Guitar Player's Thread

Fancy studio is fancy

so last November we won 10 hours of studio time so we took a road trip to do some recording in this studio that is humorously too fancy looking, they said it is owned by the goo goo dolls or something.

So we did drums yestesterday and then played a gig at the most depressing and creepy satanist bar lololol everyone who worked there was a big doucher to us and looked like they wanted to kill themselves on a daily basis

And there was some tuffguy band after us who are like super serious tru kvlt thrash band and the guy broke his string during the gig and was screwed so I let him use mine and he was embarrased because it's purple lol

Then we slept at some random friend of a friend of a friends house and tried to watch kindergarden cop on VHS but it didn't work!

so last November we won 10 hours of studio time so we took a road trip to do some recording in this studio that is humorously too fancy looking, they said it is owned by the goo goo dolls or something.

So we did drums yestesterday and then played a gig at the most depressing and creepy satanist bar lololol everyone who worked there was a big doucher to us and looked like they wanted to kill themselves on a daily basis

And there was some tuffguy band after us who are like super serious tru kvlt thrash band and the guy broke his string during the gig and was screwed so I let him use mine and he was embarrased because it's purple lol

Then we slept at some random friend of a friend of a friends house and tried to watch kindergarden cop on VHS but it didn't work!

This is what I'd call an adventure, sir.

^ Get your codecs updated, lol. Works for me.

Haven't listened to it yet tho. Will comment... sometime. Sorry, the Kid, a bit busy these days.

^Don't worry man, it's fine.

@marfal Yeah, I can play it on mine, I've sent midis to Ensi and Flo and they can hear them, probably something outdated.

Kid, pretty decent, the interlude sounded a bit off/weird, but maybe cause the midi sound quality sucks. Who knows what it'll sound like with actual guitars :rolleyes:

Other than that, the song feels like it's begging for a juicy solo after those scale runs. You know, something to give it a bit more personality :p

hurrr. mmkay

Thanks man, not sure which part you mean sounds off though. And yeah, the more I listen to it, the more I want to slam an old-school badass simple solo in there. :kickass: :D

^ Get your codecs updated, lol. Works for me.

Haven't listened to it yet tho. Will comment... sometime. Sorry, the Kid, a bit busy these days.

I've found my problem, you guys are using the standard midi playback soundtable, I didn't. :cool:
I'll check the song later, got to download again and I'm off.
cya

naamloos-1.jpg

So, in order to give myself more tonal flexibility and variety, I've decided that the next guitar I'm getting will be an ESP EC II (in Snow White).

However, just as I am getting rid of the EMG pickups in my SV, I don't plan on keeping them in the EC either. And on that note, the specs of the EC are obviously quite different than the the SV (mahogany body vs. alder, mahogany neck vs. maple, 24.75 scale vs. 25.5, fixed bridge vs. OFR)

SO.

The pickups I'm switching out on my SV may not work optimally on the EC. Which is why I'm wondering, for those whom may have the same (or similar) guitar as the Eclipse (such as a Les Paul, or otherwise) may be able to advise me on what kind of pickups work best in that kind of context. Such as alnico v.s ceramic, etc.

As far as my playing goes, I prefer natural overdriven distortion and breakup vs. tons of pre-amp gain. Preferably warmth without losing clarity. Something like this...

Thanks guys! And on that note, Buckethead's new album(s) kick ass.

EDIT: One other quick question. What do you guys think of Mesa Dual Recs? I really like my 5150, but I'm intrigued. I've played one before, but don't feel like I had enough time to dial in a good tone on it (and Mesas are notoriously sensitive to dialing them in just right).

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys, I'm new to the forum... ive been looking at this thread for while for useful tips and now i have finally decided to join... anyways to answer your question Delanoir i have an esp eclipse II as well and i swapped out the EMG's for seymour duncan's JB (bridge) and 50 (neck) and i have to say it sounds so much better and they are much more flexible than EMG's.

I finally downloaded ezdrummer and dkfh and got them both working in Fruity Loops!!

Its a shame you cant import in different samples though. Anyone know of any decent things to download too for some better samples or so?

hey guys, I'm new to the forum... ive been looking at this thread for while for useful tips and now i have finally decided to join... anyways to answer your question Delanoir i have an esp eclipse II as well and i swapped out the EMG's for seymour duncan's JB (bridge) and 50 (neck) and i have to say it sounds so much better and they are much more flexible than EMG's.

Dude, you got a Youtube? You must be good if you have a real ESP :kickass: Welcome to the forum btw :)

I don't have a youtube but my band is on myspace and my ESP cost me less than my RR24 o_O(used) but both are amazing guitars... Yeah heres my bands myspace www.myspace.com/watersidefuneral ... all the recordings are done with an esp eclipse with emg's though and the song "I once knew a vampire" i was running through a fractal axe fx awesome amp.