Guitar Player's Thread

I forgot to plug out (?) my guitar cable from my Blues Driver. So it was connected one night. The battery was new I think and now the control light doesn't flash but the overdrive thing is still active.
Crazy thing...

I'm concidering buying some recording equipment, nothing super-advanced-professional stuff, just something I can plug into my computer and use for recording:loco:... So, what are you guys using, or recomending?

I'm really a noob at this kind of things. :p

I'm using a line 6 POD and Cubase SX 3. You can get cubase sx 3 off bittorrent. I get a pretty decent sound out of that combination.

News from today about the pickup S:..
So I went to the store and asked how much for the pickups and the whole process of getting them into my guitar and
I found it like something I can't effort myself.. it costs 290$.. for me its not cheap at all S:
I have a lame job and I'm payed once a month for a 46$.. plus I don't if its worthy to install those pickups in my guitar
because It doesn't have a floyd its fixed :( someday I'll have to buy floyd.. anyway I'm in deep sh*t
oh and I have only about 250$ so any tips or something about what should I do with it..

Save up and buy a new guitar.

There's no point in spending all that money on trying to fix up a cheap JS series Jackson.

News from today about the pickup S:..
So I went to the store and asked how much for the pickups and the whole process of getting them into my guitar and
I found it like something I can't effort myself.. it costs 290$.. for me its not cheap at all S:
I have a lame job and I'm payed once a month for a 46$.. plus I don't if its worthy to install those pickups in my guitar
because It doesn't have a floyd its fixed :( someday I'll have to buy floyd.. anyway I'm in deep sh*t
oh and I have only about 250$ so any tips or something about what should I do with it..

If you're not comfortable with your guitar, it will be a waste of money anyway spending money on pickups and other upgrades....in that case it's better to save money for a new guitar.

You won't get much for 250$. If I were you I would save my money, and when I had enough I'd buy a decent guitar.

You might be lucky and there might turn up some good deals on ebay.

And remeber if you want a guitar with a floyd...most low-end guitars have licensed floyds which will not stay in tune..and if you like to swicth between standard and drop tunings they're a pain in the ass.

Wish I could buy from eBay.... but I live with my parents who doesn't agree to buy anything from the internet because they say
its not safe.. anyway the best thing I can get is a MG Series WRMG Warrior™ for 1,079$ and that would happen only in a year or two.. and I'm not sure I could gather so much money in those two years cause in about year and half I'm going to the army.. and
thats not enough time.. anyway big pile of sh*t..
edit:Oh and I love to play between the tunnings.. crap.

Does this count for me too? Since today, I can finally use the PX4D and rerecorded my solo. I obviously haven't found a good tone on the Pandora yet (this needs some time), but I would be happy if I don't miss a forum jam.

I always thought you didn't add stuff after the deadline?

Yeah. When can you send it? I've saved the CEP file to prepare myself for correcting Conti's, adding Pheonix's and now adding yours. I'd rather do 'em all at once.

And to to last bit, I don't usually add people after...the answer is I don't...usually. But I really enjoyed Conti's solo so I think I owe him for that, Pheonix has an awesome RG770 :p and Corny always wrote a killer solo for the 1st forum jam. I just wanna hear what he can do for this one.

And also, Pheonix has already recorded he said, he just couldn't get it to me in time.

Wish I could buy from eBay.... but I live with my parents who doesn't agree to buy anything from the internet because they say
its not safe.. anyway the best thing I can get is a MG Series WRMG Warrior™ for 1,079$ and that would happen only in a year or two.. and I'm not sure I could gather so much money in those two years cause in about year and half I'm going to the army.. and
thats not enough time.. anyway big pile of sh*t..
edit:Oh and I love to play between the tunnings.. crap.

Ibanez got some hardtail RGs which are fairly lowpriced.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG321-Electric-Guitar-512492-i1147796.gc?source=4WDTWXX

Don't know how much they'll cost if you don't buy them online.

I live in Israhell no way I can get a good guitar in a low price.. and find some money bahh anyway..
I think I'm going to find a job as a dishes cleaner or something somewhere and start earning some money to buy a Jackson
Warrior MG Series thanks for the help anyway :) you helped me alot

Here is my Silent Night Bodom Night solo attempt that I said I was going to do. WARNING- RECORDINGS CLIPPY AS FUCK! :lol: So turn down the volume level. Any tips on recording levels? (Such as volume level, microphone level, amp level, etc.) I tried but I just stuck with it. Comments on my playing would be appreciated too :)

Silent Night Bodom Night Keys

Yeah. When can you send it? I've saved the CEP file to prepare myself for correcting Conti's, adding Pheonix's and now adding yours. I'd rather do 'em all at once.
Yay, check your PMs.

And it's not awesome or something because I tried to do something new, more fusion-like. So everyone who wait for a really cool solo: I have to disappoint you :p

EDIT: And btw, after I heard the awesome solos of - not only, but especially - Mitch and Conti, I took everything which smelled like RocknRoll out of my solo because I couldn't keep up with these guys.

some very useful tutorial about how to record guitar
http://www.imperialmastering.com/guitartonevid/

Just finished watching. Holy smokes was that a lot of information for me to absorb. Lots of useful stuff about mic postioning and other tips. No wonder his tone is good, he is playing through a Peavey 5150 II :headbang:

And btw, after I heard the awesome solos of - not only, but especially - Mitch and Conti, I took everything which smelled like RocknRoll out of my solo because I couldn't keep up with these guys.

What do you mean? :lol: You are good too.

some very useful tutorial about how to record guitar
http://www.imperialmastering.com/guitartonevid/

Really useful information, i know this was mainly about amps and mics, but it would be nice if he talked about different pickups and picks.

Just finished watching. Holy smokes was that a lot of information for me to absorb. Lots of useful stuff about mic postioning and other tips. No wonder his tone is good, he is playing through a Peavey 5150 II :headbang:
What do you mean? :lol: You are good too.

It sounded really profesisonal, but i didn't like the tone.