Guitar Player's Thread

Because I am shit.

Oh please... :Smug: ...stfu, and because I said so. :mad:

Hmm, I joked and you knew it, right? But... what are you doing still awake at this time?! :eek: ....get some sleep!!! :mad: :saint:

And...
And on the subject of solos, I decided what I'm playing in that song I was mentioning earlier. Here's a rough recording of what I'm hoping it'll sound like. :p

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jore1u
...I really liked this a lot! The tone is also great, to me. You seem to like playing by night a lot, don't you? Hehe. :)

Bed Of Razors. :lol:

Hence the name, Children Of Bodom Rip Off. :p

Oh that's right, for some reason i thought it was Sinergy :lol:

Seriously though, sounds spot on, even if you didn't come up with everything yourself. Fits better than most solos i've heard.

It's all about what sounds good to you and usually based around certain licks that you like to play alot.

Check out Alexi's early solos, lots of sweeped arpeggios. Check out his later stuff, lots of aggressive vibrato and Zakk Wylde type stuff. Check out Kill Em All, Hammett uses lots of the same fast pentatonic blues licks in the same key that the song is in.

It's all about YOU, what YOU like to play, and then when it comes to writing, stick with what you think sounds best, not what's the most impressive or something.

And on the subject of solos, I decided what I'm playing in that song I was mentioning earlier. Here's a rough recording of what I'm hoping it'll sound like. :p

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jore1u

:kickass: Bed Of Razors FTW :lol:

Because I am shit.

Oh yes, your solos at the Forum Jams and your YouTube vids are there to prove that................ you're wrong.

Seriously though, sounds spot on, even if you didn't come up with everything yourself. Fits better than most solos i've heard.

QFT:kickass:

After having searched for JE 1000 and MM04 all around the net (eBay, Amazon, Japan and Google included, I know Google is my friend) and having found nothing, and after readind in Bob's home custom RR's thread good things about it, I've decided to get the EMG PA2, but before getting it I have some questions:

-Does it need a battery?
-If it's turned off it's like if it weren't there?
-For those who have it, how do you like it?

After having searched for JE 1000 and MM04 all around the net (eBay, Amazon, Japan and Google included, I know Google is my friend) and having found nothing, and after readind in Bob's home custom RR's thread good things about it, I've decided to get the EMG PA2, but before getting it I have some questions:

-Does it need a battery?
-If it's turned off it's like if it weren't there?
-For those who have it, how do you like it?

I had a EMG Afterburner(Same as PA but it has adjustable up to +20db of gain/boost...as well as a push n pull poti. Identical to PA only that PA has the direct off and on switch.)

-Yes...one 9 volt batter.
-Yeah pretty much.
-I had one...it was bad. Noisy,Not that necessary and it wasn't really that practical,It did give a enormous output/gainboost. My opinion:Not a good choice...The installing was pain in the ass and IMO it was not worth the money and trouble at all. Additional -1 is if you have actives...i had passives and the noise was pretty horrible tbh. NOT intolerable but pretty noisy still.

Also Mitch has one...you could ask him. He might have different opinion but my opinion is a clear DONT GET IT.:lol:

Well, I asked mainly because of this. Some people says is good, others bad, and in Bob's RR thread everybody seemed quite pleased with it (using both passive and active). And btw, people says PA2 and afterburner have nothing to do, dunno if it's true, :lol: Thanks anyway.

Well, I asked mainly because of this. Some people says is good, others bad, and in Bob's RR thread everybody seemed quite pleased with it (using both passive and active). And btw, people says PA2 and afterburner have nothing to do, dunno if it's true, :lol: Thanks anyway.

Well...i can surely say you this EMG HZ+PA2=a more disted EMG HZ...its nothing like a EMG 81 with it. Only shittier/Noisier. I had experience of one in my own guitar so i tell you :lol: STAY AWAY!:lol:

I just sold my fucking Boss Metalzone for 60€(93$) :kickass: :lol: Next in the summer my amplifier goes! For a bit over 200€...everything unneccesary will go away.

ha ha.

after everyone gave you some suggestions, I think you should've tried....or maybe you just weren't pleased with what you came up with?

Well when I listened to everyone's solos, it just seemed like they just typed in random notes and didn't really think about how they sounded. :erk:

Most of them weren't even in Emin. I could come up with something but I'd rather just get it out of the way tbh. I'm pleased with how the BOR solo sounds over the top and I did change it a bit, so it's not note for note.

When you post, it helps if you use your brain a little before clicking "Sumbit Reply".

I think we've all smashed him for that fucking comment now!! :lol:

*BUMP*

And to get some attention this time:

TN_6.jpg

Let's see if this works

If you dont like Rapidshare, you can listen to it on myspace too:
http://myspace.com/navarismetal

That was definitely cool!! I like the dryness of the guitar tone but it does seem a little...I dno how to describe it, sounded like it was a bit too closed in, lacking treble or something.

But in terms of composition, it was great. Definitely better than most of the melo-death type songs that I hear people uploading around here.

┼Victim of the Night┼;7063573 said:
Oh please... :Smug: ...stfu, and because I said so. :mad:

Hmm, I joked and you knew it, right? But... what are you doing still awake at this time?! :eek: ....get some sleep!!! :mad: :saint:
And...

...I really liked this a lot! The tone is also great, to me. You seem to like playing by night a lot, don't you? Hehe. :)

I was up late because I was watching a vid...:lol: :err:. So it's your turn to stfu. :p

And yes, I am a Creature Of The Night. :Smokin:

:kickass: I just hope I can pull it off on the day!! It's faster than BoR.

Well, I asked mainly because of this. Some people says is good, others bad, and in Bob's RR thread everybody seemed quite pleased with it (using both passive and active). And btw, people says PA2 and afterburner have nothing to do, dunno if it's true, Thanks anyway.

I think the PA2 is the one I have in my RR. It's noice is certainly noticable when you switch it on but it does have a very drastic effect.

When I'm plugged through my pc, it gives off a lot of hum and fuzz but when I play through an actual amp, it sounds much better, but you have to turn the gain down otherwise it'll sound shit.

I think the PA2 is the one I have in my RR. It's noice is certainly noticable when you switch it on but it does have a very drastic effect.

When I'm plugged through my pc, it gives off a lot of hum and fuzz but when I play through an actual amp, it sounds much better, but you have to turn the gain down otherwise it'll sound shit.

Yeah i would say that too. I would never buy a PA2 separately and put it in my guitar though...thats just unneccesary for me!

i posted this a while ago but got no response...heres another try, anyone have any particularly handy info on changing pickups im going to put some EMG's im my guitar but dont know how.....is it worth trying on my own or should i just take it to the shop??

i posted this a while ago but got no response...heres another try, anyone have any particularly handy info on changing pickups im going to put some EMG's im my guitar but dont know how.....is it worth trying on my own or should i just take it to the shop??

It's all to do with the wiring. If you take the back plate off and take a photo of it and mark on it where the wires from that pickup are coming FROM and where they're going TO, then you can't go wrong.

Take that pickup out, put the new one in, and then match the wire from the new pickup with the photo you took and figure out which one is which (there'll be 2 or 3 little wires coming out of the 1 thick one) and then solder them to the places that the old pickup was.

Have they really ever used PA2? Just curious. Btw how does a JE1000 sound different? Anyone tried a MM04?(i think ive actually asked that one before :lol:

To put it simple: The JE1000 is not just a simple Volume boost, it also boosts certain frequencies(most notably the Mid ranges, there are several switches you can use to change the sound of it).
From what i have heard though, there is no true bypass with the switch on a JE1000, so even though you get considerably less gain, it never takes away all, you always get a bit of colouring from the JE1000, though im not sure if this is true, as i am yet to actually try one.