. They're re-issuing the PGM100, I love that guitar so it might actually be the only PGM I'll ever bother to get, it's got a trem too.

If the Sssnake cable came NEW with hiss, I wouldn't buy 'em.

God fucking damnit Matias, seems like you fucked up alot of cables some time back:lol:

They are quiet, they are cables. Planet Waves is quiet, they are also cables.

Only thing hella expensive cables do is be more resistant to breakage and maybe get the signal going quicker. Which I don't need at all when I get actives.

Now stfu and make me a sammich Matias

:lol: Whatever. It's what you prefer i guess. The cable always seems to break inside somehow. They are not so well protected.

Anyways...i got really nice warranty service from thomann a time back. They sent me the UPS sticker pickup stuff so i could send the item for repair but i had some serious difficulties with my e-mail and they just said "It's fine...we will send them by regular post". They basically could have said "Fuck off,deal with it!" Since i reported that like a week or something before the warranty was out of date :lol: Big PLUS for thomann in that case. That being said...their new delivery system is bollocks.

Racer X are playing tomorrow and someone is recording the whole thing. Paul Gilbert has also been given one copy of EVERY single PGM guitar ever made as a present from Ibanez. They're re-issuing the PGM100, I love that guitar so it might actually be the only PGM I'll ever bother to get, it's got a trem too.

For people who don't know about the new PGM's!

007.jpg

009.jpg

013.jpg

Cheers for those pics, inhe, I hadn't seen the close up one. I love that.

And the new Mustaine V has a SICK graphic. Looks amazing.

New Michael Amott signature:
amott_usa_v.jpg

amott_bloodstorm.jpg

The bloodstorm is kinda nice. Still not sure what to think. Kinda extreme variation from his Ninja V.

Trivium seems to have left Dean also :lol:

Pђoenix;7969753 said:
Picture054.jpg

The black one actually looks better than I imagined, but the lower wing size still puts me of both.
that black one looks gooooooood. maybe I'll get this one someday rather than the pink alexi 600.

that's a killer design.

speaking of cables, I got the musician's friend catalog in the mail the other day, and they have a Live Wire "advantage" cable for a really good price. Anyone know if these are good cables? All the cables I have eventually start making that buzzing and hissing noise, and I don't know why...but I'm guessing it's the quality? although Leandro was just arguing against that....

amott_usa_v.jpg

amott_bloodstorm.jpg

The bloodstorm is kinda nice. Still not sure what to think. Kinda extreme variation from his Ninja V.

I think I liked the Ninja V better. The Bloodstorm graphic is awesome, but I don't like the inlays. Also, it's a Dean, and I don't really like Dean guitars.

Fuck wireless. Real guitarists play with cables! :kickass:
Nah just joking :lol: Have never played wireless, but heard there can be a significant signal loss. Would really like to try it once.

I played a cheap one and I'm telling you: either spend a lot of money on one or get cables. Cheap wireless are the most epic fucking piece of shit.

speaking of cables, I got the musician's friend catalog in the mail the other day, and they have a Live Wire "advantage" cable for a really good price. Anyone know if these are good cables? All the cables I have eventually start making that buzzing and hissing noise, and I don't know why...but I'm guessing it's the quality? although Leandro was just arguing against that....

If you can't use a soldering gun, you're better off with quality cables though :p

Or can't afford a decent soldering gun. Actually if you afford quality 3 meter cable you can get a soldering gun :lol: But fuck that shit. I want a lasting cable. I got a soldering gun but the tip does not heat up properly. Has lots of cold spots so its impossible to solder exactly with it.

amott_usa_v.jpg

amott_bloodstorm.jpg

Looks pretty cool but I think I like his brothers signature better:

Dewllinger-CA%20PWH.jpg

New Peavey 6505 head looks kickass.

Picture008.jpg

Oh and "real life" pictures of the new Mike Amott sigs.

AmottTyrant.jpg

AmottSignatureTyrant.jpg

Gaaaaayyy :lol: