Guitar Player's Thread

Yeah Salieri Strikes Back is harder but...

WTF the intro is harder with both hand than just one hand, maybe I got something wrong but :lol:

How do you transition from that one ascending bar to next the begins with the A#/Bb with one hand? I just play the first note/root note with the left. I pretty much play it with all one hand :p

Don't really know, like I said that was a little time ago so I need to relearn them. I'll first relearn Salieri Strikes Back, than after I'll go on Return Of Salieri.

I got what you said, I was talking of both hand = lead and rythm, not actually only the lead. Anyway.

Don't really know, like I said that was a little time ago so I need to relearn them. I'll first relearn Salieri Strikes Back, than after I'll go on Return Of Salieri.

I got what you said, I was talking of both hand = lead and rythm, not actually only the lead. Anyway.

Sorry for bothering you, but you are the only active keyboardist in this thread :lol: What is the fingering for that one run in order to smoothly transition to the next bar? Also, I play the pedal note in the next bars with my ring finger, should it be with the pinky?

ReturnofSalieritab.jpg

I still don't understand how to read sheet music with key signatures (in this case Cm). Is this a problem for you?

Sorry for bothering you, but you are the only active keyboardist in this thread :lol: What is the fingering for that one run in order to smoothly transition to the next bar? Also, I play the pedal note in the next bars with my ring finger, should it be with the pinky?

ReturnofSalieritab.jpg

I still don't understand how to read sheet music with key signatures (in this case Cm). Is this a problem for you?

Basically, the relative major key is Eb maj (hence the 3 flats). In the key of Ebmaj/Cmin, the notes are Eb F G Ab Bb C D Eb. If you'll notice in the key signature, you have a Bb, Eb, and an Ab (look at where the middle of the "b" falls). This means every single B, E, or A you come across is to be played as a Bb, Eb, or an Ab, respectively, unless otherwise notated.

Basically, the relative major key is Eb maj (hence the 3 flats). In the key of Ebmaj/Cmin, the notes are Eb F G Ab Bb C D Eb. If you'll notice in the key signature, you have a Bb, Eb, and an Ab (look at where the middle of the "b" falls). This means every single B, E, or A you come across is to be played as a Bb, Eb, or an Ab, respectively.

Yeah, thats what I kind of figured out for myself. I'm sure it makes it hard to read when the key of a song changes a bunch :lol: Everything is so much easier to understand when the key is assumed to be "C major" :lol:

i like obscura, its cool IMO. meh i really did not like anything the girl played, the playing was sorta good i suppose but the songwriting was so bad. and shes definetly not that amazing. those first sweeps the first song didnt go with the backing track at all, speed pickin was :erk: but you know whatever. other people would say ZOMG SH3 IS TAY B3ST! (for a girl) and i hate it when people say that. sure there arent that many good representations of girl "shredders" but it doesnt mean girls cant play fuckin guitar.

MEAT OF THE POST:

BARK AT THE MOON FULL COVER!!

alright i started learning this song 3 days ago so bear with my if i have any mistakes.
if anyone doesnt know...i'm 14 years old, been playing for 2 years. setup: alexi-600 straight into marshall valvestate 8240 w/ an mxr 10 band eq in the FX loop, its on the whole time. i tried to get a good jake. e. lee tone. god theres no covers of bark at the moon on youtube and every one thats on there is not played right or anything. i gotta throw this on there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP7XKXSamyg
:headbang:

honestly i doubt that cover was much better than most on youtube, you fucked up a few riffs, namely the one with the squealing harmonics and you did a bunch of easier stuff in the solo as opposed to the actual solo. i'm not saying its awful but maybe instead of posing and making faces and whammywank you should practice the actual song and solo.

Yeah, thats what I kind of figured out for myself. I'm sure it makes it hard to read when the key of a song changes a bunch :lol: Everything is so much easier to understand when the key is assumed to be "C major" :lol:

not really. its jsut like the guitar, you get used to it ;)

play your scales teh :p

That's how I'd do it. It might not be correct, but it seems most comfortable with the 123 1234.

salieriintro.jpg

Actually, 123 123 123 would work rather well if you wanted to that.

Oh yeah - you should use your pinky and thumb in bars 3 and 4. Try to incorporate a "doorknob turning" motion for those pedal things...it's all in the wrist.

That's how I'd do it. It might not be correct, but it seems most comfortable with the 123 1234.

salieriintro.jpg

Actually, 123 123 123 would work rather well if you wanted to that.

Oh yeah - you should use your pinky and thumb in bars 3 and 4. Try to incorporate a "doorknob turning" motion for those pedal things...it's all in the wrist.

Thanks for your help lately, Ben! I played it 123,123,123 before because I wasn't sure if using the pinky on a black key was the best method (the 123,12345 method).

Regarding the pedal tone thing, if I were to use my pinky, how would I play A#, A, A# fast? Maybe it is just me but I feel uncomftable, maybe this has to do with the length of the fingers (pinky being relatively short compared to the ring finger)

Haha, just realized how weak my pinky and ring finger are together when trying to do thrills.

ALSO just realized that your second bar is different from my second bar. I'm sure yours is correct.

honestly i doubt that cover was much better than most on youtube, you fucked up a few riffs, namely the one with the squealing harmonics and you did a bunch of easier stuff in the solo as opposed to the actual solo. i'm not saying its awful but maybe instead of posing and making faces and whammywank you should practice the actual song and solo.

like i said i started it three days ago and i was mainly getting those last 3 runs in the solo down. i tried to make it as close as i could, sorry :Smug: and i like to actually PLAY the guitar not just sit down. i like to get up and make faces and "whammywank" because its ME not jak lee.

k...sorry i didnt watch every fucking video. besides the guys like 40.

it was my first attempt and sure i could do better but im proud with it.

dude chill out. You made a statement that all the covers were trash. All I did was show you a video that showed you made a false statement. And who gives if the dude is 40 years old. You said earlier, when talking about the chick, that it was all about playing guitar. The same should apply for age. I said you did a good job, but watch what you type next time :kickass: