Guitar Player's Thread

Machine Head - Imperium

That would mean you have to drop your gutiar to Drop B though if you wan't to play it in the original tuning. Weeeeell, it's only half step lower than Drop C.

What's up guys ? I recently bought myself a bass and I have noticed that my guitar playing has been improved as well. Any of you guys play bass as well?

So here's a cover of Angels Don't Kill by my band at our last gig. Without keyboards and vocals.
It went pretty bad, fucking hell :( We played everything way too fast, and 3:39, christ.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM5Z_yUK3W4
Advice of course welcome.
I'm the little bugger on the left btw.

Wasn't as bad as you say! Of course the lack of keys and vocals makes it loose quite a bit, but as far as what was played there were some weird notes and stuff but overall not bad :)

I was offered an Ibanez JEM 555 WH for 550€ near to mint condition only the finish turned more into vintage white. I love that guitar and I have the money but to be honest I dont need a new guitar. Is this price an undeniable offer?

Well, not undeniable but something I don't think I'd say no, I mean is almost half the price and the guitar is not the real Jem but it's quite nice IMO.

Hey guys I wanna swap out the LFR in my Jackson Dinky for a higher quality bridge.What would you recommend?I'm thinking schaller,OFR,or gotoh.Also would a brass sustain block be something to look into for more sustain obviously?

Hai guise! I know some of you hate COB, but still take a look at the vid and tell me what you think about the playing and tone and all that crap.

(click on link for HQ and stereo blahblahblah :))

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh awesome,thats part of my problem with the LFR.Bastard never stays in tune regardless of how much I use it.

I'm presuming you are an experienced guitar player and that you have stretched your strings enough.

Number 1 problem with FR tuning stability problems is not having the strings stretched enough. I learned that, and thought my FR was shit.

I usually don't stretch my strings on my Jackson but, then again I find myself having to do a full unlock and re-tune every once in a while, nothing major though

I'm presuming you are an experienced guitar player and that you have stretched your strings enough.

Number 1 problem with FR tuning stability problems is not having the strings stretched enough. I learned that, and thought my FR was shit.

Yeah the LFR on my guitar is pretty poop,stretched strings or no stretched strings.

EEcopy.jpg

Hai guise! I know some of you hate COB, but still take a look at the vid and tell me what you think about the playing and tone and all that crap.

(click on link for HQ and stereo blahblahblah :))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsXbvIWjSn4&fmt=18

Hey, I will comment this since everyone here does what he did for the last months: talking about the same damn questions over and over and over again. And ignoring the more interesting posts of course.

The tone was ok, and the playing was acceptable/good. What makes me wonder is that the sloppy (or just not so clean) parts were easier compared to the rest of the solo. Imo, you could have made a better video with some more takes, and I actually suggest that you do that. :p

A completely different point is bending the strings. I think that I don't have to say anything, you alread know it, right?

This doesn't mean that I could have recorded a better version, but it's my honest opinion nonetheless.

What the fuck? He's giving constructive criticism, are you 8 years old or what?

Saying "YEAH DUDE THATS AWESOME" when there's clearly some improvements to be made doesn't help anyone, especially not the guitarist.